Paige vs Caitlin | The Boneyard

Paige vs Caitlin

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
To different player roles for their team. Paige's is to get everybody involved and Catlin is to shoot first then get other involved. UConn wins this one big. Both are AA's and great players. Let's stop comparing them. This is a team game and UConn has the better team.

Reaction Score
The article repeats the claim that the UConn v Iowa match-up will portend the future of both teams. Nonsense. Iowa's current problem and one that will probably continue is a paucity of good players. The Huskies, on the other hand, have a murderer's row of recruits coming in the next few years. Projecting the future prospects for these teams will have nothing to do with the upcoming contest.
As Tony C wrote: "This is a team game, and UConn has the better team." Huskies in a waltz.
Enjoy the stars, savor the win.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Iowa has some other very good players. How good? We will find out. Don't get too cocky and look past them. But I am hoping for a decisive win. Clark can go 10 for 30 and score 28 points and I will be very happy. But we can't let her go 18 for 30, or 16 for 24. Keep her down around 40% or lower.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
No, it's not Bueckers vs Clark, it's Iowa vs UConn. Two of the most exciting freshmen players Enjoy

Day 3 summary
Yes, it is UConn vs Iowa. This is a matchup I didn't want to see. The media is going to make this a farce, all week comparing Paige to Caitlin. They are both dynamic players, no doubt. Paige does not look for her shot unless things are not going well, while Caitlin may look for her shot first. One thing they have in common, they both make their teammates better. They both will be legendary players before their careers are over, and their respective teams will clash again in the future. But, to make this a 2 person duel is disrespectful to both teams, and although it will make great theater, it may put a unintended "big time loser" stamp if one of them has a bad game. This will be the most watched game in the history of ESPN, no doubt. May the best TEAM win.

Reaction Score
I know the hype is good for the game. I get it. But it's getting old. Thank goodness I can mute the sound on my TV like I used to during the Geno/Pat era.

Reaction Score
After watching Iowa vs Kentucky there’s no doubt Clark is going to be out for blood. However I just don’t think she has the supporting cast to make this one close. I think UConn will take it by 15+.
Iowa has one of the worst defenses and UConn one of the better defenses. I think we’ll be fine. Clark will get hers, let’s try to limit her to 20 and not let the supporting crew get 50 (like Kentucky did). Our defense should seal this one, especially the way Liv played last game against the 6’7 post she shouldn’t have a problem against the much shorter Iowa center. Rebound/defense/contesting Clark’s shots are keys. Offensively I’m not worried, think it’ll be a lot of layups for us.

Reaction Score
After watching Iowa vs Kentucky there’s no doubt Clark is going to be out for blood. However I just don’t think she has the supporting cast to make this one close. I think UConn will take it by 15+.
Iowa has one of the worst defenses and UConn one of the better defenses. I think we’ll be fine. Clark will get hers, let’s try to limit her to 20 and not let the supporting crew get 50 (like Kentucky did). Our defense should seal this one, especially the way Liv played last game against the 6’7 post she shouldn’t have a problem against the much shorter Iowa center. Rebound/defense/contesting Clark’s shots are keys. Offensively I’m not worried, think it’ll be a lot of layups for us.
Would love for Paige to go off and score 25-30 while UConn's defense shuts Clark down. Probably won't happen that way, but I can dream.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Glad we have extended time to scout them.

Reaction Score
Would love for Paige to go off and score 25-30 while UConn's defense shuts Clark down. Probably won't happen that way, but I can dream.
Unless they guard each other the entire game, the false narrative will be hyped as "Paige outplayed Caitlin".
Team Defense will win the game.

Reaction Score
It's going to be a fun game. With Paige and Caitlin on the court together it's must see TV. Can't blame the media for hyping the story line as their add revenue depends on the number of eyeballs watching. Of course they are going to play up the rivalry. I don't think either player cares about that. There might be some bragging rights on the line though. ;)

Reaction Score
Please dont go too far ,Kentucky lose because the FG only 35%
wasted a lot of lay up
CW ,PG, EW play good offense ,continues dri and lay up
make them fouls
and we make well defense then we will win 20pts and above

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Glad we have extended time to scout them.
I was surprised as well as Syracuse was that we zoned them most of the game. What will the brain trust come up with to stop her. I think they would sacrifice Aubrey to play her because of her size to make a lot of her shots difficult. She will get them off no doubt. I doubt they want to lose Christyn to fouls for a lot of the game. Can't wait to see what Geno comes up with.

Reaction Score
don't sell Czinano the Iowa post player short...........she's a space eater and once she establishes inside position she is going to score.........I've watched her for the past three games and she rarely misses from in close and is far more athletic than she appears.........Iowa does an excellent job feeding her the ball where she wants it and with Clark it's an excellent inside outside game.......that said Olivia is too quick for her and will hopefully get her in foul trouble early and not the other way around.......

Reaction Score
don't sell Czinano the Iowa post player short...........she's a space eater and once she establishes inside position she is going to score.........I've watched her for the past three games and she rarely misses from in close and is far more athletic than she appears.........Iowa does an excellent job feeding her the ball where she wants it and with Clark it's an excellent inside outside game.......that said Olivia is too quick for her and will hopefully get her in foul trouble early and not the other way around.......
I just think people are underselling Liv. Anytime we face someone with a decent post, the narrative seems to be Liv isn’t going to do well. I thought last night playing against Cuse she proved herself. Iowa’s big is definitely physical and not to be underestimated but I think Liv will be fine with her. Kentucky kind of let her get passes inside, if Liv fronts her (like last night) it’ll be fine. Even if the girl gets a decent pass I think Liv’s size will bother her enough. I agree though I think one of them will get into foul trouble and hopefully it’s not Liv.

Reaction Score
What I love about Paige is she doesn’t need 30 points to win the game for us. Her impact goes so much farther than that. With Clark I think for her she needs her points to impact the game. Either way should be an exciting match up. The volume that Clark shoots and the crazy NBA 3 pointers that go in, she will get her points. I think it’s about shutting down everyone else and just getting a good contest on her, not letting them get second chance points.

Reaction Score
This is Bird (Indiana State) vs. Magic (Michigan State) title game all over again! Ratings on Saturday night will be through the roof, surpassing the 1979 classic.

Reaction Score
UConn, or anyone else for that matter, is not going to stop Caitlin from scoring. The key will be to make her work for everything she gets and limit the other four options on the court.

Reaction Score
I am amused by the fact that those who are most vocal in their anticipated dread of the role of “the media” in focusing our attention on the Paige/ Caitlin matchup are the very ones who are guilty of this so-called offense. We should all be grateful that the equity gap in WCBB is narrowing, and that once-dormant programs like that of Iowa U are now relevant...made so by the arrival of a truly extraordinary young superstar. She and Paige are both great for the game...let’s get ready to rumble!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom