Our secret weapon this year? | The Boneyard

Our secret weapon this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
STORRS, Conn. (AP) — A food truck at the University of Connecticut is serving up roasted crickets.

The Daily Campus reports (http://Post original url/1KQXRh2 ) the university's dining services are advertising the insects as organic, not genetically modified and earth friendly.

The crickets are high in protein and low in fat. They're a source of B vitamins, iron and zinc.

UConn says the farm that supplies the crickets uses carbon dioxide to kill them and then roasts them.

The crickets are sold for 99 cents and come whole in small plastic containers. They're sold as a snack or a taco topping.

Dining services area assistant manager John Smith says they sell two or three containers of crickets per day at the truck.

How many crickets would it take for AB to put on extra 20 lbs.

Reaction Score
Maybe..when eating fish do you call it fish meat? Or just fish? Likewise, do you say cricket meat?...maybe.

It's sorta like the Texans who refer to Soda as Coke. In Texas you order a Pepsi Coke or a Sprite Coke or whatever Coke...its redundant.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
STORRS, Conn. (AP) — A food truck at the University of Connecticut is serving up roasted crickets.

The Daily Campus reports (http://Post original url/1KQXRh2 ) the university's dining services are advertising the insects as organic, not genetically modified and earth friendly.

The crickets are high in protein and low in fat. They're a source of B vitamins, iron and zinc.

UConn says the farm that supplies the crickets uses carbon dioxide to kill them and then roasts them.

The crickets are sold for 99 cents and come whole in small plastic containers. They're sold as a snack or a taco topping.

Dining services area assistant manager John Smith says they sell two or three containers of crickets per day at the truck.

How many crickets would it take for AB to put on extra 20 lbs.

Tastes like chicken.

Aside: Our secret weapon, as always, is The Dove.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Maybe..when eating fish do you call it fish meat? Or just fish? Likewise, do you say cricket meat?...maybe.

It's sorta like the Texans who refer to Soda as Coke. In Texas you order a Pepsi Coke or a Sprite Coke or whatever Coke...its redundant.

Rural Georgia and Aabama. "I'll have a RCkokola."

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Tastes like chicken.

Every time somone's trying to get me to eat something non-traditional (rattlesnake, squirrel, possum, 'gator, etc.) and they say "It tastes just like chicken," I say, "Fine, I'll order the chicken then. Tastes the same anyway, and it's probably cheaper."

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Every time somone's trying to get me to eat something non-traditional (rattlesnake, squirrel, possum, 'gator, etc.) and they say "It tastes just like chicken," I say, "Fine, I'll order the chicken then. Tastes the same anyway, and it's probably cheaper."

Note, I've never tried cricket. But all the other weird foods apparently tastes like chicken, so...

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm with you. I want the super fortified version pumped with steroids, carcinogens, antibiotics and antibiotic resistant bacteria. None of this imitation substandard stuff.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Note, I've never tried cricket. But all the other weird foods apparently tastes like chicken, so...
They don't really have a taste - just crunchy. I've tried chocolate-covered and Mexican-spiced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom