Other Women's College Basketball Forums | The Boneyard

Other Women's College Basketball Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
With the lack of things to do, wondered what other women's college basketball forums the Boneyard views. Always interesting to see other school's fan's opinions about UConn that vary from the extreme to educated. Will start things off with two assessments:
VolNation - great looking site with posters that range from the negative (the sky is falling; coach is terrible, etc.) to those very knowledgeable about all things basketball related. Have to tune out the continual "Geno cheats" comments that usually come from those with nothing factual to comment on. McGraw's Bench - perhaps the worst looking format in college basketball forums. Most high school boards are more professional looking. Not much good news from Notre Dame recently so the volume and quality of posts has suffered but some fans with deep basketball experience still post some nuggets of gold.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
As far as the two forums you mention, McGraw’s Bench is usually informative. While there is some sniping directed at UConn from time to time, as well as frustration directed at ND when they lose, particularly this past season, for the most part, ND posters are intelligent and supportive of their team.

On the other hand, VolNation is hilarious, particularly after a LV loss. There is a core of irrational longtime LV posters that will never accept the fact that TN WBB is not the dominant program they once were under Pat, and will likely never be again. While there are a lot of angry and bitter posts, I most enjoy those posts reflecting a comical sense of gallows humor.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
As far as the two forums you mention, McGraw’s Bench is usually informative. While there is some sniping directed at UConn from time to time, as well as frustration directed at ND when they lose, particularly this past season, for the most part, ND posters are intelligent and supportive of their team.

On the other hand, VolNation is hilarious, particularly after a LV loss. There is a core of irrational longtime LV posters that will never accept the fact that TN WBB is not the dominant program they once were under Pat, and will likely never be again. While there are a lot of angry and bitter posts, I most enjoy those posts reflecting a comical sense of gallows humor.
As a frequent voyeur over there, I only see the angry and bitter posts attacking their own players, their coach and fellow commentators. I really have not noted ANY LV posters exhibiting gallows humor, I note it of course but not sure the LV posters are intending it to be that. I mostly enjoy how idiotic Coach Jumper's self view and his perception of all thing Lady Vol and how he can, would, should (but won't!) impact the program or any program is "near-sighted AD's" would only give him a chance....

The irony of @HopJim thread is today, I am sure all of us BYers received a note from this forum with some gallows humor of their own on stating it's ok to visit the Boneyard as long as your keyboard is 6 feet from their servers. Meaning, the activity on the forum is not as robust as it was. That sort of seems counter-intuitive to what most of us would think-the forum would be an escape from the worrisome troubles literally outside our door. Maybe when clearly a diminishing trend of Covid19 is exhibited, our lives can revert back to a "new normal" and more posters will return.

It's up to us to keep the spirit live and well during this turbulence. Keep posting people, keep posting!!!;)

Last edited:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Most other WCBB forums are mostly dead from end of the season to start of the next season with blips of activity around recruiting or coaching activity focused on their own schools and conferences.

Baylor is the second best site I find for knowledgeable and respectful basketball threads. Well formatted and well moderated.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Most other WCBB forums are mostly dead from end of the season to start of the next season with blips of activity around recruiting or coaching activity focused on their own schools and conferences.

Baylor is the second best site I find for knowledgeable and respectful basketball threads. Well formatted and well moderated.
Provided you are a "Baylor homer"...:rolleyes:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score

There is not enough detail on McGraw's Bench for me or maybe I am reading it wrong. I'm used to the detail on The Boneyard.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
When a poster in another thread takes a firm stance that KLS missed too many layups, I realized that I have to pursue alternative ways to counteract my boredom.

Basically, posts are down because there is nothing going on. Unfortunately.

The only thing that got my attention was ESPN projecting Crystal going 16th to the Lynx in the WNBA draft. I continue to be confused about why she isn't thought of in the same high esteem that I do.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Definitely true. I was checking on the Western Carolina Forum, and its pretty dead on there. Not much action on the Aggie board either.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score

I also like reading the angry and bitter posts.

Reaction Score
There is not enough detail on McGraw's Bench for me or maybe I am reading it wrong. I'm used to the detail on The Boneyard.
I have posted on the Bench for several years since I am an ND grad. DIllon77 would often point out stuff here, but originally I found Boneyard hard to follow as I am very used to NDNations's approach, much like avid Boneyarders might have problems following other boards. Dillon would usually bring the info over to the Bench in ways I could process. He is more into recruiting, but also other info which I found helpful.

As for content there is detail at times, but mostly related to ND. There seems little tolerance to talk about other teams and often a general hatred for the teams and coaches that ND loses to at times like UConn, L'ville, Baylor, & Tennessee (Summit years). There is also an anger towards players who xfr like Erin Boley who went tot he Ducks.

As ND's year got bad, I started following and posting at the General Women's bball since I wanted to see if more teams covered. My grad schools Oregon and I've lived in Corvallis (Oregon State) for 40 years so I have followed both teams over the years. I found great discussions on PAC12 games along with keep ing me up to speed with ND and ACC play. I also found posters with interests in many different schools which I found helpful. Eventually I discovered the UConn regular WBB board and participate in some discussions, understanding the bias.

As for now I keep checking things out and if I can add anything I try to. I appreciate the activity you still have and hope to contribute where it makes sense. I have yet to find another WCBB board that rivals the activity and diversity of Boneyard.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Women's basketball is so much more interesting since it consisted of Uconn vs Tennessee. Now we have Baylor, Oregon, Notre Dame, South Carolina along with several others who, while perhaps not vying for a national championship, are capable of beating some of the top teams. While we all want the huskies to be on the winning side of the final score I think we enjoy it much more when at the end of the game we know we've beaten a good team.

Reaction Score
Occasionally, I check out Vol-Nation, McGraw's Bench (don't like the format, but there are knowledgeable posters), Sic'em365, Walz's World, & Hornfans. I used to frequent CockyTalk , but that's gone. It's hard to follow Mississippi State and Maryland's boards.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
There is a core of irrational longtime LV posters that will never accept the fact that TN WBB is not the dominant program they once were under Pat, and will likely never be again.

Dude:
You and others have made that point repeatedly
I think it's premature to jump to that conclusion.

They still have a loyal fan base and excellent facilities.

Under Holly (at least) they were able to snare high ranking MacD type recruits (even if she couldn't teach them to play together).
It's likely that with a little success, recruiting will pick up again.

And I still have a modicum of belief in their new coach and
I wouldn't be so fast to write them off just yet (speaking for the long run, not necessarily regarding this season)
if we indeed have one...:(

Just my dumb opinion.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Dude:

Under Holly (at least) they were able to snare high ranking MacD type recruits (even if she couldn't teach them to play together).

I wouldn't be so fast to write them off just yet (speaking for the long run, not necessarily regarding this season)

Just my dumb opinion.
Time will tell. But before TN becomes a national power once again, they need to get back to the top of the SEC, and right now the LV’s are not a legitimate challenger for the conference championship.

Reaction Score
As a fan of WBB in general and Louisville in particular, I have to tell you....IMHO, the Boneyard is the #1 source for WBB info and nothing else is close. Walz's World has some dedicated posters, but you can count them on the fingers of one hand. As of a few minutes ago, only one thread had a post today and three other threads had posts in the last 24 hours.

I check out VolNation (too snarky) and McGraw's Bench (hate the format) every now and then....usually after they lose. :cool: But I'm here (not always logged in, but lurking) multiple times every day.

Reaction Score
Women's basketball is so much more interesting since it consisted of Uconn vs Tennessee. Now we have Baylor, Oregon, Notre Dame, South Carolina along with several others who, while perhaps not vying for a national championship, are capable of beating some of the top teams. While we all want the huskies to be on the winning side of the final score I think we enjoy it much more when at the end of the game we know we've beaten a good team.
I enjoyed it when we beat Tennessee and knew we'd beaten a good team.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
' I have yet to find another WCBB board that rivals the activity and diversity of Boneyard.'
you won't. at the top, there can be only one! lol.

Reaction Score
Been on Safari hunting Toilet Paper will post after I bag one...
I find that bribing the 'guide' can sometimes work if you are looking to bag the 'big game' roll! :eek:. But you just might have to settle for smaller 'game' like the red crested napkin or the unscented tissue. They can usually be found 'cowering' behind the the the large package of cotton balls in the cosmetic aisle! :)

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Dude:

Just my dumb opinion.
All that the Lady Vols need to get back their elite status is to hire coach jumper as the HC, Fahr Harper!!!!

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I find that bribing the 'guide' can sometimes work if you are looking to bag the 'big game' roll! :eek:. But you just might have to settle for smaller 'game' like the red crested napkin or the unscented tissue. They can usually be found 'cowering' behind the the the large package of cotton balls in the cosmetic aisle! :)

Or maybe have to settle for single ply. It doesn't matter how many times you double it, that stuff is really dangerous.

Reaction Score
With the lack of things to do, wondered what other women's college basketball forums the Boneyard views. Always interesting to see other school's fan's opinions about UConn that vary from the extreme to educated. Will start things off with two assessments:
VolNation - great looking site with posters that range from the negative (the sky is falling; coach is terrible, etc.) to those very knowledgeable about all things basketball related. Have to tune out the continual "Geno cheats" comments that usually come from those with nothing factual to comment on. McGraw's Bench - perhaps the worst looking format in college basketball forums. Most high school boards are more professional looking. Not much good news from Notre Dame recently so the volume and quality of posts has suffered but some fans with deep basketball experience still post some nuggets of gold.
I like to read the post from a guy they call coach Jumper. Best source of BS I have found but he is typical of their posters.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I like to read the post from a guy they call coach Jumper. Best source of BS I have found but he is typical of their posters.
The greatest source of unintentional comedy on the Internet, Mister "I can be there tomorrow"

Although I can't help but wonder if he's just running a long spoof on the VolNation folks.

Reaction Score
' I have yet to find another WCBB board that rivals the activity and diversity of Boneyard.'
you won't. at the top, there can be only one! lol.
Totally agree, BY is the standard the other are trying to obtain. So far no other message board is even close.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Rutgers has a message board that was actually pretty decent for a while, although a lot of the fans were not broadly interested in what I call "the world of Women's Basketball" - which is where the BY has always excelled.

Unfortunately (and in some ways, true of many fans) as Rutgers was no longer as good as they had been the board became a place for lots of folks who see everything against the backdrop of their desire to replace Vivian. Lately, it is only highly active during games that are televised. It has made the board generally unpleasant, drove some posters away, and of course you have some changeover as some folks moved on in the ordinary course of things. I still go there, but I spend more time here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom