Paige Bueckers Finishes With 23PTS, 4REB, and 5AST | UCONN VS Providence | The Boneyard

Paige Bueckers Finishes With 23PTS, 4REB, and 5AST | UCONN VS Providence

Reaction Score
Paige is a miracle; the perfect baller just like Stewie. Now she's jacked her scoring total to 20+, as Coach apparently wants her to do. Fortunately, if Buckets never scored (as C. Williams failed to do), the team would still have won easily. If we were paying for tickets, we'd pay just to see Paige aside from everything else going on.
But this is just prophylactic. We don't need her scoring at the moment. If she were not at UConn this year. we'd still be undefeated. Geno's speculation is that someday (when?) the team will need Paige to score a bunch. That's why I say "prophylactic." Will that day come this year? Maybe this season if we get to play SC, or maybe not until the tourney.
Or maybe we'll never need Buckets to score very much. If an opponent doubles down on her, someone else will be open--and Paige will find her. Win/win.

Reaction Score
Paige is indeed a truly amazing baller. The thing i actually love the most (I love everything about her) about her is her ability to anticipate passes which is why she's got all those steals and many times is very close to get a steal.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
PB could easily average close to 30 points per game if Geno allowed her to but that's not the UConn way...........based on watching her for a few years now, I agree with Paige when she says she has yet to have a real Paige Bueckers type game..................I think it's coming soon.........:)

Reaction Score
Paige is a miracle; the perfect baller just like Stewie. Now she's jacked her scoring total to 20+, as Coach apparently wants her to do. Fortunately, if Buckets never scored (as C. Williams failed to do), the team would still have won easily. If we were paying for tickets, we'd pay just to see Paige aside from everything else going on.
But this is just prophylactic. We don't need her scoring at the moment. If she were not at UConn this year. we'd still be undefeated. Geno's speculation is that someday (when?) the team will need Paige to score a bunch. That's why I say "prophylactic." Will that day come this year? Maybe this season if we get to play SC, or maybe not until the tourney.
Or maybe we'll never need Buckets to score very much. If an opponent doubles down on her, someone else will be open--and Paige will find her. Win/win.

"Maybe" we'd still be undefeated, but we would not be going to the Final Four.

Reaction Score
PB could easily average close to 30 points per game if Geno allowed her to but that's not the UConn way...........based on watching her for a few years now, I agree with Paige when she says she has yet to have a real Paige Bueckers type game..................I think it's coming soon.........:)
I don’t think Geno is stopping her from averaging 30, he wants her to shoot more. I think it more stems from Geno not liking players to take bad shots, which he said Paige rarely does. Might just be a different way of saying the same thing, but Geno has never cared about numbers, he cares about playing the right way.

Reaction Score
Choose any one player from Women’s college game you would want on your team and I would choose Paige. By end of season she has the chance to be considered the best player, even if she is not given any of the player of the year awards. She is dynamite and truly generational

Reaction Score
Having had the blessing to watch Paige play basketball since middle school, all I gotta say is, this young lady plays basketball the right way. She loves the game. She is unselfish. She plays both ends of the floor. She is coachable. She always wants to improve. Those are qualities in a player that you love to have. Oh crap...I forgot one other thing, she doesn't take herself too seriously either. She laughs at her mistakes. She understands that she is going to have moments where things are not going her way. She just moves right along. She does not let stuff get under her skin. We are blessed to have her wearing the UConn uniform. Great talent and even better person and teammate.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I believe that Kara stated in the Post Game show that Paige said that she hasn't had a great game yet. They asked what a great game would be, and she stated that you would know it when you see it, or something like that. So here in Paige's honor, she should have just said this:

Reaction Score
I don’t think Geno is stopping her from averaging 30, he wants her to shoot more. I think it more stems from Geno not liking players to take bad shots, which he said Paige rarely does. Might just be a different way of saying the same thing, but Geno has never cared about numbers, he cares about playing the right way.

true.......,..I meant to say he wants his players to take the best shot available and not just the first shot available............PB can pretty much get her own shot whenever she wants to so it's a fine line........

Reaction Score
Never thought we would be talking about prophylactics on the boneyard. Oh never mind.

Reaction Score
Reminds me of Maya's freshman year. Same calm, placid confidence. Same unrushed style of upperclassman play. Same unmatched success as a freshman starter.

Yes her play also reminds me of Maya's freshman season too. Paige would have had a great shot at destroying Maya's freshman scoring mark... Except this will most likely be a very shortened season... (ie: we are lucky if we get 20 games in vs. a 40 game season like we normally play)

But the bottom line is that this kid can play big time... I can only imagine how good Azzi is.. I hear she is even better if that is even possible.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
But the bottom line is that this kid can play big time... I can only imagine how good Azzi is.. I hear she is even better if that is even possible.

I think trying to figure out who is 'better' between Azzi and Paige is completely subjective. Both are the best in their own way. As Paige said, you can find better shooters (Azzi only seems reasonable) or defenders but no one is a better passer. Hell, just pencil 10 assists from Paige to Azzi per game. ;)

And they will compete amongst themselves to be the best at each skill set

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom