Paige and Azzi | The Boneyard

Paige and Azzi

Reaction Score
Yeah, but they don't and can't do this in a game. Paige is more consistent and fearless than Azzi. I'd like to see Azzi
make 1/3 d of her open shots. Also, I'd like to see Azzi make a move and take some defender to the hole. Paige, IMO is in a whole other category. She is willing to confront a defender, make a move and make a shot. She deserves national POY. Just my opinion. Azzi, not so much.

Reaction Score
Video doesn't lie!
With Aaliyah,Caroline,Aubrey and Nika, if Paige and Azzi shoot like that in a game, we should win by 50 points. And the bench has potential that is unlimited in my opinion. Paige and Azzi and Aaliyah 3 All- Americans. This is our year to achieve every goal Uconn sets it's mind on and Geno coach of the year,going undefeated for the 7th time,a record. GO_GO_GO HUSKIES!!!!!

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
Yeah, but they don't and can't do this in a game. Paige is more consistent and fearless than Azzi. I'd like to see Azzi
make 1/3 d of her open shots. Also, I'd like to see Azzi make a move and take some defender to the hole. Paige, IMO is in a whole other category. She is willing to confront a defender, make a move and make a shot. She deserves national POY. Just my opinion. Azzi, not so much.
WOW...Who stepped on ur kitten!

Reaction Score
THIS is why we need a simple "i dont agree" emoji instead of a MAD emoji. I dont agree with the above but I'm not angry. Everybody is entitled to their opinion it just so happens the one above is WRONG!!!! lol

Reaction Score
They don't spend much time on campus do they? Every day it seems like they are somewhere else unless these are all just posts from the summer.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
They don't spend much time on campus do they? Every day it seems like they are somewhere else unless these are all just posts from the summer.
Can't practice formally until October, just looking for training from other elite coaches and trainers. Trying to get the edge on everybody else. They love basketball, and who are we to not be happy about that.

Reaction Score
Paige and Azzi are a classic example of the difference between practice and game (pressure) performance. When you watch them practice they both are amazing shooters, but somhow Azzi’s shots seem cleaner, barely rippling the net. However, from what I see, I wouldn’t say Azzi makes more, though it’s possible she does. In a game however, imo there’s really no contest. If the game is on the line I want the ball in Paige’s hand for that last shot! It’s possible Azzi will develop that ability/confidence but Paige seems to have been born with it.
Pat Reilly once said that if he needed a game winning shot, he would choose Michael Jordan but if he needed a shot to save his life, he would choose Bird. Some people just seem to be able to rise to the occasion and are able to perform their best when it counts the most. Diana was about as good as I’ve ever seen at that and I think Paige is as well!
Having said that, watching Azzi shoot in practice is absolutely hypnotic! It’s as if there is a tiny little leprechaun sitting on the backboard who catches the ball on the way down and then drops it straight down through the hoop so that the net barely moves. With Azzi, if you painted the hoop right before practice, the ball might not ever get any paint on it. If she ever gets into a zone like that in a game, she could score 50 easily, though I doubt Geno would actually let that happen. We are in for a treat this season!

Reaction Score
All I know is first 6 games of last season Azzi was giving it to everyone. On a nationally televised game against Caitlin Clark she was her equal. I'm really just concerned about both players health. If healthy, I agree with the caption of the Instagram post though technically Paige probably won't play a guard position with Nika and KK playing point.

Reaction Score
Paige and Azzi are a classic example of the difference between practice and game (pressure) performance. When you watch them practice they both are amazing shooters, but somhow Azzi’s shots seem cleaner, barely rippling the net. However, from what I see, I wouldn’t say Azzi makes more, though it’s possible she does. In a game however, imo there’s really no contest. If the game is on the line I want the ball in Paige’s hand for that last shot! It’s possible Azzi will develop that ability/confidence but Paige seems to have been born with it.
Pat Reilly once said that if he needed a game winning shot, he would choose Michael Jordan but if he needed a shot to save his life, he would choose Bird. Some people just seem to be able to rise to the occasion and are able to perform their best when it counts the most. Diana was about as good as I’ve ever seen at that and I think Paige is as well!
Having said that, watching Azzi shoot in practice is absolutely hypnotic! It’s as if there is a tiny little leprechaun sitting on the backboard who catches the ball on the way down and then drops it straight down through the hoop so that the net barely moves. With Azzi, if you painted the hoop right before practice, the ball might not ever get any paint on it. If she ever gets into a zone like that in a game, she could score 50 easily, though I doubt Geno would actually let that happen. We are in for a treat this season!
Yeah if I'm down 72-70 with 10 seconds left, I'm giving the ball to Paige. Like giving the ball to Diana in that situation it's a no-brainer.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
If anyone of you remembers, Azzi looked as good as any player in the country in the games before she got hurt last season. She looked every bit as good as Paige and if she plays like that this season, UConn could have at least two players to go to with the clock running down. Azzi and Paige. Paige and Azzi. This may be the best two guard tandem in the country.

Reaction Score
There is a great video (19 minutes on YouTube) of Azzi at one of Steph Curry's mini camps. Sad part, the video does not show a lot of Azzi's workouts but the clips that show her, she is doing many of the shooting & handling drills that Curry and his brother are doing, plus a host of other NBA young players. All I know is, Azzi's cardio should be top shelf. But Azzi is a sniper! I can't wait until the season starts!

Reaction Score
With Aaliyah,Caroline,Aubrey and Nika, if Paige and Azzi shoot like that in a game, we should win by 50 points. And the bench has potential that is unlimited in my opinion. Paige and Azzi and Aaliyah 3 All- Americans. This is our year to achieve every goal Uconn sets it's mind on and Geno coach of the year,going undefeated for the 7th time,a record. GO_GO_GO HUSKIES!!!!!
If a team were to go zone defense on us, we some snipers out there. And if our handles are tight, which they should be, that dribble drive option is available as well. We have so many possibilities.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom