OT: Utah NIL collective gifts all 85 scholarship players Dodge Ram 1500 trucks | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Utah NIL collective gifts all 85 scholarship players Dodge Ram 1500 trucks

Reaction Score
I'd love to believe a dealership which can afford this type of cost has good lawyers and has thought this through. I also am realistic enough to know successful people can do stupid things once they become successful.

There will be lawsuits based off of some of the choices the players makes while they have custody of these vehicles. Whether it's them driving it themself, loaning it out to friends or something else, at some point this will become newsworthy for the wrong reasons and this promo will end.
But it's awesome cuz it makes the kids happy!

Reaction Score
Agree that the promo is likely to end abruptly. Does the truck deal make it thru this semester? Past next semester? If I play this year, and come back next year, can I trade it in for something cool instead? If the truck deal ends, and it's not my fault, can I transfer? Can I negotiate a different paint job? So many questions...

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Reliable? Price seems right on used ones.
Yup. Also my daily driver. 80k miles runs great. Really not bad milage if I don't stomp on it. Good condition was 15k 2 years ago. Would have liked to get a Tacoma but couldn't justify the extra 25% in price for essentially the same vehicle. Been very happy with the Nissan.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
How many of these renewable leases do not get renewed after the season?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
All I want is a small body-on-frame truck so I can mulch, bring my mower/blowers to my parents house, pull stumps, and do other basic yard work. Even Tacomas are too big for the job and that's about as small as you can get 'em. I miss the old Rangers/S10s... perfect size.

The average guy with an F-150 would be better off in a Camry, but he needs the ego boost due to a sad, lonely life and small... hands.
Look at a Santa Cruz or Maverick

Reaction Score
No way is a Tacoma too big. My dad has one and it doesn’t fit much, but it’s just big enough most of the time. It’s a great truck. Regardless, a Tacoma is a far better use of funds than a Maverick etc. It’s a real truck, an off-road beast and it will last you 30 years if you want it to. It’s a smart buy financially because someone will always want it should you want to sell it.

I’ve had a Ram 3500 and an F-150. Both are great trucks, especially for real work (I’m in construction). However, the convenience of truck ownership pops up weekly at home too. Once you have one, it’s hard to go without it.

Reaction Score
Stuff like this is even worse than UConn's horrible play in driving me away from CFB.

I'm OK with players getting paid for their NIL- but where's the oversight? Where are the guardrails? Does any sane person think this is healthy?
Dude, what do you think was going to happen? Why should they be capped in pay? Why should there be guardrails? To what end? This was never healthy and this was never about ensuring that a guy has a suit to wear.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Dude, what do you think was going to happen? Why should they be capped in pay? Why should there be guardrails? To what end? This was never healthy and this was never about ensuring that a guy has a suit to wear.
Dude my questions were largely rhetorical- I'm not THAT clueless. Just expressing my dismay at the direction that the most entertaining level of my favorite team sport is heading.

Reaction Score
This also puts schools in a position to tortiously interfere with NIL deals. If anything this seems like the whole point.

Reaction Score
No way is a Tacoma too big. My dad has one and it doesn’t fit much, but it’s just big enough most of the time. It’s a great truck. Regardless, a Tacoma is a far better use of funds than a Maverick etc. It’s a real truck, an off-road beast and it will last you 30 years if you want it to. It’s a smart buy financially because someone will always want it should you want to sell it.

I’ve had a Ram 3500 and an F-150. Both are great trucks, especially for real work (I’m in construction). However, the convenience of truck ownership pops up weekly at home too. Once you have one, it’s hard to go without it.
Gotta get the 6 foot bed. Awesome small truck!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom