Paige Bueckers year 2 | The Boneyard

Paige Bueckers year 2

Reaction Score
Just what can we expect to see from Paige, AE, Nika, Mir, Piath this season.
If they will all be a year better and a year wiser than this time last year....
Hope Geno negotiated an addendum to Paige's union contract that will require her to put up an extra 2 shots per quarter.

Reaction Score
Based on what I’ve seen so far, I’m very concerned about a Sophomore Slump.

Reaction Score
Based on what I’ve seen so far, I’m very concerned about a Sophomore Slump.
to me the concern will be off the court more than on the court. Nil is hurting so many cfb athletes because they have to live up to the status, Just ask Mr Rattler from Oklahoma

Reaction Score
"They still fell short." So the real questions here are why and how will they succeed this year when they fell short last? One answer offered on this video is that Paige gets even better (ie, scores more) to push them over the top. That's possible but may not be necessary. They were outscored twice last season. Why is that less likely to happen this season? Two words: Dorka & Azzi. The team is better in both the forecourt and on the outside. More talent + more consistency=improved squad.
I expect less pressure this season for Paige to do it all. If the other players can catch Buecker's passes and convert most of them, that alone will help.
Number 12 coming up.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
to me the concern will be off the court more than on the court. Nil is hurting so many cfb athletes because they have to live up to the status, Just ask Mr Rattler from Oklahoma
Once again we hear the false narrative that NIL is hurting college athletes because they are not performing up to expectations. Unless college players start skipping practices to meet with their agents, I don’t buy that NIL deals have any impact on an an athlete’s performance.

Reaction Score
Once again we hear the false narrative that NIL is hurting college athletes because they are not performing up to expectations. Unless college players start skipping practices to meet with their agents, I don’t buy that NIL deals have any impact on an an athlete’s performance.
False narratives seem to be the way of the world. There is a large group of people who are easily persuaded.

Reaction Score
False narratives seem to be the way of the world. There is a large group of people who are easily persuaded.
They're easily persuaded because they have a very narrow view of the world and are readily taken advantage of by anyone looking for a useful fool.

Reaction Score
They're easily persuaded because they have a very narrow view of the world and are readily taken advantage of by anyone looking for a useful fool.
like saying someone looks like a nerd if they wear glasses

Reaction Score
While there are more weapons on offense that will be reassuring to fans (that they can outscore anybody), the story that makes this team even better is their preparedness on defense: Liv and Christyn should be better but especially the latter, Evina will be fully healthy and will be more familiar with the defensive schemes and the now sophomore trio who had starts last year of Paige, Nika and Aaliyah will indeed be better at it. As well, the incoming freshmen will have a complete preseason training under them - unlike last year's class. This year's team defense will make their predecessors proud.

Reaction Score
I think our lupine friend is having us on here. So far there has been nothing to see, and no cause for any concern.
We know. If someone is going to consistently drop something into the punchbowl to get attention, we can at least be neighborly and offer them a glass of punch at every opportunity.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

We all expect Paige to make a sophomore leap. How big a leap no one knows. It’s hard to imagine she can improve on a almost perfect season, but she will. THAT has to be of grave concern to opposing coaches.

We won’t mention that this year she’ll have her “BFF” as her wingman. One of the most accurate and consistent 3 pt. shooters to come out of high school in some time. I’m predicting that Azzi will serve notice sometime in their first 10 games that she needs to be taken very seriously, or suffer the consequences. Azzi should find her “sea legs” in the first few games. Once she does, it will be “Polly put the kettle on.” Anyone remember the movie that line is from?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
We all expect Paige to make a sophomore leap. How big a leap no one knows. It’s hard to imagine she can improve on a almost perfect season, but she will. THAT has to be of grave concern to opposing coaches.

We won’t mention that this year she’ll have her “BFF” as her wingman. One of the most accurate and consistent 3 pt. shooters to come out of high school in some time. I’m predicting that Azzi will serve notice sometime in their first 10 games that she needs to be taken very seriously, or suffer the consequences. Azzi should find her “sea legs” in the first few games. Once she does, it will be “Polly put the kettle on.” Anyone remember the movie that line is from?
Don’t know the movie, but “Polly put the kettle on” is an old nursery rhyme as well as a folk song.

Reaction Score
I’m thinking that the player that will make the biggest leap forward will be Aaliyah.
Incredible progress over the course of last year.
Exposure to international ball in the offseason and bangin’ everyday in practice with Liv, Dorka and Piath will accelerate her development.
Anxious to see her blossom.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Hopefully PB is injury free and commits more to the defensive end of the floor. Her offense speaks for itself.
Her 'commitment' which to me means 'effort' is fine on the defensive end. Regarding her actual defensive ability she is an excellent off ball defender disrupting the passing lanes and keeping hands up and is an ever improving on ball defender who stays vertical and is in good position most of the time and communicates very well.

Reaction Score
Her 'commitment' which to me means 'effort' is fine on the defensive end. Regarding her actual defensive ability she is an excellent off ball defender disrupting the passing lanes and keeping hands up and is an ever improving on ball defender who stays vertical and is in good position most of the time and communicates very well.
Reminds me of another guard at UConn with similar on-ball defense relative weakness but great off-ball.....many consider her the GOAT of WBB. Am hoping she wins four more games this season to seal the deal for her 4th WNBA ring.

Reaction Score
Hopefully PB is injury free and commits more to the defensive end of the floor. Her offense speaks for itself.

While I expect to see her defense improve it must be remembered that she led the country in "defensive win shares" last season. It's only a stat but nobody did better.

I expect UConn's defense this season to be outstanding.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom