Paige the GOAT season to remember | The Boneyard

Paige the GOAT season to remember

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I have always said Diana was the best of the best the greatest of all time. She did it with an inexperienced group. Paige in her freshman year is Diana in her senior year. Paige is far beyond her years. Pete Maravich comes to mind on the mens side. Paige puts on a show. Paige puts on a clinic. WCBB has never had a freshman like Paige. Paige is clutch, and not intimated by her seniors especially opponents. She is better then them all and shes just a freshman who is surrounded by an unbelievable cast of great players in the making. Fans UConn is reaching a point where only UConn can beat themselves. I dont think there is a team in WCBB that can beat UConn and after this year UConn may just be invincible.

I guess I wonder how does Geno do it? He gets a couple of good kids and makes them winners. He molds the best of the best into a team and he gets them believing and he disciplines them and doesnt take any crap. There are coaches who let the players run the team. Geno gets a total commitment from the players their parents his staff from the trainers to asst coaches and everybody in-between. This group has one weakness and thats inexperience. However if they stick to Geno's game plan they will win it all.

I read posts about fans posting about other teams and how we could loose to other teams and we could because we are inexperienced. If we play our game we aint gonna loose to no body. We are too good.

So what makes the difference. We get everybody involved. We have really great guards. We've got quickness and discipline and now we have a confidence level that is at an all time high. What I love is we have an winning attitude and a desire thats on fire. I will be shocked if we dont win the NC this season. Completely shocked.

Reaction Score
Loosen up..its just a typo..
hang loose surfs up GIF by GuiltyParty

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Tony
Your optimism (always) makes a lot of sense.
And beginning next year, I have few (almost no doubts)...
A three-year sweep for sure.
But: there been just enough inconsistency, underachievement, playing through pain
at different times in the season...
that I...along with all the top teams...8 or 10 of them...think they have a chance.
And it is yet to be determined that they don't.
That's why they play the games...

If you're right; great...and what an achievement for Geno and the kids.
And if you're not...I won't be sad for long.
We sure have a lot to look forward to next season.

Reaction Score
At UConn, NC is the measuring stick. Paige is great but her accomplishment is yet to be seen. D, Bird, Stewart, Moore won NC over and over. This is a most unusual season and exceptional opportunity for PB.

Reaction Score
Stats copied from UConn WBB website. Taurasi junior and senior seasons which resulted in 2 NC. Paige freshman season so far. Hoping that Paige leads UConn to the NC as a freshman like stupendous Stewie did.
MINFGFGAFG%3FG3FGA3%FTFTAFT%TRRPGATOBSPTSPPG
I do not expect UConn WBB to win every championship. That would be unrealistic and unfair expectation.
But I would not be disappointed if UConn won championships in any of 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025.
:p :D ;)
@Biff
Is 3 emoji in a single BY post within rule limits ?
:)
Oops. I mean 4.

Reaction Score
Stats copied from UConn WBB website. Taurasi junior and senior seasons which resulted in 2 NC. Paige freshman season so far. Hoping that Paige leads UConn to the NC as a freshman like stupendous Stewie did.
MINFGFGAFG%3FG3FGA3%FTFTAFT%TRRPGATOBSPTSPPG
I do not expect UConn WBB to win every championship. That would be unrealistic and unfair expectation.
But I would not be disappointed if UConn won championships in any of 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025.
:p :D ;)
@Biff
Is 3 emoji in a single BY post within rule limits ?
:)
Oops. I mean 4.
If unless you are a Gostronomer (Sp?) I think you get a minimum of 10 per thread.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Or dominate instead of dominant.
First off, it's TONYC! 2nd, Never let typos get in the way of enthusiasm and just go along for the energetic ride. Maybe the DT senior year comparison was bridge too far, but it's still pretty close to being more correct than incorrect.

Without a doubt, Paige has supplanted Maya as the best Freshman ever and that is unbelievable in itself as I NEVER would have believed it coming into the year.
Now, if Paige can only match Stewie... :)

Reaction Score
First off, it's TONYC! 2nd, Never let typos get in the way of enthusiasm and just go along for the energetic ride. Maybe the DT senior year comparison was bridge too far, but it's still pretty close to being more correct than incorrect.

Without a doubt, Paige has supplanted Maya as the best Freshman ever and that is unbelievable in itself as I NEVER would have believed it coming into the year.
We need a poll to decide best Uconn freshwoman ever...a poll I say...

Reaction Score

I agree but maybe he shuld practise his speling...

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
I agree but maybe he shuld practise his speling...
No only are you playing with Fire scarecrow but you’re also tempting the juju, mojo gods by mocking one of their and our favorite posters...just sayin you might want to throttle back or warn family members and friends to steer clear when You go out in public to avoid the karma collateral damage.
Or as in Rudy “No one, and I mean NO ONE, comes onto our forum and pushes TonyC around”.
Good Vibes GIF by GIPHY Cares

Reaction Score

I don't agree that Paige has supplanted Maya .... Paige has the ball in her hands so much more than Maya did because of her being the point guard so she draws more attention from the media and fans but she definitely doesn't surpass Maya .... That's not to say that Paige isn't simply awesome but then again, wasn't Maya too???? Maya had more upper classmen on her team so she deferred to an extent and she didn't have the ball on every possession but she still was an All-American as a freshman .... neither of UConn's upper class girls is what you'd call a team leader so Paige has had more opportunities to show herself and obviously she'd done wonderfully and as result she draws more attention to her abilities ..... I think if the circumstances were exactly the opposite, your view would have changed dramatically ....

Reaction Score
Paige is the best UConn freshman I ever saw play. Her basketball IQ is off the charts. Plus, she's the best pure shooter in the college game already. Then, she's clutch, if that wasnt enough.

Reaction Score
Those of you who know me know I would never disrespect anyone intentionally. I find your post a little strong.
I agree with vowel guy on this one!

Reaction Score
Paige is great but why the need to go overboard and claim she’s as good as senior year Diana? Absolutely not true and pretty disrespectful to D.
How is it “absolutely not true”? It looks to me like Paige is better or equal in every major category. Now I am not saying she’s better than a senior Dee but based on stats for their respective seasons it certainly is not “disrespectful”. I too “find your post a little strong”. Maybe instead of going straight to name calling you could explain why it’s untrue and disrespectful?

Reaction Score
How is it “absolutely not true”? It looks to me like Paige is better or equal in every major category. Now I am not saying she’s better than a senior Dee but based on stats for their respective seasons it certainly is not “disrespectful”. I too “find your post a little strong”. Maybe instead of going straight to name calling you could explain why it’s untrue and disrespectful?
Stats are not everything.

Leadership, decision making

A freshman is better than the best or second best husky of all time? Ludicrous.

Caitlin Clark has better stats than senior year Diana. Is she better than DT too?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Its like Gone With The Wind vs. Casablanca...who wins?

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
I don't agree that Paige has supplanted Maya .... Paige has the ball in her hands so much more than Maya did because of her being the point guard so she draws more attention from the media and fans but she definitely doesn't surpass Maya .... That's not to say that Paige isn't simply awesome but then again, wasn't Maya too???? Maya had more upper classmen on her team so she deferred to an extent and she didn't have the ball on every possession but she still was an All-American as a freshman .... neither of UConn's upper class girls is what you'd call a team leader so Paige has had more opportunities to show herself and obviously she'd done wonderfully and as result she draws more attention to her abilities ..... I think if the circumstances were exactly the opposite, your view would have changed dramatically ....
I stated my case. I watched Maya from Day 1 at UConn on PBS and Maya was and will always be great and deserving of one of the 4 spots of UConn’s Mt Rushmore. I absolutely and unequivocally think Paiges Freshman year trumps Maya’s for exactly all the reasons you state-she has the ball in her hands more, she shoots a higher percentage, she has to lead, she’s had significantly more media scrutiny, and has a much younger team to elevate. So while you might want to theorize that Maya could have done the same, she didn’t and Paige has. You can’t “suppose” what any player would do in another’s situation to make your claim about that said person as you just don’t know. Therefore, I again state Paige has nudged ahead of Maya as she did make the most of her opportunities. This is not a slight on Maya but simply noting how unbelievably this achievement has been by Paige.

Reaction Score
I stated my case. I watched Maya from Day 1 at UConn on PBS and Maya was and will always be great and deserving of one of the 4 spots of UConn’s Mt Rushmore. I absolutely and unequivocally think Paiges Freshman year trumps Maya’s for exactly all the reasons you state-she has the ball in her hands more, she shoots a higher percentage, she has to lead, she’s had significantly more media scrutiny, and has a much younger team to elevate. So while you might want to theorize that Maya could have done the same, she didn’t and Paige has. You can’t “suppose” what any player would do in another’s situation to make your claim about that said person as you just don’t know. Therefore, I again state Paige has nudged ahead of Maya as she did make the most of her opportunities. This is not a slight on Maya but simply noting how unbelievably this achievement has been by Paige.
I have to respect your opinion ..... don't quite agree but then again, that's what this forum is all about .... dissenting opinions and views

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom