Other games, Dec. 9-15 | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Other games, Dec. 9-15

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Alabama hands North Carolina their first loss, 83-77. Two of UNC's guards got in major foul trouble and Alabama actually has good players who were able to drive and score almost at will.

The Alabama commentators noted something interesting toward the end. They said Banghart added this game to the schedule *after* she took the job, and in fact she dropped someone else on their schedule in order to do so. That means Hatchell would have played the entire OOC without a single true road game, something she'd done in other years recently.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Imma be whistling this song all night :cool: Like Ive said for years... the only thing I enjoy more than a Duke win... is a Tarheel loss

Plebe

Reaction Score
Missouri State is up by 4 over Missouri in mid-3Q. Missouri has had a bad start to their season but they are playing well against Missouri State today. Amber Smith has 16 points so far. Alexa Willard of MoSt is having an off day, only 5 points on 2-10 shooting so far.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I'm streaming Washington @ San Diego. It looks like there are only about 100 people in the Jenny Craig Pavilion. Pathetic. Makes USC look like they have great attendance.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I would be scared to enter a stadium called the "Jenny Craig Pavilion";)

Nicknamed "The Slim Gym." It's actually a really nice venue.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
What a difference from last game. Huskies are actually hitting some shots today and have a commanding 43-21 lead at halftime.

Plebe

Reaction Score
This Missouri-Missouri State game has been really entertaining. Feels like an in-state rivalry game. The Bears of Springfield are up by 7 with 45 seconds to go.

I see a familiar face on the Missouri State bench: Tori Jankoska, former Michigan State great of recent vintage, who is now an assistant coach to her former AC at Michigan State, coach Mox.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Ashley Joens poured in 41 points today against Wright St.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
This Missouri-Missouri State game has been really entertaining. Feels like an in-state rivalry game.

Should we throw out the record books? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Alabama hands North Carolina their first loss, 83-77. Two of UNC's guards got in major foul trouble and Alabama actually has good players who were able to drive and score almost at will.

The Alabama commentators noted something interesting toward the end. They said Banghart added this game to the schedule *after* she took the job, and in fact she dropped someone else on their schedule in order to do so. That means Hatchell would have played the entire OOC without a single true road game, something she'd done in other years recently.
Did you the Alabama commentator who was the head coach of Alabama when Alabama last played UNC back in 96? He said he would try to get UNC to play in Tuscaloosa and Hatchell (my words) never returned the favor of playing them on the road. The UNC-South Carolina series ended in part because Dawn wanted it to be a home and home series and Hatchell wanted to remain a neutral game to be played in Myrtle Beach.

UNC had seasons wghen Hatchell was the coach, that the only true road game they had on their non conference schedule was if the B1G Ten/ACC challenge game ended up being a road game.

Plebe

Reaction Score
UCLA is getting all they can handle from Pacific, up by 1 midway through 3Q.

Free live stream:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
UCLA is getting all they can handle from Pacific, up by 1 midway through 3Q.

Pacific has to be kicking themselves for losing to CSUB. There's no way that should've happened.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Did you the Alabama commentator who was the head coach of Alabama when Alabama last played UNC back in 96? He said he would try to get UNC to play in Tuscaloosa and Hatchell (my words) never returned the favor of playing them on the road. The UNC-South Carolina series ended in part because Dawn wanted it to be a home and home series and Hatchell wanted to remain a neutral game to be played in Myrtle Beach.

UNC had seasons wghen Hatchell was the coach, that the only true road game they had on their non conference schedule was if the B1G Ten/ACC challenge game ended up being a road game.
Did he say all that at the start of the game? I missed almost all of the first half.

But yeah, two years ago UNC played no true road games in the nonconference. Three years ago, the only true road OOC game was the challenge game.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I believe Retta will be back for Pacfic’s game against UCLA. Could make it interesting.
For those not in the know (like myself, I had to look this up): Loretta Kakala is a 6'2" center who transferred from Louisville a year ago after playing only four games as a freshman. This is apparently the first game she's been eligible to play for Pacific. She's had a rough game so far: 2 points, 4 turnovers, 4 fouls.

UCLA has pulled away from Pacific since mid-3Q. Now up 60-45 with 6:00 to play.

Reaction Score
For those not in the know (like myself, I had to look this up): Loretta Kakala is a 6'2" center who transferred from Louisville after playing only four games as a freshman. This is apparently the first game she's been eligible to play for Pacific. She's had a rough game so far: 2 points, 4 turnovers, 4 fouls.

UCLA has pulled away from Pacific since mid-3Q. Now up 60-45 with 6:00 to play.
She was a victim of Jeff’s redshirting. I might be wrong, but I think she redshirted in 17-18, then transferred at the beginning of 18-19.

I thought she might be a help, but that has not been the case.

Plebe

Reaction Score
She was a victim of Jeff’s redshirting. I might be wrong, but I think she redshirted in 17-18, then transferred at the beginning of 18-19.

I thought she might be a help, but that has not been the case.
Yes, that is correct. Redshirted 17-18:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
After a nice first half, Washington stunk in the 2nd half. 22 points combined, only 8 in Q4. 22 turnovers (although they forced 25). I hate Coach Wynn's substitution pattern this year. Waves of new players on almost every dead ball. Best player (s) spending too much time on the bench, hard for anybody to get in a rhythm. Not sure what she thinks she's accomplishing.

edit--they did win 65-47

Plebe

Reaction Score
After a nice first half, Washington stunk in the 2nd half. 22 points combined, only 8 in Q4. 22 turnovers (although they forced 25). I hate Coach Wynn's substitution pattern this year. Waves of new players on almost every dead ball. Best player (s) spending too much time on the bench, hard for anybody to get in a rhythm. Not sure what she thinks she's accomplishing.
Maybe she's afraid that if she doesn't spread the playing time around, she won't develop her bench.

Reaction Score

Ex-Mississippi State commit Brittany Davis had a terrific game, 10-12 FG for 23 points in 25 minutes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom