OT: Wherefore thou handle? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Wherefore thou handle?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I answered this question many times over the years. Way back when I was reading the the old Courant (men's team) board and read something that I wanted to which I wanted to respond, but when it came time to pick a name, nothing came to mind. I just couldn't think what I should type. I looked up at my Dual Audio speakers and saw the following message:
file.php

So I did and I've been CL82 ever since.

(Really it's not so bad since it could have been Neinbelastbarkeit.)
It could have been
KRK RP6 G2

Or

PBN Audio KAS PBN Audio Montana KAS Classic

Or

Bohlender Graebener Radia (R-320) LCR

Or just

Von Schweikert

Fortunately you chose the lesser of many evils.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
The University of Connecticut has a beautiful campus at Avery Point in Groton (UCAP). I live just outside the campus. They have their own athletic dept. with Baseball, Men's basketball and Women's Basketball in the JUCO Division 3 (The Pointers). My wife and I are fans of the WBB team and go to a lot of their games to support them. Thus: UCAP_Fan. The avatar is a picture of the light house on the campus at Avery Point.
And a very attractive little light house it is. Always thought so, we visited the campus and light house back in 2010.

As to my name, I was / am a Rutgers fan (Knight) in AZ, the bridge part referring to the fact that we were just transitioning about the time I chose the name.

Oddly enough, while I will "root" for my alma mater (Rutgers) and women's basketball there as long as Vivian is there, my wife and I have come to identify much more with the University of Arizona since moving to Tucson. Currently, I would root for AZ in any AZ / RU match-up except WBB, and once Viv retires, probably Arizona in that as well.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The University of Connecticut has a beautiful campus at Avery Point in Groton (UCAP). I live just outside the campus. They have their own athletic dept. with Baseball, Men's basketball and Women's Basketball in the JUCO Division 3 (The Pointers). My wife and I are fans of the WBB team and go to a lot of their games to support them. Thus: UCAP_Fan. The avatar is a picture of the light house on the campus at Avery Point.
The Avery Point campus is gorgeous. It is a hidden gem for UConn.
upload_2017-7-3_16-34-36.jpeg

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
I used to make various flavor ADES in MARtha's Vineyard. My favorite was lemonade, but the best selling was called 123. It combined lime, orange and lemon flavorings. In fact, the Kennedy's would ask for it whenever they came over from Hyannisport.

Reaction Score
Maybe 4 or 6 or 8 years ago, we were asked to explain the name we go by. Now with the passage of time, new folks have joined, longtime posters may have changed it, or we have forgotten the results by now.
Back then I wrote that I selected my BY name as a homage to my maternal grandfather and to commemorate a slice of Americana.

Once upon a time there was a New York Central Railroad, its River Division extending from Albany to Weehawken. On the Jersey end grandpa was on the upstairs floor of the terminal, pecking out the dots and dashes that kept the trains humming.
His title was wire chief.

How about you?
Fun post; lots of good ones.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Long ago I was a member of a very contentious forum with a lot of nasty posters. Can't remember what it was, perhaps the ukulele vs. tin whistle group. Anyhow, I decided Bestiarius would be a good Screen Name - from the ancient Rome gladiator days meaning, someone who went into combat with beasts.

Having no imagination, I just carried it over to the Boneyard from its prior use.

Are you a tinwhistle player or a uke player? I play and make (wooden) whistles. I've belonged to a whistle board for many years, and outside its defunct version of the cesspool, it's quite tame. I used to have a uke, no idea what ever became of it.

Reaction Score
Are you a tinwhistle player or a uke player? I play and make (wooden) whistles. I've belonged to a whistle board for many years, and outside its defunct version of the cesspool, it's quite tame. I used to have a uke, no idea what ever became of it.
Ukulele. but I have a bunch of whistles too but never mastered them. The vision of whistle and uke folks battling it out with raised instruments creates an amusing picture in my minds eye.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Orange County(California) Hoops Fan, Home of LE, KML and KLS, and many others that did not go to UConn.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Dwight Evans, aka Dewey, #24 for the Boston Red Sox. Went to a game in college, sat through a huge temp drop in the summer, froze our arses off, and the reward was a late game homer that may have helped win the game for the Sox. His BA at the time was sub 200s, so the HR was a nice surprise. Stuck with me ever since.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Ukulele. but I have a bunch of whistles too but never mastered them. The vision of whistle and uke folks battling it out with raised instruments creates an amusing picture in my minds eye.
LOL, thanx, mon.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
That is good mayo. I gotta agree.

Its the best.... the unofficial mayo of the South.

as an aside.... at 4th of july supper yesterday...... I asked my mother for the mayo for my burger.... she pulled out this from the fridge

mayo.jpeg

Diet Mayo ?? Thats Un-american Head bangHead bangHead bang

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom