Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
No surprises here.

1570490013609.png

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Ooh, Washington all the way up to #9. That may be a case of other teams being really bad, but hopefully UW will show some improvement this season.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Strange, the ACC had its Media day last week, but didnt release any preseason polls/All-ACC teams

Reaction Score
For the Big 10 they released the men but not the women. Women are always treated as second class citizens in the media.

Reaction Score
No ballot had Stanford ahead of UO.
No ballot had OSU or UCLA ahead of Stanford.
No ballot had any of the other eight ahead of UCLA or OSU.
I'm not sure we even need to play the games. Can we just seed these four into the Sweet 16 and start the season there?

Reaction Score
Strange, the ACC had its Media day last week, but didnt release any preseason polls/All-ACC teams
The ACC will have another day to reveal on the ACC Network like they have been doing everything else so far.

Reaction Score
If Stanford has one first place vote, one ballot had Stanford above Oregon i in order for Stanford to get a first place vote. That being said, it was Oregon's coach since they couldn't vote for themself.

Reaction Score
If Stanford has one first place vote, one ballot had Stanford above Oregon i in order for Stanford to get a first place vote. That being said, it was Oregon's coach since they couldn't vote for themself.
Oregon’s coach’s ballot doesn’t have Oregon on it, so there wasn’t a ballot with Stanford above Oregon.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
I was checking out the schedules for the Pac 12. Oregon and Oregon State play each other twice in three days -- surrounding my birthday, January 25th. (Oregon State travels to Oregon on January 24th...and hosts Oregon on the 26th).

That's just strange.

I don't know why the conferences do that.

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
I was checking out the schedules for the Pac 12. Oregon and Oregon State play each other twice in three days -- surrounding my birthday, January 25th. (Oregon State travels to Oregon on January 24th...and hosts Oregon on the 26th).

That's just strange.

It compresses the conference schedule by a week. Pac-12 WBB started doing that so that WBB's conference tournament could be a week before MBB's.

Reaction Score
It compresses the conference schedule by a week. Pac-12 WBB started doing that so that WBB's conference tournament could be a week before MBB's.
The Pac teams geographically come in pairs so in both MBB and WBB teams tend to go on the road for two games vs a pair and then host two games vs a pair. When you play your geographic mate you can either do home and home the same week like the women, or use byes, which the Pac12 men seem to do.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
That will be a brutal stretch for Oregon State. Prior to the two Oregon games, they play Stanford.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score

I think most of the Pac 12 schools split up their rivalry games so they aren't back to back. The coaches of the Oregon schools must be satisfied with this arrangement.

Reaction Score
I think most of the Pac 12 schools split up their rivalry games so they aren't back to back. The coaches of the Oregon schools must be satisfied with this arrangement.

Actually, both Oregon coaches have expressed their displeasure about the back-to-back insanity.

After the initial schedule is produced, in some years, some pairs have been able to modify the schedule by putting one of the rivalry games in December. OSU/UO have never been able to do that due to other commitments.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom