Paige partners with US ARMY | The Boneyard

Paige partners with US ARMY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
Paige in a gasmask. Did they pop a can of gas and have her take the mask off?? :eek:

Probably not, and not needed to hang with the soldiers.

Reaction Score
Navy veterans have the same gas mask experience. We had to walk around the burner table until everyone had taken off their masks.
I didn't know the Navy did it, too. Makes sense. Thanks for the info.

For our training, we donned our gas masks and went into a little tent cabin through a door at one end. They sent us in there 8 recruits at a time. There was a fuming CS gas canister on a small table in the center and a masked drill sergeant was waiting for us. He pointed to two painted yellow lines on the concrete floor and said, "You 4 guys line up on this sn*t (mucus) line and you 4 guys line up on this p*ke (vomit) line". Then he told us to remove our gas masks and say our name, rank, and home address. It took less than a second to realize why he described the two lines on the floor the way he did. Not fun. It was maybe all of 15 seconds from removing the masks until we were ordered to exit through a door at the other end, but it seemed like a lifetime.

I learned that the gas mask REALLY works. It was the most effective demonstration of anything I've ever had in my life.

Reaction Score
Navy veterans have the same gas mask experience. We had to walk around the burner table until everyone had taken off their masks.
and there's always one id10t that refuses to take his/her mask off.

Reaction Score

For our training, we donned our gas masks and went into a little tent cabin through a door at one end. They sent us in there 8 recruits at a time. There was a fuming CS gas canister on a small table in the center and a masked drill sergeant was waiting for us. He pointed to two painted yellow lines on the concrete floor and said, "You 4 guys line up on this sn*t (mucus) line and you 4 guys line up on this p*ke (vomit) line". Then he told us to remove our gas masks and say our name, rank, and home address. It took less than a second to realize why he described the two lines on the floor the way he did. Not fun. It was maybe all of 15 seconds from removing the masks until we were ordered to exit through a door at the other end, but it seemed like a lifetime.

I learned that the gas mask REALLY works. It was the most effective demonstration of anything I've ever had in my life.
Cleaned out my sinus cavity pretty good. :D I saw mucus and drool flowing out of one of my platoon buddies like water out of a faucet. It was like I was watching a Sci Fi movie.:eek:

Reaction Score
Cleaned out my sinus cavity pretty good. :D I saw mucus and drool flowing out of one of my platoon buddies like water out of a faucet. It was like I was watching a Sci Fi movie.:eek:
Oh, yeah. So true. Thanks.

The stuff coming of me was like Niagara Falls after a huge thunderstorm had hit just up-stream. Major flow. I've read that the active ingredient in CS is refined from hot peppers. So, the other half of the effect of CS is what it does to your eyes. It was like someone squeezed the juice from a fist full of Ghost Peppers directly into my eyes. That was every bit as much "fun" as my Niagara Falls imitation.

There were a couple of other really effective demonstrations (night vision and the really unique way an officer demonstrated to us that there was no recoil from firing an M-16) during my time in basic at Ft Leonard Wood, Missouri, (or, Fort Lost in the Woods, in the state if Misery, as we knew it), but the gas mask demo was far-and-away the most memorable.

Reaction Score

My DI made us recite name, rank and serial #. Then, if you got through it without inhaling the gas, he made you do it again, a third time if necessary. Nasty stuff, CS.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Paige in a gasmask. Did they pop a can of gas and have her take the mask off?? :eek:

Probably not, and not needed to hang with the soldiers.
And recite her name rank and serial number before being allowed to leave the tear gas filled room with tears, snot and slobber running off her face. :(

Reaction Score
My DI made us recite name, rank and serial #. Then, if you got through it without inhaling the gas, he made you do it again, a third time if necessary. Nasty stuff, CS.
As soon as the gas hit my eyes, I reacted by gasping and sucking in a lung full of "fun" by reflex. That took care of any question of whether I'd inhaled.

FYI, love your crest. I was in an 8" artillery battalion in Germany.

Reaction Score
As soon as the gas hit my eyes, I reacted by gasping and sucking in a lung full of "fun" by reflex. That took care of any question of whether I'd inhaled.

FYI, love your crest. I was in an 8" artillery battalion in Germany.
Short stubbies, eh? My battery was long skinnies, 175mm.

Reaction Score

My daughter had to do it in her Air Force basic, too. That was about 15 years ago, but probably still doing it.

Reaction Score
One of the fun things I remember during Boot Camp was ship board fire fighting training. There where large tanks of water that had oil or jet fuel floating on the surface, which would be lit on fire and we had to learn how to put out the fire. But the best part was a room shaped like a compartment on board ship which was full of smoke. We had to enter the room and walk out the other side. Of course somebody always tripped the group and there we were on our hands and knees in a smoke filled room coughing our lungs out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom