OT: Yoga | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Yoga

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
My fiance does hot yoga 4/5 times a week and I go with her maybe once every month or two.

It's just too damn hot and it's incredibly distracting feeling that sweaty and drenched in a cotton tee.

Reaction Score
I do yoga at the gym 1-2 times per week. Highly recommend.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
More OT, but I highly recommend mountain biking to anyone looking for fun cardio/endurance work. Full body workout

Reaction Score
@8893 I think you’ll find yoga will enhance your running. Try this one. It’s easy to follow and not that long.
Oh and don’t hate me if you add 10 yards to your drives haha

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I can mountain bike or hike all day. Exercising indoors is a drag, but once I get out in the woods I'm good to go
Yeah, I guess I misspoke. I ski all day and hike for hours. I guess I don't think of them as exercise because I enjoy them so much. Mountain biking too. I was moreso thinking of regimented exercise, which I do just to stay in shape (and to be able eat and drink like an idiot on occasion).

Reaction Score
I had a studio at the end of my street and went to a bunch of classes. I liked the ones that were half stretching, half meditation and intended to relax you. I literally felt high like I had smoked weed after them.

Some friends swear by the sweat type real workouts. That wasn’t for me. I guess it depends what you’re trying to accomplish.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Body Pump and Body Flow are different workouts. The first is more weight lifting oriented, the other is grounded in yoga.

There's also Body Attack (for the young, strong, and limber), Body Step, and Body Combat, a sort of martial arts based workout. Great music in all the tracks, though.
Ah, you're right. I kind of knew that, but didn't look closely at what you wrote.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Random question, but do you know of any bars that play live old time/bluegrass music. I really love that genre but doesnt seem like there's much of a scene around here

Where specifically? I know someone in a bluegrass band that I think plays all over CT.

Five In The Chamber

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Random question, but do you know of any bars that play live old time/bluegrass music. I really love that genre but doesnt seem like there's much of a scene around here
My church has a kickass Fire in the Kitchen concert series. Not a bar, but free Ashley's ice cream after every show!

Concert Schedule – Fire In The Kitchen

Cafe Nine in New Haven gets bands in that style (and many others):

Cafe Nine

Last edited:

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

I played banjo in abluegrass band around here for a couple of years.

Tough market to draw in. It was some of the most fun I've had Playing music . Unfortunately my wife doesn't let me out in bars every weekend for " fun" . If I don't bring home escarole it's a big headache. Maybe in a few years when my daughter is out of school on can revisit......

Anyway. Bluegrass scene here is lacking.

I go to Georgia every April to just keep my chops up at a local bluegrass festival in a town square. Insane players. I suck.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I played banjo in abluegrass band around here for a couple of years.

Tough market to draw in. It was some of the most fun I've had Playing music . Unfortunately my wife doesn't let me out in bars every weekend for " fun" . If I don't bring home escarole it's a big headache. Maybe in a few years when my daughter is out of school on can revisit.

Anyway. Bluegrass scene here is lacking.

I go to Georgia every April to just keep my chops up at a local bluegrass festival in a town square. Insane players. I suck.

Thats awesome. Where in GA? I'll probably go to Podunk festival this year. I just bought a banjo this year but can hardly play. Haven't taken time to figure it out yet

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Dahlonega.

It's called " bear on the square"

The best pickers in the south just walk around town and play with each other

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member