OT. Who’s bored? | The Boneyard

OT. Who’s bored?

Reaction Score
Need exciting news and the season to start. Until then I guess I’ll watch EPL and College football. Drats lol. What are you doing?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Need exciting news and the season to start. Until then I guess I’ll watch EPL and College football. Drats lol. What are you doing?
I've been watching and analyzing every YouTube video of Sydney McGlaughlin's track performances that I can find. Over and over, from her earliest to the last race of this season in Hungary. By the way, she finished that last race with a 51.68 and wasn't even breathing hard. She's has perhaps the most phenomenal sprinting form I've ever seen. It's so economical, uniform, smooth, and relaxed it almost looks like she isn't running. She gets her lead foot down over the hurdles and then accelerates faster than any hurdler I've ever seen. Her 50.68 at the World's this year is a miraculous feat, but to me, her 47.91 split in the 4x400m relay is her most jaw dropping achievement this year. This without much work on her flat 400m speed. If she forgoes the 400m hurdles and concentrates on her flat speed Marita Koch's performance enhanced record will finally be in danger. IMO Sydney is the greatest sprinter in the world today, and if she breaks Koch's record should be considered one of the greatest of all time.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Well, US Open (Gauff), WNBA playoffs except my teams don't look so hot), IIHF Womens Hockey World's (Canada up 2-1)

Not sure of the attraction of College Football when 2 seed GA wipes out 11 seed Oregon 49-3 but okay Just pencil Alabama and GA in the NC game.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Well, US Open (Gauff), WNBA playoffs except my teams don't look so hot), IIHF Womens Hockey World's (Canada up 2-1)

Not sure of the attraction of College Football when 2 seed GA wipes out 11 seed Oregon 49-3 but okay Just pencil Alabama and GA in the NC game.
People though were saying the same things about WCBB when UConn was running through former #1's and 2's like Lizzo through a birthday cake.

Reaction Score
I've been watching and analyzing every YouTube video of Sydney McGlaughlin's track performances that I can find. Over and over, from her earliest to the last race of this season in Hungary. By the way, she finished that last race with a 51.68 and wasn't even breathing hard. She's has perhaps the most phenomenal sprinting form I've ever seen. It's so economical, uniform, smooth, and relaxed it almost looks like she isn't running. She gets her lead foot down over the hurdles and then accelerates faster than any hurdler I've ever seen. Her 50.68 at the World's this year is a miraculous feat, but to me, her 47.91 split in the 4x400m relay is her most jaw dropping achievement this year. This without much work on her flat 400m speed. If she forgoes the 400m hurdles and concentrates on her flat speed Marita Koch's performance enhanced record will finally be in danger. IMO Sydney is the greatest sprinter in the world today, and if she breaks Koch's record should be considered one of the greatest of all time.
I was down this same rabbit hole earlier in the summer. Sydney is on a level of her own!

Recently I've been rewatching Noah Lyles races. He was a bit of a disappointment in Tokyo but his results are nothing short of "wow!" in 2022. Excellent knee lift, efficient form and acceleration from the start to well past the finish line.

I could say the same about Shelly-Ann Frazer-Pryce's 2022. Winning every 100m race in under 10.7s, until an off race following a hamstring injury: 10.74s :rolleyes: At age 35. Normally I prefer middle distance races, but man the sprinters are extra spicy this year.

JordyG

Reaction Score
I was down this same rabbit hole earlier in the summer. Sydney is on a level of her own!

Recently I've been rewatching Noah Lyles races. He was a bit of a disappointment in Tokyo but his results are nothing short of "wow!" in 2022. Excellent knee lift, efficient form and acceleration from the start to well past the finish line.

I could say the same about Shelly-Ann Frazer-Pryce's 2022. Winning every 100m race in under 10.7s, until an off race following a hamstring injury: 10.74s :rolleyes: At age 35. Normally I prefer middle distance races, but man the sprinters are extra spicy this year.
I especially like America's chances with its young talent like the aforementioned Lyles, Erriyon Knighton, Grant Fischer, Mathew Boling, Melissa Jefferson, Talitha Diggs, Michael Norman, and of course Abby Steiner. All of the women sprinters, including Sydney, IMO, are the anti Sha'carri Richardson's. The day Sha'carri decreases her dependence on social media, elevates her humility, her focus, and becomes willing to put in the effort instead of relying on her talent, she'll join this list.

Reaction Score
I especially like America's chances with its young talent like the aforementioned Lyles, Erriyon Knighton, Grant Fischer, Mathew Boling, Melissa Jefferson, Talitha Diggs, Michael Norman, and of course Abby Steiner. All of the women sprinters, including Sydney, IMO, are the anti Sha'carri Richardson's. The day Sha'carri decreases her dependence on social media, elevates her humility, her focus, and becomes willing to put in the effort instead of relying on her talent, she'll join this list.
Well said.

Reaction Score
Just watched Coach Sanders Jackson St team put a shellacking on Florida A&M.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Need exciting news and the season to start. Until then I guess I’ll watch EPL and College football. Drafts lol. What are you doing?
I'm following the WNBA playoffs (I watch every game), college football in general (USC Trojans in particular), and the LA Dodgers (who are the odds on favorite to make it back to the world series). Plenty of daily sports talk and analysis to keep the juices flowing until November 6, when the UConn Women's Basketball Team cracks the seal on another season with their exhibition game against D-2 Kutztown State. ALL "UConn fans" are patiently waiting for THAT day to come. ;)

Everyday I listen to/watch ESPN's Get up, and PTI programs and I listen to/watch The Colin Cowherd show (Fox). I get ALL of my sports fixes from these 3 programs. Every once in awhile I throw in a Sports Center broadcast as well to break the monotony. :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I recommend checking out “The Pivot”’podcast. 3 former football players conducting interviews with an array of sports figures.

Reaction Score
You were watching the wrong game. You should have watched UNC v. App. State or
Utah v. Florida.
I’m sure plenty of “fans” watched it.
Not I, said the fly.
College football >o for me.
My younger days I was glued to it.
No longer.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
The LA Dodgers and racing from Saratoga!

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
As @Carnac said, there is PTI. The WNBA playoffs. And College Football, of course.

Regarding @eebmg and Georgia's win - the analyst that was on PTI for the "5 Good Minutes" segment (not sure they still call it that, but that's what it is) before the weekend said there really is that much of a gap between the top teams and the rest. Obviously it remains to be seen. But there were some exceptionally enjoyable games - we saw somewhere around 4 or 5 exciting game endings. And Rutgers and Arizona won - a rare treat on the same day, since Arizona had one win total last season.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
As @Carnac said, there is PTI. The WNBA playoffs. And College Football, of course.

Regarding @eebmg and Georgia's win - the analyst that was on PTI for the "5 Good Minutes" segment (not sure they still call it that, but that's what it is) before the weekend said there really is that much of a gap between the top teams and the rest. Obviously it remains to be seen. But there were some exceptionally enjoyable games - we saw somewhere around 4 or 5 exciting game endings. And Rutgers and Arizona won - a rare treat on the same day, since Arizona had one win total last season.
and I will amend my statement with the crazy LSU - FSU game. That was pretty wild with a last second 99 yd td drive by LSU to get within 1 and then a blocked extra point

Reaction Score
Went to the UConn / CCSU game. Seats on the sunny side of the Rent, way too much sun. Watched tOSU beat ND. I don't often root for tOSU, but any time an ND team loses is good stuff. And to top it all off the Yankees won a game yesterday, Judge getting #53.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Bored?! NFL! MLB and World Series! U.S. Open Tennis! PGA vs LIV drama! Finally, there is the no defense what so ever high flying offenses of college football. Now talk about boring, see the EPL. Lets watch a bunch men jog back forth endlessly. :eek: Occasionally one will fall to the ground writhing in pain for no apparent reason. :confused: ;)

Reaction Score
Bored?! NFL! MLB and World Series! U.S. Open Tennis! PGA vs LIV drama! Finally, there is the no defense what so ever high flying offenses of college football. Now talk about boring, see the EPL. Lets watch a bunch men jog back forth endlessly. :eek: Occasionally one will fall to the ground writhing in pain for no apparent reason. :confused: ;)
What! I love the “beautiful game”

Carnac

Reaction Score

The attraction of college football is like beauty that’s in the eye of the beholder. I’ve been a college football fan for more than 50 years. I look forward to the college football season every year.

No meaningless preseason games, they jump in the deep end of the pool in week one. Lots of games, coverage and analisis to keep my intest. Lots of good games this past weekend, especially if your team won.

Oregon getting blown out means they were over rated and probably won’t be invited to any post-season bowls. There are teams that can give Georgia a game.

It’s week one. Way too early to crown anybody. Don’t tell Alabama, Texas A&M, or Ohio State that they have no chance of winning the national championship.

I understand your perception of college football. Nothing you could tell me or show me would cause me to have any interest in hockey or soccer. Different strokes for different folks.

Looking forward to November 6, but MLB, the NFL and college football will keep the blood flowing and the body warm until WCBB’s season begins.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Well next weekend my wife and I will be providing EMS standby services (with a lot of other folks) at a "Savage Race" obstacle course event at a game farm on Maryland's eastern shore and then heading to the Delaware beaches for a day.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
If I got them, I'm not bored at all. November will come soon enough. I'm not rushing it.

Reaction Score
Well,......I just recently purchased a 75 inch Samsung TV and I am anxious to see the young women play basketball. College football is outstanding and it almost makes me think that I am in the stadium. Let's go already. Play, play, play.:):):):):):)

Carnac

Reaction Score
Well,......I just recently purchased a 75 inch Samsung TV and I am anxious to see the young women play basketball. College football is outstanding and it almost makes me think that I am in the stadium. Let's go already. Play, play, play.:):):):):):)
I just remodeled my den last month. Looking for a TV stand and a 75” TV (and a quality sound bar) to finish it. They look huge on display at the store. It will look even bigger (and nicer) in my den. :D My 3 year old great granddaughter will love watching her full-length cartoon/fantasy movies. UConn women's basketball games will look even better.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I just remodeled my den last month. Looking for a TV stand and a 75” TV (and a quality sound bar) to finish it. They look huge on display at the store. It will look even bigger (and nicer) in my den. :D My 3 year old great granddaughter will love watching her full-length cartoon/fantasy movies. UConn women's basketball games will look even better.
The picture is fantastic down to too much information on their faces and the blades of grass. I have a Yamaha surround sound sysem that I am using. I went to Best Buy. I spent a few hundred more than I wanted but I took the Total Support package and they mounted it on the wall and made the whole thing work. Don't know your area, but that is what I did down in this area. Do some research as I am sure you will.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
New house, new cave, great 9000 series Samsung 65" TV. With the lights off it's like being at a drive-in movie except the picture on the TV is incredible. Throw in my 5 JBL studio speakers all over 50 years old 2 L 300"s and 3 4350's and I have my own concert hall. It makes waiting for November a little easier.
Carnac, I hope Your great Grad daughter doesn't take over your new TV and lets you watch the games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom