OT - Wedding Bands | The Boneyard

OT - Wedding Bands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Sussman

My Name isn't really Bill
Reaction Score
Alright, I figured I would use up the last minute of down time before the season starts. I got engaged to an incredible woman (who attends every UConn Football game with me) back in May and we are getting married in May of 2015 (Safe from football season and basketball season). I am hoping to finish up all the major planning so that I can enjoy a few months off. Our one last outstanding item is finding a band to play our event. I am wondering if anyone from the boneyard has some good local suggestions. Definitely looking for a band that can span a few genres if possible - we enjoy classic rock, country, 90's music, etc.

(Please no one recommend the DJ from the football games)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Congrats!

(Bill Sussman kind of sounds like the name of the lead singer for a wedding band.)

Reaction Score
Alright, I figured I would use up the last minute of down time before the season starts. I got engaged to an incredible woman (who attends every UConn Football game with me) back in May and we are getting married in May of 2015 (Safe from football season and basketball season). I am hoping to finish up all the major planning so that I can enjoy a few months off. Our one last outstanding item is finding a band to play our event. I am wondering if anyone from the boneyard has some good local suggestions. Definitely looking for a band that can span a few genres if possible - we enjoy classic rock, country, 90's music, etc.

Bill. Congratulations! How about 2 Bands. 1) Shaded Soul and 2) Cover 2 Cover. Both have web pages for their band names. GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
First, Congratulations!
Band Suggestions:
Freeplay- they have a website & play in Meriden, Wallingford, along the Shore Line (Donohue's in Madison, Westbrook American Legion, etc)
Damn Hippies-out of Southington-not sure if they have a website

Reaction Score
Congrats! There is one band that will keep your guests talking for years, they are called Sugar. The reach they have is unlike few bands I have ever seen. The question is not whether or not you should hire them but are they in your budget, and available? They book out well in advance and have a cult like following. It's a total party when they are on stage. Good luck.

http://www.sugarband.net/#about

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
For $1,000, I'll sing Danke Schoen a two dozen times, dance inappropriately with your future mother-in-law and then pass out under the gift table.

It'll be a father-daughter act - my nine year old doesn't sing much, but someone's gotta drive me home. Also, I do own a tuxedo, so your guests will be impressed by my classy appearance for as long as it lasts.

Let me know if you're interested.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Congrats! There is one band that will keep your guests talking for years, they are called Sugar. The reach they have is unlike few bands I have ever seen. The question is not whether or not you should hire them but are they in your budget, and available?

I have been to a couple of events where they were the band - they're very good, but I have to imagine they're pretty expensive. (They have like seven people, plus a horn section on stage.)

Bill Sussman

Reaction Score
Thanks for the Congratulations and the information. I knew the Boneyards would deliver some ideas. I am sifting through these and sending out some emails today.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I totally thought this thread was going to be about rings.

But anyway... I used to work on the banquet staff at Avon Old Farms (a long time ago). The one band I remember from all the weddings I worked was Long Island Sound, did a google search and they're still around (different singer I think, but still sound good).

http://www.lisband.com/

http://www.theknot.com/Vendors/Long-Island-Sound-Band/Profile/BDS/051/532491/profile
http://www.theknot.com/Vendors/Long-Island-Sound-Band/Profile/BDS/051/532491/profile

temery

What?
Reaction Score

Hamster is in a band ... Not sure, but they may do weddings.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The Savage Brothers did a wedding I attended. I was pretty impressed.

Reaction Score

Getting married on October 4th. We booked a band called Live Radio. Check Them out and let me know if you'd like pricing details.

http://liveradioband.com/home.html

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
A suggestion on wedding bands that go on your finger, suggest to your fiance that you engrave them with your initials and wedding date. Best damn thing I ever did because I'll never forget our anniversary date because I just have to look inside my ring! :D

Reaction Score
Nightshift out of Boston... We had them at our wedding a few years back. Been to a couple events they've done since.

Highly recommended.

Reaction Score
Jimmy and the Hat Tricks is the best wedding band! I got married last year, and people are still asking and raving about them. They didn't take a single break through the entire reception and they kept everyone on the dance floor the entire night. They play everything, and are willing to learn songs for you. I searched high and low for the best wedding band, and trust me they are it. They are both affordable, and easy to work with, they couldn't possibly be more accomodating. As a testament to how amazing they are, they are playing my sister's wedding next month as well as a freind's wedding next summer. I can't say enough great things about them!!

Reaction Score
The Savage Brothers did a wedding I attended. I was pretty impressed.

Agreed...Savage Brothers did my first wedding (on #2 (and final one) now) back in late 80's and they were terrific. Local guys with deep roots and really know how to engage the crowd, plus they are just good people. Bonus...they are celebrating 30 years of performing this year. Plenty of local venues to go check them out in person. If you do go see them, reach out to them on their website beforehand and they will try to set aside some time between sets to meet up with you and your fiancee to answer any questions you might have.

http://www.savagebrothersband.com/

PM if you want any more info...

Bill Sussman

Reaction Score
Agreed...Savage Brothers did my first wedding (on #2 (and final one) now) back in late 80's and they were terrific. Local guys with deep roots and really know how to engage the crowd, plus they are just good people. Bonus...they are celebrating 30 years of performing this year. Plenty of local venues to go check them out in person. If you do go see them, reach out to them on their website beforehand and they will try to set aside some time between sets to meet up with you and your fiancee to answer any questions you might have.

http://www.savagebrothersband.com/

PM if you want any more info...

Unfortunately, The Savage Brothers aren't available for my date (playing a show in Branford that day). I saw them at Shea's last Friday (one of my fiance's friends actually had one of the Savage Brothers as her teacher).

The rest of these are going on a list to run to ground this week. Thanks for all the help (and jokes).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom