OT: UConn chicks | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: UConn chicks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reading the title of this thread, I was expecting some pics of nubile co-eds. I am more than a little disappointed.

Throw me a bone, this is all I have left!

Reaction Score
I'd fit right in then. :D

Congrats on Dixon's 33" vertical, you are truly a wealth of knowledge...........that means she could get about 6 feet total off the ground because she was what 4'3"??

Go away

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Congrats on Dixon's 33" vertical, you are truly a wealth of knowledge...........that means she could get about 6 feet total off the ground because she was what 4'3"??
No need to congratulate me, I didn't help her jump.

But congratulations to you, you can read. Unfortunately you can't do math. (it would be 7' :rolleyes:) And just because I am a wealth of knowledge :cool:.........she was 5'4". I know, not that you care.

Go away
Eh, don't think so. Think I'll hang around and bug you for awhile......until I get bored with you.

Reaction Score
Eh, don't think so. Think I'll hang around and bug you for awhile......until I get bored with you.

I don't care how long you stick around here. Just try to be funnier.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Exactly. He's bored with us?
Not yet, but it was only directed at maumau anyway. So you really don't have to worry about it.

Reaction Score
Well thank you. You have no idea how much that means to me.

Maybe you can give me some tips.

Good news is there are some women's fans who know a little about the game outside of your little dreamland, bad news is you represent them here!! You want boring, watch a replay of the game lansky!!

Reaction Score
Maybe you can give me some tips.

Okay. Here's a quote from one of your recent posts on the other board:

I'm not an attorney, but I play one on The Boneyard.

That is definitely not funny. Let's start out your funny lessons by first eliminating the use of phrases like that and then we'll go from there.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Good news is there are some women's fans who know a little about the game outside of your little dreamland,
Well I'm not really a "women's game" fan. I'm a "UCONN women's team" fan. I'm more of a "Men's game" (college anyway, NBA not so much) fan in general. I've followed the "Men's game" for a good 40 years or so, going back to Bill Walton (first I remember really following). Though not as closely now as when I was younger. Not necessarily a UCONN men's team fan though. Don't mind them and hope they do well, but they are not my favorite. Didn't grow up around here and UCONN wasn't even a idea on the college scene back when I was starting to follow.

I probably know as much or more about "the game" as 90-95% of the people on either board. (you were correct about my plethora of knowledge :cool: )

bad news is you represent them here!!
I don't represent anybody.

You want boring, watch a replay of the game lansky!!
I'm not that good at "numbers". ;)

Reaction Score
Well I'm not really a "women's game" fan. I'm a "UCONN women's team" fan. I'm more of a "Men's game" (college anyway, NBA not so much) fan in general. I've followed the "Men's game" for a good 40 years or so, going back to Bill Walton (first I remember really following). Though not as closely now as when I was younger. Not necessarily a UCONN men's team fan though. Don't mind them and hope they do well, but they are not my favorite. Didn't grow up around here and UCONN wasn't even a idea on the college scene back when I was starting to follow.

I probably know as much or more about "the game" as 90-95% of the people on either board. (you were correct about my plethora of knowledge :cool: )

I don't represent anybody.

I'm not that good at "numbers". ;)

You have not proven to know more than anyone with the posts on this thread but by all means, keep trying to impress us. :confused: Bill Walton is impressive,, wow............how about prior when Pistol Pete was roaming the courts for his dad and Rick Mount was averaging all kinds of points and Howard Porter was an illegal player for a FF Nova squad? .......not saying I know more but names and years of watching don't tell us anything.......

Reaction Score

That is definitely not funny. Let's start out your funny lessons by first eliminating the use of phrases like that and then we'll go from there.
I think the first rule of comedy is not to take your jokes from commercials. I mean, where's the beef?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

Very nice try, however comma, I did not say that. That was doggydaddy.

facepalm.jpg

You guys really aren't very good at this are you? Want to try again?

Reaction Score
Very nice try, however comma, I did not say that. That was doggydaddy.

facepalm.jpg

You guys really aren't very good at this are you? Want to try again?
Even if we take this as true, it's not like you've been lighting this board up with comedy. You've been bickering with fans for reasons I'm not quite sure about.

Reaction Score
No need to congratulate me, I didn't help her jump.

But congratulations to you, you can read. Unfortunately you can't do math. (it would be 7' :rolleyes:) And just because I am a wealth of knowledge :cool:.........she was 5'4". I know, not that you care.

Speaking of Reading I would love to see the SPARQ test source you are referencing, I liked the way Lorin played but was not aware of this 33" leaping ability. If we're going to post it how bout some back up.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
You have not proven to know more than anyone with the posts on this thread but by all means, keep trying to impress us.
And neither have you, but then I wasn't really trying to. I'm not sure if you are or not???

how about prior when Pistol Pete was roaming the courts for his dad and Rick Mount was averaging all kinds of points and Howard Porter was an illegal player for a FF Nova squad? .......not saying I know more but names and years of watching don't tell us anything
Well a couple things. Like I said I wasn't trying to impress anyone with knowledge, just giving you a glimpse of how long I had been following men's basketball....hence the Walton reference.

Secondly, since I stated I started following basketball around the early 70's, then no I wouldn't have seen Maravich play in the late 60's (when he was in college). Follow? I'm not that old.

Thirdly though, yes I do know about Maravich (and many other players throughout history, but is it ok if I don't list them all, that would take a while. And as I said, I only listed Walton as a time reference.). Yes I have seen him play pro (TV) and YouTube stuff of when he was at LSU. Heck I even read his book Heir to a Dream. (My late father had given it to me for a birthday or something??) But that was a long time ago.

Reaction Score
I have to admit that I think a discussion of Lorin Dixon's 33" vertical is pretty funny.

He knows that yet he's/she's "not much of a women's fan"....now that's funny.....and weird!!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Even if we take this as true, it's not like you've been lighting this board up with comedy. You've been bickering with fans for reasons I'm not quite sure about.

Well you can check it if you want. (course you would have to venture over to that other board). It’s in the “Worried” thread, post #34. Pretty sure you won't bother though.

Also I didn’t start the bickering, other than making fun of Deepster for his brilliant “They’re slower” And “They’re not as fast” post. But I found that pretty funny. He then followed up with another brilliant post of attributing me to something someone else said and then claiming it wasn’t funny.

Yea, sticking up for Deepster probably is not a great idea. Yea I agree though, not quite sure why you guys want to do this???

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Speaking of Reading I would love to see the SPARQ test source you are referencing, I liked the way Lorin played but was not aware of this 33" leaping ability. If we're going to post it how bout some back up.
Well since you asked. I don't know if I can find it on line anymore, but at the time I did download it. Just found it interesting. Have been trying to find SPARQ test results for other years, other sports, but really haven't come across any.

Ah yea here it is, thanks google. Enjoy.

http://studentsports.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=437879

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
He knows that yet he's/she's "not much of a women's fan"....now that's funny.....and weird!!
Well if you could follow along, I did say I was a UCONN women's fan. (I don't really watch many other women's games, but I do watch theirs and follow the team and recruiting, etc...). And since Dixon did play for UCONN, and it was a pretty impressive vertical for a girl I thought, it did stick.

But being a UCONN women's fan and being a women's game fan are two separate things. Hope that's not too difficult for you to follow. ;)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I have to admit that I think a discussion of Lorin Dixon's 33" vertical is pretty funny.
Well somebody did ask. So I answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin