OT YouTube TV price increase | The Boneyard

OT YouTube TV price increase

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
In a notice to customers, YouTube TV said, “As content costs have risen and we continue to invest in our quality of service, we’ll be adjusting our monthly cost, after 3 years, from $64.99/mo to $72.99/mo, in order to bring you the best possible TV service.” New subscribers to YouTube TV will see the higher price effective Thursday (March 16), and existing members will see the price hike on their first monthly bill on or after April 18.

The price hike comes after YouTube TV dropped MLB Network from its lineup

Well, this sucks!

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
Plus $20 more if you want 4k of which a whopping 2 games so far this season for UConn have been broadcast in. Hoping some of the NCAAs will be but so far nada.

Reaction Score
There will be no tournament games in 4K.

Reaction Score
Plus $20 more if you want 4k of which a whopping 2 games so far this season for UConn have been broadcast in. Hoping some of the NCAAs will be but so far nada.
Not that I disagree with the lack of 4K programming but if you’re a a 4K subscriber you’re monthly bill will actually go down as they’re lowering the price of 4K to $10.

Reaction Score
This was such a steal when it first came out, but I suppose it was inevitable that their hand would be forced by the content providers and prices would be raised.
It's like Uber and all these other market disruptors. They're great and cheap when they first start and now people just want to go back to the way things were.

Reaction Score
This plus the cost of Wi-Fi to actually stream the content has eliminated the value over traditional cable.
true, but wouldn't you have Wi-Fi anyway? Since my company stopped paying for an internet connection, I have to have connectivity of my own which I had anyway.

Reaction Score
Worst part for us in now Hulu will raise prices to - this duopoly is not good as they both started low and both have raised prices “hand in hand” over the past several years.

Reaction Score
In a notice to customers, YouTube TV said, “As content costs have risen and we continue to invest in our quality of service, we’ll be adjusting our monthly cost, after 3 years, from $64.99/mo to $72.99/mo, in order to bring you the best possible TV service.” New subscribers to YouTube TV will see the higher price effective Thursday (March 16), and existing members will see the price hike on their first monthly bill on or after April 18.

The price hike comes after YouTube TV dropped MLB Network from its lineup

Well, this sucks!
Thanks for the heads up. I only subscribe Nov1-NCAA tourney.

Reaction Score
I have Spectrum internet and they are talking streaming limits in May. Does anyone else have to deal with that?

Reaction Score
If you only want bare basic stuff streaming tv is fine. But if you are a sports fan who likes other premium channels like HBO there is no shot streaming is much cheaper than cable. And if it is it's probably not worth the savings with my experience with both.

Reaction Score
Eh, I was at $230/mo for Comcast Cable/Internet. Comcast said they couldn’t go any lower.

Just switched to Frontier internet and YTTV and even with the price increase it comes in at $132.
When I first signed up for Spectrum it was cable + TV + phone for $79.99/mo.

It is now $247/mo for cable & internet. Literally 3x over 6 years. It has gone up exponentially ever since Frontier left my area. 5 price increases in the last 14 months. I am really hoping Frontier comes back with fiber so I can do what you did.

Reaction Score
If you only want bare basic stuff streaming tv is fine. But if you are a sports fan who likes other premium channels like HBO there is no shot streaming is much cheaper than cable. And if it is it's probably not worth the savings with my experience with both.
YTTV's sports channels are really good and 100% the best option if you want all the UConn sports. The only thing I'd be missing if I switched from cable is YES.

Reaction Score
When I first signed up for Spectrum it was cable + TV + phone for $79.99/mo.

It is now $247/mo for cable & internet. Literally 3x over 6 years. It has gone up exponentially ever since Frontier left my area. 5 price increases in the last 14 months. I am really hoping Frontier comes back with fiber so I can do what you did.
Yupp, I think I started with a bill around $120 7 years ago. It just got out of control the last two years or so. I was able to upgrade from 500mb cable internet to 1GB fiber when I switched to frontier too.

The other thing I just did is switch my electric provider. Should save ~$70 a month from eversource.

It adds up!

Reaction Score
I'm gonna have to reevaluate what I get when I buy a house in the next few months. YTTV will probably be the best option still, but I'll have to see

Poe

Reaction Score
Just sat down to watch the late games, this multi-view feature is pretty cool. I’ve got all four games going on at the same time. Feels like Back to the Future II.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom