OT: Stock trading | Page 198 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score
It wasn't my choice. But I was at my local brewery the other day, talking to the owner, as the land adjacent to his business and in about 10 acres behind it is all being developed, and all of it is a grow facility. The third one in town. So, as a REIT, it may be one of the very few commercial real estate areas that is growing.
It does seem like a great bet as long as they stay small. Big banks institutions won’t touch cannabis until it is federally legal, risk of bottom dropping out. But the owners that can/will accept pot uses get a premium for it. So They can create value bc pot pays really high rents.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
That’s pretty cool. Based on what’s being built two miles from me it makes sense. Yes, I can trade it on Fidelity.

How long does it take Fidelity to clear a deposit? I move the money five days ago and it's still not available to trade. Stock is up 6% in the past five days.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
How long does it take Fidelity to clear a deposit? I move the money five days ago and it's still not available to trade. Stock is up 6% in the past five days.
I don’t know but account generation usually takes time. My deposits hit pretty quickly.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Apply for margin on your account. You’ll go into a debit (and get charged a % on the debt) but you can trade right away until the money clears. Assume it would work for OTC stocks but I haven’t done it.

Reaction Score
NLST - currently in court vs Samsung, Micron, and Google for stealing their technology. This one could really pop when its all said and done.

Reaction Score
I have two longer term stocks
One I have been buying since 2014(gsit)
The other ticker is (ATOM) owned since

I only own two stock
1 is Gsit many different purchases since 2014 cost average is slightly below 6 trading in upper 7s. Certainly not a great return so far for 7 years ownership and all my e tra cash. 21500 shares
#2 has been my big winner of my lifetime ATOM owned now for 4 years cash avg also slightly under 5.50 trading close to 30( was over 40) 6700 shares
Maybe only person to lose money on Bitcoin trading twice so no more for me
GSIT is finally ready to roar. zi sold atom and bought it back for a biggie--now hold 3x supply

Sick Puppy

Remember, you wanted this.
Reaction Score
In this house of cards I've got 4 aces in the hole. Physical gold, silver, short term treasuries and cash. Comfy and waiting for blood in the streets.

Reaction Score
Chainlink Launches Cross-Chain Protocol to Bridge Blockchains With Traditional Capital Markets - Decrypt

Chainlink is now connecting transactions from one blockchain to another blockchain that were previously unable to communicate—-think back in the day if you had Gmail, you werent able to send an email to someone who had a Yahoo email. Chainlink is the backend system connecting traditional markets onto the blockchain seamlessly.

Chainlink is also working with various banks with this Cross Chain Interoperability Protocol. Just google Swift x Chainlink.

IMG_2012.jpeg

Reaction Score
Crypto is set to take off in the next year. Ripple lawsuit is over, hopeful Bitcoin/crypto ETF getting approved, increasing mass adoption worldwide. Continuing to buy while it’s still early!

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Thoughts on NVIDIA? Overvalued, right-sized or positioned for continued growth?

Reaction Score
Crypto is set to take off in the next year. Ripple lawsuit is over, hopeful Bitcoin/crypto ETF getting approved, increasing mass adoption worldwide. Continuing to buy while it’s still early!

That all depends on how quickly the Fed moves forward with CBDC's and their Fednow service.

Fednow can potentially replace the need for XRP's cross border payment transactions.

If I were to be investing in crypto it would be in Bitcoin or Ethereum. Ethereum's level two solutions reduce the need for so many other chains out there. That's just my two cents.

Reaction Score

At the premium that NVIDIA is selling at,, I'm not sure how much more growth is in that stock. I think there are better plays than NVIDIA that have more growth potential, but that's just me. It's a solid company non the less.

Reaction Score
Long Haul all the way. Tech has a long future despite this tiny blip of the past two years. NVDA might be the best positioned of anyone, including apple. The rich will get richer. Dont see any new young players making a play for a while.

Reaction Score
At the premium that NVIDIA is selling at,, I'm not sure how much more growth is in that stock. I think there are better plays than NVIDIA that have more growth potential, but that's just me. It's a solid company non the less.
The next 3 waves of economic growth will come from AI (NVDA and others), Quantum computing (current tech giants) anf Fusion energy (?). Each one of these equals about the internet' growth worth of growth.

Reaction Score
The next 3 waves of economic growth will come from AI (NVDA and others), Quantum computing (current tech giants) anf Fusion energy (?). Each one of these equals about the internet' growth worth of growth.

That may be so, but are you certain that NVIDIA is the right play?

There are many new companies creating photonic chips for quantum computing and if the open source
RISC V architecture ends up winning the battle over ARM, what happens to NVIDIA then.

Don't get me wrong, NVIDIA is a solid company to own, but again at that premium, in my opinion you can find better growth opportunities if that's your investment strategy.

Reaction Score
NVDA has such an advantage right now. They will be in QC as well. It comes down to which companies are the smartest and who do you trust. NVDA and Apple are still that. I see 5X and 10X multiples for them in the next 10 years easy. It may not be 100X of some small company but predicting that small company would be a guess.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
NVDA has such an advantage right now. They will be in QC as well. It comes down to which companies are the smartest and who do you trust. NVDA and Apple are still that. I see 5X and 10X multiples for them in the next 10 years easy. It may not be 100X of some small company but predicting that small company would be a guess.
They do have a nice edge right now. Glad I bought it when Nancy did. But I'm dumping it in August when I hit long term (MA has 12% tax on ST gains). The multiple is just silly. It reminds me of AOL in the late 90s. I crunched some math then, and for AOL to ever have the revenue Ford had it needed to grow at 20% a year for like 30 years. Yet the stock was worth far more that Ford.

NVDIA is also huge in gaming and gaming is huge. But I'll take my chips and leave the table.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom