Our Best Lineup | The Boneyard

Our Best Lineup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Bazz, Boat, JL, Scoe, AD

Scoe needs to rebound and play D- no 3pt shooting-get the garbage points and short jumpers
Andre showed me some stuff last night-let's get him the ball down low and hope he doesn't get fouled.

Bazz, Boat and Jeremy need to be aggressive- drive draw and dish or shoot. We're too good to be losing these games. I want Providence again at MSG.

H

huskymagic

no we need to go big and go to a traditional NBA lineup with Boat, Lamb, Scoe, Alex, and Drummond. Our 2 little guard and Lamb has proven to be ineffective and our perimeter defense suffers because of their poor defensive efforts. We need to go to big to counteract this and get length and athleticism on the perimeter with Boat, Lamb and Roscoe at the 3. Drummond and Alex in the post.Napier can come in if we need scoring or if were in a funk but not at the expense of our defense. The problem with this team is defense first and foremost not offense. Boatright also needs to stop deferring and take the shots in critical moments and when we need to stop the other teams run. He is only one that can do it as he has the talent, confidence, and swagger to take and make big shots.

Reaction Score
Good points-I just don't like AO and AD in there together on D. It's true that our D stinks-I just don't think those two jell together. On O I want Andre to have the whole middle and baseline to himself. That nice spin move shows me he's starting to get confident/aggressive with the ball. I agree about Boat but he couldn't hit those shots last night when we needed them but neither did Jeremy. They hit 6 3's in the second half-we missed all but that late one by Lamb

H

huskymagic

Good points-I just don't like AO and AD in there together on D. It's true that our D stinks-I just don't think those two jell together. On O I want Andre to have the whole middle and baseline to himself. That nice spin move shows me he's starting to get confident/aggressive with the ball. I agree about Boat but he couldn't hit those shots last night when we needed them but neither did Jeremy. They hit 6 3's in the second half-we missed all but that late one by Lamb

Boat was too hesitant and deferring to Lamb not wanting to step on anyone's toes similar to what Kemba did his sophomore year to Stanley and Dyson. We need Ryan to penetrate at will and create open shots for himself and more important for Lamb who can go back to playing the role he played last year, and a role which he is more comfortable with.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure it really matters. If we are only playing 6 guys material minutes, and Giffey, Daniels and TO get reduced to cameos, there are plenty of minutes for all 6 of them and some of the time we're going to have two guards and some of the time we're going to have three depending less on strategy and more on who needs a breather or is in foul trouble.

Reactions: SJ
Reaction Score
I'm not sure it really matters. If we are only playing 6 guys material minutes, and Giffey, Daniels and TO get reduced to cameos, there are plenty of minutes for all 6 of them and some of the time we're going to have two guards and some of the time we're going to have three depending less on strategy and more on who needs a breather or is in foul trouble.
I agree and would also try to match up defense when needed.

Reaction Score
Boat was too hesitant and deferring to Lamb not wanting to step on anyone's toes similar to what Kemba did his sophomore year to Stanley and Dyson. We need Ryan to penetrate at will and create open shots for himself and more important for Lamb who can go back to playing the role he played last year, and a role which he is more comfortable with.

Never would've guessed your best lineup!! ;)

H

huskymagic

Never would've guessed your best lineup!! ;)

even you know my lineup is our best option because our guards are just plain bad and lazy put together on perimeter defense. Best thing Giffey did all year was smack Dion Waiters down when he went for a dunk. Thats what I want to see from everyone but most importantly from our guards to prevent penetration like that.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
no we need to go big and go to a traditional NBA lineup with Boat, Lamb, Scoe, Alex, and Drummond. Our 2 little guard and Lamb has proven to be ineffective and our perimeter defense suffers because of their poor defensive efforts. We need to go to big to counteract this and get length and athleticism on the perimeter with Boat, Lamb and Roscoe at the 3. Drummond and Alex in the post.Napier can come in if we need scoring or if were in a funk but not at the expense of our defense. The problem with this team is defense first and foremost not offense. Boatright also needs to stop deferring and take the shots in critical moments and when we need to stop the other teams run. He is only one that can do it as he has the talent, confidence, and swagger to take and make big shots.

Could not agree more.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

H

huskymagic

Could not agree more.

The changes that need to be made are obvious and I am hoping that this message resonates and the coaching staff takes a look in the boneyard because my analysis and suggestions will definitely improve our situation and salvage the season. We do not want to have these conversations when the NIT tournament starts. Hopefully Calhoun comes back and just sits on the bench for the Pitt game. Just his presence might motivate the team.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
our best lineup begins and ends with JC

as for the players on the court, I want to go with only two guards most of the time. I want AD, AO & RS on the court. Our defense improves, as SN & RB seem to give up a lot of 3's, guys can shoot over their challenge.

AO catches a lot of heat, but when I go look at his +/-, it's obvious we're better with him on the court

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
AO and AD are subject to foul trouble because the guards allow to.much dribble penetration. This hurts rebounding too, but they need better effort before it would change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak