Paige Bueckers UConn Season Opener Highlights!! | The Boneyard

Paige Bueckers UConn Season Opener Highlights!!

Reaction Score
Paige is very fun to watch!
A while back I heard her high-school coach talk about Paige who was on the varsity when she was in the 8th grade. In one game he talked about her having made about (8) 3s in a row and won the game for Hopkins.
I found a game on youtube between Hopkins and Elk River on Dec. 5, 2015 that was titled Paige Bueckers break-out eighth-grade game. I watched her make (6) 3s in that game then had to leave without seeing the rest, so I don't know if this is that game he was talking about, but it has to be close.

Reaction Score
A while back I heard her high-school coach talk about Paige who was on the varsity when she was in the 8th grade. In one game he talked about her having made about (8) 3s in a row and won the game for Hopkins.
I found a game on youtube between Hopkins and Elk River on Dec. 5, 2015 that was titled Paige Bueckers break-out eighth-grade game. I watched her make (6) 3s in that game then had to leave without seeing the rest, so I don't know if this is that game he was talking about, but it has to be close.

Thanks for posting that.

A few things I noticed:

1. It's easy to see why her coach called her 'Olive Oyl'.
2. She had no fear of taking the deep three, and her form was pretty good. A couple were simply spectacular.
3. Her conditioning was not that great and she would hold the stitch in her sides, but after all she was just an 8th grader.
4. She got bopped in the nose shortly after she came in during the second half, and it bothered her for a while.
5. She sometimes was very feisty, and would give as good as she got. She had a short fuse a couple of times too.
6. The headband she was wearing was a problem the entire game. It was pretty funny.

Reaction Score
Thanks for posting that.

A few things I noticed:

1. It's easy to see why her coach called her 'Olive Oyl'.
2. She had no fear of taking the deep three, and her form was pretty good. A couple were simply spectacular.
3. Her conditioning was not that great and she would hold the stitch in her sides, but after all she was just an 8th grader.
4. She got bopped in the nose shortly after she came in during the second half, and it bothered her for a while.
5. She sometimes was very feisty, and would give as good as she got. She had a short fuse a couple of times too.
6. The headband she was wearing was a problem the entire game. It was pretty funny.
Olive Oyl---that's how her coach described her then---I think he might have something there!
For an 8th grader to be the one who is looked for on a throw in, and to direct traffic at a fairly-big-HS varsity level is practically unheard of. Considering that Hopkins HS is a grade 10-12 school, she must have been drafted from a mid or jr. high school.
How well she has adapted to all the media attention at UCONN has likely been greatly helped by the same kind of focus at Hopkins.

Reaction Score
Olive Oyl---that's how her coach described her then---I think he might have something there!
For an 8th grader to be the one who is looked for on a throw in, and to direct traffic at a fairly-big-HS varsity level is practically unheard of. Considering that Hopkins HS is a grade 10-12 school, she must have been drafted from a mid or jr. high school.
How well she has adapted to all the media attention at UCONN has likely been greatly helped by the same kind of focus at Hopkins.
I watched a video about Paige and read an article that both talked about the attention that she got in high school. In the video (I think it was part of the 'Slam' series), she walks out of the gym and there are at least 100 people waiting outside for her autograph/photograph. Random kids at the mall would recognize her with "Hey, aren't you Paige Bueckers?" A coach for another team many miles away would have to hang around for an hour or so in order for all the local folks/kids to get an autograph. Not only that, but parents would drive one to three hours to a game just so their kids could watch her play.

Boggles the mind, and she never left until every last person was gone.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom