Paige Most Outstanding Player of Regional | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Paige Most Outstanding Player of Regional

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Azzi is a weapon. I dont see Geno would let her sit in bench and wait.
Not suggesting she wait. But Geno will have at least 5 proven starters returning next season. He won’t just hand Azzi the job and, as an example, sit Nika.

Azzi will get PT off the bench at first. If and when it becomes clear that she not only can score at an elite level, but also play defense and pass the ball at the level expected for a UConn WBB player, then she may earn the starting spot.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
So you have just kicked Evina and Nika out of next year's starting lineup (assuming they are both still on the roster)? You may be right, but that would be a big decision of the sort that Geno tries to avoid.
I agree in principle with what you wrote, however the post was not about who starts but how Azzi's scoring compares to Paige. You can be right about starters and Azzi may also go head to head with Paige for scoring avg. All good for our Husky's.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Next year, Geno won't be telling Paige to shoot as much as he is this season. She should still take a fair number of shots, but she will have at least one teammate who is an even better shooter.

Reaction Score
I said in a thread before the Big East Tournament, that Maya had the best freshman regular season, and Stewart had the best freshman post season.

I think Bueckers had good enough stats, the conference POY, and AA honors to match the regular season accomplishments of Moore.

She has now collected the BET MOP and the NCAA regional MVP with a huge elite eight performance. Last night reminded me a lot of Stewart against Notre Dame. She has the opportunity to match Stewart's postseason brilliance in this final four.

If they win the championship, she cements herself as the best freshman at Uconn. But I think she already has laid claim to that honor.
I would rather that the honors came later....so as not to divert attention from the primary goal. But that is likely because I never won any such honors.

Here is my thought on next step: Stanford v South Carolina will be a bit like UCONN v Baylor.

UCONN needs to play its game and stay focused against Az. And we need to be in the final!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom