OT - The Greatest BB Game Ever Played | The Boneyard

OT - The Greatest BB Game Ever Played

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Totally stole this from Barstool, but fans of basketball in general will think this is unreal. You have to check the link and go through the twitter timeline and videos (link is HERE and at the bottom). Must watch; it's so freakin awesome. Here's a quick excerpt.

I don’t care what college or pro game you were watching last night. Nothing topped Waseca High School and Marshall High School squaring off for the Minnesota Section 2AAA boys basketball championship and a trip to the state playoffs on the line. The most bonkers series of plays and crazy ass shots. Had these videos filling up my Twitter timeline, each one crazier than the last, refreshing my feed constantly to try and get the results of a high school hoops game 1400 miles away.

http://www.barstoolsports.com/barst...t-down-last-night-at-a-minnesota-high-school/

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
sounds pretty epic, Would actually like to follow along with what really went down rather than that barstools accounting written by a short bus 4th grader.

It was just hard to follow what the heck is going on in that thread.

Maybe its me.

Reaction Score
Can't check that account at the moment, but...

Greatest game I ever saw was Southern Mississippi at Virginia Tech in 1988. Tech was a run and gun, pressing team in 1988, but had been blown out at Southern Miss earlier in the season (127-102). So the game plan was to try and slow things down. That strategy was a failure and Tech was down 66-48 in the first minute of the second half. Final score was Tech 141, Southern Miss 133 in double overtime. Bimbo Coles, who went on to play for the Miami Heat, had 51 in the game. Total points at the time was 8 shy of the all time Div 1 record.

Best seats I ever had as a student at Virginia Tech. Ridiculous game.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
sounds pretty epic, Would actually like to follow along with what really went down rather than that barstools accounting written by a short bus 4th grader.

It was just hard to follow what the heck is going on in that thread.

Maybe its me.

That post aside, the guy's actually a pretty good writer. He linked to the original, but you have to follow him I think.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Greatest game I ever saw was Southern Mississippi at Virginia Tech in 1988. Tech was a run and gun, pressing team in 1988, but had been blown out at Southern Miss earlier in the season (127-102). So the game plan was to try and slow things down. That strategy was a failure and Tech was down 66-48 in the first minute of the second half. Final score was Tech 141, Southern Miss 133 in double overtime. Bimbo Coles, who went on to play for the Miami Heat, had 51 in the game. Total points at the time was 8 shy of the all time Div 1 record.

It sounds like there was zero defense was played in that game.

Reaction Score
I thought for sure this was going to be about the six overtime game which is the best, or at minimum longest!, college basketball game I've ever seen. Other than the outcome of course, which sucked.

Reaction Score
The greatest game in the history of all sports was played on March 29, 1999.

Reaction Score
It sounds like there was zero defense was played in that game.
Yeah, pretty much. Although Southen Miss did shoot 46% for the game. But 43% from three. It was crazy. Southern Miss would take a shot from 25 feet and you'd think, "Idiot, what a bad shot... DAMMIT". Tech scored 93 pts in the second half and OT, most of it by 2 guys - Bimbo Coles and Wally Lancaster. They scored 90 pts between them overall

At the time, they gave tickets away free to the students and 2/3 of the arena was filled by students. The place was an absolute madhouse. Best crowd for any game I've ever attended in person.

Reaction Score

Boo hokies. I only went to one game at the castle or whatever the arena there is called. Watched uconn get bumped out of the NIT so my already skewed opinion of the place was made even worse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom