Paige like Diana | The Boneyard

Paige like Diana

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Remember we have Paige who much like Diana is a coach on the floor. Being a coach on the floor takes the pressure off everybody else. It takes the doubts out of their heads and relaxes them. Paige being in charge and running the offense allows her team mates to play their game without worrying or doubting themselves. Diana did this. Paige has that quality.

Paige can take charge of the team and make everybody around her better and still score when she has to, just like Diana did. By taking charge, being the coach on the floor, running the offense Paige can take the pressure off everybody else and set her team mates up for shots relieving them of doubt and when necessary she can make a big bucket. Being the leader on the floor takes pressure off everybody else and without pressure on them they can play relaxed and that is huge especially for the freshman. Im looking for Paige's leadership to take over in this game. Her abilities are much more then scoring. Her abilities to make everybody around her is better and when you add Aaliyah into that equation well that makes UConn very difficult to handle.

Reaction Score
I'm not DT's biggest fan. She is in a basketball class of her own. She was physically tougher than Paige. DT was used game after game as a ping pong ball, and survived. I Know Paiges gets roughed up--not like DT. DT was tougher --just plain Basketball talen I'd say even. Paige is light, shorter, and less nasty than DT. Did Paige ever punch something ORANGE??

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Diana took a lot more shots than Paige.
Are you talking physical shots, 'cause:
Thru 66 games Paige has taken 874 shots

Thru 72 games DT took 692
Across her career, DT took 1621

Reaction Score
Remember we have Paige who much like Diana is a coach on the floor. Being a coach on the floor takes the pressure off everybody else. It takes the doubts out of their heads and relaxes them. Paige being in charge and running the offense allows her team mates to play their game without worrying or doubting themselves. Diana did this. Paige has that quality.

Paige can take charge of the team and make everybody around her better and still score when she has to, just like Diana did. By taking charge, being the coach on the floor, running the offense Paige can take the pressure off everybody else and set her team mates up for shots relieving them of doubt and when necessary she can make a big bucket. Being the leader on the floor takes pressure off everybody else and without pressure on them they can play relaxed and that is huge especially for the freshman. Im looking for Paige's leadership to take over in this game. Her abilities are much more then scoring. Her abilities to make everybody around her is better and when you add Aaliyah into that equation well that makes UConn very difficult to handle.
Very true! Paige is a special player that makes everyone better while still retaining the ability to take over as needed! The thing I’m concerned about is whether she is 100% healthy? I could be wrong but she just hasn’t looked right to me for several games now.

Reaction Score
If you sit near courtside, Nika is the loudest. Not all loud people are leaders, but all leaders need to be loud. Having said that, Paige commands a tremendous amount of respect from her teammates. Respect is the #1 ingredient in leadership.

Reaction Score
Today’s game can elevate Paige to the Diane preWNBA career. Taurasi was pretty banged up her senior season if I am not mistaken; back issues and missed lots of practice time. She came through when she was needed most and took her team for the championship ride. That was 20 years ago.

the women’s game has evolved and there are many more gifted athletes playing. Paige is a gifted player and is coming off of a major injury. I think she is finding her stride and trying very hard not to force anything and get the younger players going; I don’t think she is ‘injured’. I also think she knows exactly what she is doing. She can carry the team yet needs others to step up. If she can do that today and the rest of the year she will be considered the next great one. Paige is a joy to watch; hope she comes out ready to rumble

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Paige has looked stressed to me lately. What I would love to see today is her playing basketball joyfully. She is an outstanding talent, she just needs to relax and play the game.

Reaction Score
Remember, Paige is really only in her second year of college basketball playing time.... The kid who was national player of the year as a freshman then missed almost all of her sophomore year (got injured early, just a few games in, came back late) and then all of her junior year. Can't expect her to be as developed as a player (physical attributes aside) as DT was as a jr. & sr. And if she seems to
be pressing lately, trying too hard and getting frustrated, it might be at least partly because the sports media world is falling over themselves to cover C. Clark, while Paige, heralded as a "generational talent" when she came into college, has lost all that time and therefore a certain amount of presence in the sport. Not her fault, of course. Without two years of injuries, it might be her right now going for the all-time collegiate scoring record. And anyway, I'm sure she'd rather have national championships than personal/individual records. That's the UConn mindset.

Reaction Score

Geno has really hurt Paige this season. When he plays the 4 guard line up it makes Paige defend a much bigger, stronger player so her physical play isn't just on offense, she is also getting beat up on defense. Paige is a better player than DT would be against this level of competition but she is being asked to be a player she isn't built to be. When she goes pro I think you will see just how good she really is.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom