Paige interviewed on NBA Today | The Boneyard

Paige interviewed on NBA Today

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Pretty perfunctory interview although Coach P planning to call plays

Paige is going to be "heavily" involved with the team (and its success) this season in many ways. The players trust her and know she knows the game. When she speaks to them, they'll listen. :cool:

Carnac

Reaction Score
Paige's NBA Picks for NBA

ROY
MVP
NC

Chiney with a little Stanford UConn rivalry.

Are you referring to the young lady doing the interview as Chiney? I'm confused. I didn't see or hear Chiney referenced in this piece.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Are you referring to the young lady doing the interview as Chiney? I didn't see or hear Chiney referenced in this piece.
No. In the last 10 seconds or so of the second clip where Paige makes her picks, Chiney hugs Paige and says us ballers have to stick together even though you are from UConn

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I do seem to recall on one of the old Geno Auriemma shows that the way he interacts with coaches on the sidelines is that it is the Assistant coaches jobs to keep firing suggestions but he is free to ignore anything and everything.

Conversely, Geno can clearly go off on verbal salvos when the team does not look right.

In either case, Paige may throw a ball at him .:rolleyes:

I really do not see her being a coach on the bench but I do think it is likely that she can be working with the coaches on game planning and really contribute in coaching the practice drills

Carnac

Reaction Score
No. In the last 10 seconds or so of the second clip where Paige makes her picks, Chiney hugs Paige and says us ballers have to stick together even though you are from UConn
OK, Chiney was not in the first piece you posted. I have not seen the 2nd one yet. Thanks for posting these. :)

Reaction Score
I cannnnnnnooottttt stand Chiney. I don't care what anyone says, that's throwing gas on a flame and it's just cause for more attacks on social media. This is not the first time she's taken a swipe at UCONN like that. Like, how unprofessional and childish. Paige is a kid and she's an adult employed by ESPN.

I wish Paige would've said to her, "since when are you a baller? You've made a mockery out being a pro athlete and the only reason you're in the league is because your sister is head of the WNBPA."

Could you imagine if Lobo would've said what Chiney said to a Tennessee player? Twitter and social media would've gone crazy.

Reaction Score
I cannnnnnnooottttt stand Chiney. I don't care what anyone says, that's throwing gas on a flame and it's just cause for more attacks on social media. This is not the first time she's taken a swipe at UCONN like that. Like, how unprofessional and childish. Paige is a kid and she's an adult employed by ESPN.

I wish Paige would've said to her, "since when are you a baller? You've made a mockery out being a pro athlete and the only reason you're in the league is because your sister is head of the WNBPA."

Could you imagine if Lobo would've said what Chiney said to a Tennessee player? Twitter and social media would've gone crazy.
The kind of opinion best kept to yourself.

Reaction Score

Relax. It ain’t that serious. All in fun.

Reaction Score
Relax. It ain’t that serious. All in fun.
No, it's not. And please don't tell me to relax. You can just skip over my posts if you'd like. Thanks.

Reaction Score
The kind of opinion best kept to yourself.
Why? It's both true and how I feel!

And btw, you can skip over my posts as easily as writing and telling me how I should handle my opinion. Thanks.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Why? It's both true and how I feel!

And btw, you can skip over my posts as easily as writing and telling me how I should handle my opinion. Thanks.
LOL, first thing, I do think you are overreacting to her dig, but although she was just kidding, I know she hates UConn, and as you said, you are entitled to your opinion.
Second, you are 100% right about her WNBA career. I am a big fan of the Conn Sun, and she basically screwed them. I believe if my memory is correct, she was there for 4 years and was injured 2 of them and didn't play. Then, she told them she would not play unless they traded her to the Sparks so she could advance her broadcasting career at ESPN in LA. So, as I said, she screwed the Sun after they used the overall #1 pick on her. For that, I share your opinion of her.

Reaction Score
LOL, first thing, I do think you are overreacting to her dig, but although she was just kidding, I know she hates UConn, and as you said, you are entitled to your opinion.
Second, you are 100% right about her WNBA career. I am a big fan of the Conn Sun, and she basically screwed them. I believe if my memory is correct, she was there for 4 years and was injured 2 of them and didn't play. Then, she told them she would not play unless they traded her to the Sparks so she could advance her broadcasting career at ESPN in LA. So, as I said, she screwed the Sun after they used the overall #1 pick on her. For that, I share your opinion of her.

So do yall feel the same way about Tina Charles, EDD, Fowles, ect.....

Reaction Score
Come ON! If you are a supporter of the most dominant program in the history of the game you expect digs and plenty of them.
The more dominant the more digs. Show some class and just smile. Whining is not a good look.
I’m not offended by the “even though it’s UConn” remark but she (Chiney) does seem to be inordinately anxious to be a part of an interview that she was in no way a part of. I don’t think she liked it when the main host made her remark “make Chiney sit this one out”. However, I certainly would not characterize ucbart’s remarks as “whining” or a lack of “class”!
As I said, I don’t worry that much about Chiney’s opinions but I do think not pointing out minor “anti” remarks because you are the “bigger” person somehow, is a mistake and simply leads to more of the same. I’m a big proponent of “turn the other cheek” when it comes to physical situations but anytime people (especially those with a clear bias and a position that demands impartiality) start making digs, unfair comments that show that bias, or outright attacks, then they should be responded to rather than meekly “taking the high road”. Ugh!
Again, what I heard doesn’t rise to a level that would disturb me but I would simply say that one of the main reasons I have great admiration for Geno is because he stood/stands up and snapped back when he heard negative comments about UConn! Whether from opposing coaches (McGraw, Summit) commentators (O’Shaughnessy) or even vitriolic fans (Duke, Tennessee) he knew/knows that simply rolling over and showing your belly won’t ever lead you to a good place.
I like it that he simply ignores (or even specifically sneers at them) the appeasement brigade as idealistic “squishes” who will always get taken advantage of in the end. Dawn Staley understands this as well and while I don’t care for for some of her decisions and remarks, I greatly admire her readiness to swipe back at attacks and unfair or denigrating comments towards her players, her program, or herself.

Reaction Score
How do y’all know Chiney hates UConn?? Has she said it somewhere?

Reaction Score
I’m not offended by the “even though it’s UConn” remark but she (Chiney) does seem to be inordinately anxious to be a part of an interview that she was in no way a part of. I don’t think she liked it when the main host made her remark “make Chiney sit this one out”. However, I certainly would not characterize ucbart’s remarks as “whining” or a lack of “class”!
As I said, I don’t worry that much about Chiney’s opinions but I do think not pointing out minor “anti” remarks because you are the “bigger” person somehow, is a mistake and simply leads to more of the same. I’m a big proponent of “turn the other cheek” when it comes to physical situations but anytime people (especially those with a clear bias and a position that demands impartiality) start making digs, unfair comments that show that bias, or outright attacks, then they should be responded to rather than meekly “taking the high road”. Ugh!
Again, what I heard doesn’t rise to a level that would disturb me but I would simply say that one of the main reasons I have great admiration for Geno is because he stood/stands up and snapped back when he heard negative comments about UConn! Whether from opposing coaches (McGraw, Summit) commentators (O’Shaughnessy) or even vitriolic fans (Duke, Tennessee) he knew/knows that simply rolling over and showing your belly won’t ever lead you to a good place.
I like it that he simply ignores (or even specifically sneers at them) the appeasement brigade as idealistic “squishes” who will always get taken advantage of in the end. Dawn Staley understands this as well and while I don’t care for for some of her decisions and remarks, I greatly admire her readiness to swipe back at attacks and unfair or denigrating comments towards her players, her program, or herself.
Taking umbrage of minor remarks said in humor with a nudge and a smile is IMHO whining.

Thank you for your voluminous effort to educate us in proper fan protocol.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
OM GOSH When Paige gets back healthy can you imagine how good UConn will be? I could go on and on about this. The team has learned to play without Paige. Paige Azzi Caroline and the bigs? This is why imo it is so important to get Amari going this season. Dorka graduates this season. KK and Ashlynn and Q come in next season It is imperative we have a 6'5 post player to dish and pass and be able to knock down a 15 footer. It just may be the start of more undefeated seasons.

Reaction Score
It’s going to have to be Amari. Ice will take that over eventually.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom