OT: U.S. women's gymnastics wins gold in team competition at Rio | The Boneyard

OT: U.S. women's gymnastics wins gold in team competition at Rio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The U.S. women's gymnastics team put on a two-hour display of precision and class.

Their score of 184.897 was more than eight points clear of silver medalist Russia.

[LINK]

Reaction Score
Dude, very poor posting etiquette.
For an event that is being shown in the US on tape delay, it is bad form to put the results in the thread title.
It doesn't affect me, but for folks who were waiting to watch, I'm sure they would've preferred a simple "Today's Olympic results" header.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
The U.S. women's gymnastics team put on a two-hour display of precision and class.

Their score of 184.897 was more than eight points clear of silver medalist Russia.

[LINK]
Dude, I love ya. But I think posting this may have been a bit of bad form. It's cool. I'm sure you'll make up for it in another post.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
image.jpeg
Dude, I love ya. But I think posting this may have been a bit of bad form. It's cool. I'm sure you'll make up for it in another post.
You mean he makes it up if his next post is this?

Reaction Score
It's not entirely his fault. With the way web sites and social media are today, it's almost impossible to not inadvertently run into the results somewhere on the internet the second they are in the books.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Dude, very poor posting etiquette.
For an event that is being shown in the US on tape delay, it is bad form to put the results in the thread title.
It doesn't affect me, but for folks who were waiting to watch, I'm sure they would've preferred a simple "Today's Olympic results" header.

Contents noted.

Reaction Score
Forgetting the poor etiquette... those who watched last night were treated to a UConn like performance...another great group of 5.

It's still well worth watching even if the results aren't a surprise. They were heavy heavy favorites and the win was expected.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
While I understand NBC's desire to air Gymnastics during prime time, wouldn't theyhave been better served to complete gymnastics prior to airing Swimming. IMHO show Gymnastics from 8 pm to 10 pm which has greater appeal to females and especially younger females; 6 to 12 years old; then the typical male sports fan. The typical male sports fan would be more interested in Michael Phelps and Swimming so show that after 10 PM. The younger viewers were probably sleeping by the time NBC aired the final Gymnastics rotations after 11 PM

Reaction Score
While I understand NBC's desire to air Gymnastics during prime time, wouldn't theyhave been better served to complete gymnastics prior to airing Swimming. IMHO show Gymnastics from 8 pm to 10 pm which has greater appeal to females and especially younger females; 6 to 12 years old; then the typical male sports fan. The typical male sports fan would be more interested in Michael Phelps and Swimming so show that after 10 PM. The younger viewers were probably sleeping by the time NBC aired the final Gymnastics rotations after 11 PM

YES!!! I was sleeping before the final rotations. That was the ONE thing I really wanted to see, but I need to get up for work, so.....DVR'd for another time, but still...

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Not sure what is more enjoyable to watch...the standards of excellence by The Final Five or the reactions from Aly Raisman's parents during their daughter's routines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom