OT- Zach Edey vs Dejuan Blair flip | The Boneyard

OT- Zach Edey vs Dejuan Blair flip

Reaction Score
I watched the game yesterday also. Thought there was a specific penalty to address this.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Was watching this game and dont really understand how Edey wasnt called for hooking on this play. Reminded me of the DeJuan Blair flip of Hasheem Thabeet who clearly had his arm hooked and yanked. Edey had a very impressive stat line yesterday and ended with 32 points, 17 rebounds and 0 fouls.

Hasheem Thabeet vs. DeJuan Blair

I thought the same thing. Not as bad as Blair’s and the foul called on Thabeet but still bad

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
2023 Edey is what a fully realized DC is going to look like in a couple years.

Reaction Score
Was watching this game and dont really understand how Edey wasnt called for hooking on this play. Reminded me of the DeJuan Blair flip of Hasheem Thabeet who clearly had his arm hooked and yanked. Edey had a very impressive stat line yesterday and ended with 32 points, 17 rebounds and 0 fouls.

Refs probably thought DH was coaching Perdoo.

Reaction Score
2023 Edey is what a fully realized DC is going to look like in a couple years.
With our luck, Clingan will get the Gronk treatment from the refs. They aren't gonna do Hurley any favors lol

Reaction Score
For anyone watching, did the refs even go to the monitor to review that one? Clearly a hook and hold.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Really bad takes so far.

Edey goes up and cleanly grabs the ball above his head with both arms.

He didn't do anything required for a foul to be called on him.

Reaction Score
Really bad takes so far.

1673989770046.png

What am I missing here? Right arm not even on the ball, clearly hooking Sissoko's arm and restricting movement (as Sissoko is trying to get free of the contact).

Reaction Score
Really bad takes so far.

No one is disputing that. Clearly hooks Sissoko's arm and doesnt let him get free before swinging.

Reaction Score
I thought the same thing. Not as bad as Blair’s and the foul called on Thabeet but still bad
It didn't have quite the obvious intent to injure that Blair's did. Still wild to me how such a dirty play got so much positive press.

Reaction Score

You know, I remember that dirty play Dejuan Blair made against Hasheem Thabeet and he should've been called a flagrant foul, ejected, and suspended for several games.

Fortumately, Thabeet happened to be a 7'3" tall skyscraper and Blair was a 6'7" bulldozer which likely prevented Thabeet from getting his arm broken or dislocated. If it had been a smaller player about Blair's height, that player likely would've had their arm ripped off let alone broken.

To this day, I still get annoyed when I think about how incompetent those referees were in that game.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
View attachment 83120
What am I missing here? Right arm not even on the ball, clearly hooking Sissoko's arm and restricting movement (as Sissoko is trying to get free of the contact).

You are missing the giybstick his arm in between Edey's body and arm.

How do youvthink Edey was holding on to ball and then contortions his body to gtlrab and hold another player's arm.

Reaction Score
@Chin Diesel I am not trying to be a smartass, I'm genuinely curious based on that screenshot why you say it's not a hook and hold. I very well could misunderstand the rule.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
@Chin Diesel I am not trying to be a smartass, I'm genuinely curious based on that screenshot why you say it's not a hook and hold. I very well could misunderstand the rule.

To me it's a reach in foul on the defender. His arm was caught there because he put his arm in between Edey's torso and arm. He got caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

Reaction Score
To me it's a reach in foul on the defender. His arm was caught there because he put his arm in between Edey's torso and arm. He got caught with his hand in the cookie jar.
I don't think the two are mutually exclusive. Sissoko definitely commits a foul on the reach-in at the beginning, but I feel like quite often a hook and hold starts with this exact situation. Player A reaches in on a rebound, player B grabs the arm to sell the foul. To me this is pretty clearly a common on Sissoko and a flagrant on Edey.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom