Our family podcast- UConn collection- Sliders & Curveballs | The Boneyard

Our family podcast- UConn collection- Sliders & Curveballs

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Our library is growing. Guess who’s next?

Mike & Joseph (10)

Coach Calhoun himself-

Joe D and calling 4 titles- Joe D. Meets Joe D. by Sliders & Curveballs

Dom Amore looks back- That’s Amore by Sliders & Curveballs

Fanta is Fantastic- Marching Towards Madness by Sliders & Curveballs

Jared Kotler & Gameday Conor- Superfan Roundtable by Sliders & Curveballs

David Benedict talks Nil & hiring- Top Dog by Sliders & Curveballs

The Husky Ticket Project- If You Build It by Sliders & Curveballs

Kevin Freeman on 1999- Party Like It’s 1999 by Sliders & Curveballs

C3270D4F-AE0F-4FEA-9B5E-8C22798C9D06.jpeg

Reaction Score
That was another great interview by you guys. The right questions let’s the interviewee answer in depth and that what Coach Calhoun did.

I enjoyed his thinking and thought process on recruiting, especially his pitch to Donyell and also that he would be the only staff member going into the homes of inner city recruits because he would have the final say on who gets the scholarship and who plays.

GemParty

Reaction Score
Thank you so much. We just celebrated our 50th podcast as a Father/Son team. It’s been a wonderful hobby. Explore our library! Let us know your favorites.

GemParty

Reaction Score
That was another great interview by you guys. The right questions let’s the interviewee answer in depth and that what Coach Calhoun did.

I enjoyed his thinking and thought process on recruiting, especially his pitch to Donyell and also that he would be the only staff member going into the homes of inner city recruits because he would have the final say on who gets the scholarship and who plays.
Have you heard Freeman yet?

Reaction Score
I had not, but I just finished listening to it.
More great questions that let KFree elaborate on many things and what it was like playing for Coach Calhoun and how much he admired him. Kevin was always one of my favorite players and this interview makes me like him even more

The segment where KF was talking about Rip and his game winning put back against Washington gave me a flashback to where I was for that game. I happened to be in West Lafayette,IN on the Purdue campus for that day/night so I watched the game at a sports bar ( maybe a Champs ). Of course I was the only UConn guy there and everyone in that place heard me after Rips shot.

And being in St. Petersburg that weekend brought back even better memories.
I definitely partied like it was 1999 that weekend…..

Keep up the good work Mike and Joseph !

GemParty

Reaction Score
Loved Freeman’s stories about the overseas fans.

GemParty

Reaction Score
Our library is growing. Guess who’s next?

Mike & Joseph (10)

Coach Calhoun himself-

Joe D and calling 4 titles- Joe D. Meets Joe D. by Sliders & Curveballs

Dom Amore looks back- That’s Amore by Sliders & Curveballs

Fanta is Fantastic- Marching Towards Madness by Sliders & Curveballs

Jared Kotler & Gameday Conor- Superfan Roundtable by Sliders & Curveballs

David Benedict talks Nil & hiring- Top Dog by Sliders & Curveballs

The Husky Ticket Project- If You Build It by Sliders & Curveballs

Kevin Freeman on 1999- Party Like It’s 1999 by Sliders & Curveballs

View attachment 78042

My sons favorite show aside from Coach Calhoun was Joe D because it started his fandom. Learning the history of the game l, UConn, and the passion we have every Winter. Enjoy!

GemParty

Reaction Score
I had not, but I just finished listening to it.
More great questions that let KFree elaborate on many things and what it was like playing for Coach Calhoun and how much he admired him. Kevin was always one of my favorite players and this interview makes me like him even more

The segment where KF was talking about Rip and his game winning put back against Washington gave me a flashback to where I was for that game. I happened to be in West Lafayette,IN on the Purdue campus for that day/night so I watched the game at a sports bar ( maybe a Champs ). Of course I was the only UConn guy there and everyone in that place heard me after Rips shot.

And being in St. Petersburg that weekend brought back even better memories.
I definitely partied like it was 1999 that weekend…..

Keep up the good work Mike and Joseph !
Can’t wait to get more championship players on future shows. Hope you enjoy them. Let us know your favorites from the UConn collection and other sports.

My top 3 - Legend- Willie Mays

Three point King- Steph Curry

MVP- the life of Giannis

GemParty

Reaction Score
Guess who’s next from UConn?

GemParty

Reaction Score
Coming soon. Swag, personally designed, by my co host.

Attachments

• 10B02C48-C5EF-4A06-B1F3-07AA247B6F75.jpeg
    10B02C48-C5EF-4A06-B1F3-07AA247B6F75.jpeg
    243.3 KB · Views: 83
  • 574DA6EC-73BB-4301-B5D4-7EB1E3F9FB1D.jpeg
    574DA6EC-73BB-4301-B5D4-7EB1E3F9FB1D.jpeg
    224 KB · Views: 78
Reaction Score
This podcast is excellent, great work by you and your son. Somewhere up in my attic I have a copy of the Reading PA Eagle newspaper from when Donyell committed to play at UCONN. I lived near Reading back when he decided to suit up for the Huskies, was a big UCONN fan, the only one here in our area at that time. All of my peers, who rooted for Georgetown, Nova, or Syracuse, used to laugh at my allegiance, telling me to root for an actual basketball team, not some dogsledding arctic outback academy.
Relatives lived in CT, and we visited yearly from the mid 70's on up. All of my friends thought that my favorite hoops team was located in Canada, eh! They all became more respectful after my team started becoming the hammer to all of their "nails" in the Big East. The doormat days were finished forever! Thank you coach Calhoun and so many former players, what a thrilling time in my younger years.
I will need to dig that newspaper out when I find the time and share some pictures of it with everybody here to enjoy.
Keep up the outstanding podcast, very informative and interesting, thanks for taking the time to do these, and in the process grow your sons knowledge of Husky history!

GemParty

Reaction Score
This podcast is excellent, great work by you and your son. Somewhere up in my attic I have a copy of the Reading PA Eagle newspaper from when Donyell committed to play at UCONN. I lived near Reading back when he decided to suit up for the Huskies, was a big UCONN fan, the only one here in our area at that time. All of my peers, who rooted for Georgetown, Nova, or Syracuse, used to laugh at my allegiance, telling me to root for an actual basketball team, not some dogsledding arctic outback academy.
Relatives lived in CT, and we visited yearly from the mid 70's on up. All of my friends thought that my favorite hoops team was located in Canada, eh! They all became more respectful after my team started becoming the hammer to all of their "nails" in the Big East. The doormat days were finished forever! Thank you coach Calhoun and so many former players, what a thrilling time in my younger years.
I will need to dig that newspaper out when I find the time and share some pictures of it with everybody here to enjoy.
Keep up the outstanding podcast, very informative and interesting, thanks for taking the time to do these, and in the process grow your sons knowledge of Husky history!
Much appreciated. Thank you for listening. Please explore our library. Several UConn themes, lots of NBA and MLB. We’re dropping a new one today! Enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom