OTish - Tolland County covid status | The Boneyard

OTish - Tolland County covid status

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Tolland county where Storrs is located has had a pretty good pandemic record - total of 1075 cases to date with 65 deaths and up until Monday had reported a total of zero new cases for the previous 11 days. With students intending to start classes in person on August 31 the town is seeing an increase in population as those students need to be tested and quarantine for 14 days. I have no idea if the following is specific to student testing but on Monday there were 3 new cases reported and Tuesday's number was 16 new cases. (Traffic on my road has also increased so I wonder how much 'quarantining' is really happening.)

Tolland is a quite large geographical county with a total population of 151,269 (I believe that does not include most Uconn students) but Manfield Storrs during a normal semester has the highest population in the county - in the census of 2010 Vernon (on the edge of Hartford county) had a larger population by around 3000 people but that did not include most of the 20,000+/- Uconn students. I am anticipating that in-person attendence will be 50% or less of standard attendance but that is based on just a guess.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog
Top Bottom