Paige is only #2 (on ESPN) | The Boneyard

Paige is only #2 (on ESPN)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
On Sports Center’s top 10, Paige’s half court buzzer beater against Marquette came in 2nd to Zion Williamson’s left handed alley oop fast break dunk.

It was a close call, but I would have had Paige 1st, because in the NBA, everyone can dunk a basketball. Of course I may be somewhat biased….:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
On Sports Center’s top 10, Paige’s half court buzzer beater against Marquette came in 2nd to Zion Williamson’s left handed alley oop fast break dunk.

It was a close call, but I would have had Paige 1st, because in the NBA, everyone can dunk a basketball. Of course I may be somewhat biased….:rolleyes:
NO!!! You sell yourself way short. You are completely fair minded, balanced, and neutral about both Paige and UCONN. Me too. I will never watch Sports Center again.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
When ESPN first started, I used to watch it all the time, and when the UConn men became good it was the ultimate compliment to be on "Big Monday". Soon they became involved with the women, but now, politics have taken over and they no longer seem like an independent sports station. They have become very bias because they basically own the SEC and ACC. Hard to watch now.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I don’t want to make this about ESPN. My thread title and OP is intended to bring attention to Paige’s incredible shot. My comment that the shot was only #2 was made with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek. ;) To be honest, Zion Williamson’s soaring catch, with his left hand and subsequent one-handed slam is one of the most spectacular dunks I’ve ever seen.

As for an ESPN bias when it comes to WBB, I think Rebecca Lobo might disagree.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I love how Paige was yelling at Ice to help her get the ball inbounds and then let Paige do her thing
Secondly, it was somewhat of a big shot. Marquette played very well in the first half and UConn was in some trouble with the refs blowing some big foul calls, but that shot still gave the Huskies a double digit cushion going into half. It had to be a blow to Marquette emotionally.

Reaction Score
I love how Paige was yelling at Ice to help her get the ball inbounds and then let Paige do her thing
Secondly, it was somewhat of a big shot. Marquette played very well in the first half and UConn was in some trouble with the refs blowing some big foul calls, but that shot still gave the Huskies a double digit cushion going into half. It had to be a blow to Marquette emotionally.
It definitely was. Megan Duffy pointed to its importance in her post game presser. It was a "deflationary" shot to Marquette after they had just made a big 3. The amazing thing about it was that Paige shot it like it was a regular 3 in the sense that she was very focused on what she was going to do. It wasn't a heave. It was just a little longer 3 than usual.

Reaction Score
Megan Duffy, HC of Marquette, said exactly the same thing (about Paige's buzzer beater ).

Reaction Score

LOL, I thought Zion is a female basketball player ....;)

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Paige wasn't happy with her first miss from the logo...so, she was looking to redeem herself and took a mulligan.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom