Paige Named AP Pre-Season All-American | The Boneyard

Paige Named AP Pre-Season All-American

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

I couldn't find the votes. She finished either 3rd or 4th. Brink was either 4th or 3rd.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Paige was a unanimous pre-season selection in 2021, after her NPOY freshman campaign. She was not on the pre-season list as a freshman, though she ultimately won the NPOY award. She was not on the list last year, as she was injured and out for the season.

Reaction Score
I watched Angel airball a freethrow this summer. Their schedule is tougher and expecations are much higher AND the ball gotta be spread around more. I don't see Angel being a first team AA next year.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
For what it’s worth, at BE Media day today, during her interview, it was clear that Paige had a small amount of tape on her left thumb, about the size of a band aid. It certainly doesn’t look very serious and I doubt it will present much of a problem once the season rolls around.

Reaction Score
This will be Paige's comeback year. The year she was suppose to have shown everyone that she was the real deal in her freshman year. Paige is on a quest to show the competition that Uconn will be unstoppable and she wants a NC ring.I have every confidence that she will prove me right.The 23-24 team will give me all the highlights and thrills that I expect them to provide this season. ALL the players will be exceptional this year. GO HUSKIES!!!! GO UCONN!!!!

Reaction Score
If Paige is just Paige she won't have to work to prove anything! I am very excited to see her back on the floor healthy especially with all the great teammates that will be on the floor with her. For any other team to end this season raising the trophy, they will have to far exceed expectations because UConn is going to be bringing it like they did during the Stewie era. Fasten your seatbelts because we are all in for a great ride!

Reaction Score
In my opinion you have two clear AA on the list and a few that are picked but likely won't be there at the end of the year. CC and Paige are two of the best players to ever play the college game and both will do whatever they want this year. The biggest difference is Paige has three others that are also capable of being All Americans so her load won't be as much game to game.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
In my opinion you have two clear AA on the list and a few that are picked but likely won't be there at the end of the year. CC and Paige are two of the best players to ever play the college game and both will do whatever they want this year. The biggest difference is Paige has three others that are also capable of being All Americans so her load won't be as much game to game.

Despite the balloting, the players I think are most likely are Clark, Bueckers, and Brink. The other 3 are likely top 10, not necessarily top 5.

Reaction Score
Despite the balloting, the players I think are most likely are Clark, Bueckers, and Brink. The other 3 are likely top 10, not necessarily top 5.
Not so sure about Brink. Oh, I think she will be a wnba first rounder but not so sure another post wont surpass her as AA. You know I am, of course, thinking about possibly Kamilla but I am also thinking about Ayoka Lee. If Paige can come back to the top, maybe Ayoka can too. maybe another 60+ pt game?

Reaction Score
For what it’s worth, at BE Media day today, during her interview, it was clear that Paige had a small amount of tape on her left thumb, about the size of a band aid. It certainly doesn’t look very serious and I doubt it will present much of a problem once the season rolls around.
For an Old Dude you have good eyes !

Reaction Score
Not so sure about Brink. Oh, I think she will be a wnba first rounder but not so sure another post wont surpass her as AA. You know I am, of course, thinking about possibly Kamilla but I am also thinking about Ayoka Lee. If Paige can come back to the top, maybe Ayoka can too. maybe another 60+ pt game?
Don’t forget Elizabeth Kitley! I expect her to be one of the top three posts in the country.

Reaction Score
I agree with your assessment of Cardoso--she kind of stays under the radar when we talk about bigs in WBB; in fact, the entire SC team seems to have become eclipsed by the LSU phenomenon, especially in social media where style seems to always trump substance. SC has a great mixture of new and seasoned players and will be very, very formidable. They are my pick to win the SEC--I think Dawn kind of likes being overlooked...

Reaction Score
I watched Angel airball a freethrow this summer. Their schedule is tougher and expecations are much higher AND the ball gotta be spread around more. I don't see Angel being a first team AA next year.
Agreed. Based on what I saw last year from A.R. , all the NIL deals , accolades she's received and addition of Hailey Van Lith and AM to the team , I really believe she will become a pouting cry baby because she's not getting enough (or all?) of the attention. She'll cause descent on the team and negative energy ....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom