OT: Stock trading | Page 169 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score
Agree with this, but the Fed is attempting to thread a needle. If the market consensus outlook is longer-term core inflation or, conversely, economic slowdown or contraction, I would have to believe we will see a severe pull back in the market. Couple that with a lot of folks who are new to the market and "trading rather than investing" and I think movements could be very extreme. To be honest, I think those scenarios are quite likely.
A lot has changed though since the correction from late February to early Spring. A lot of newbie Robinhood investors were heavily leveraged on margin and many got shaken out. RH and other platforms in turn significantly reduced margin amounts. Couple that with extraordinary earnings, especially in the tech sector, and many younger investors moving into crypto, which significantly reduces the risk of a major correction in my opinion. I think we will see a correction within the next month, but not a really severe one.

Reaction Score
Investment of a life time
Good to see it moving today, I know many of us got frustrated with it recently. I converted out some that I bought under 14 last month to Solana the other day. I should have probably kept all my LINK but I have enough left that I’ll still be happy if it is eventually worth hundreds per coin. Thanks for the share.

Reaction Score
So if the jobs report is good tomorrow, tapering may come sooner, and stocks go down. If the jobs report is bad, tapering may be delayed and stocks go up. Fascinating times.

Reaction Score
So if the jobs report is good tomorrow, tapering may come sooner, and stocks go down. If the jobs report is bad, tapering may be delayed and stocks go up. Fascinating times.

My guess is that the report will be positive since there are
So you think it's still a buy at $30? I'm torn.

I would not trust anything from seeking alpha

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
My guess is that the report will be positive since there are

I would not trust anything from seeking alpha

It depends on the writer for sure

Reaction Score
So you think it's still a buy at $30? I'm torn.
Depends on your investment strategy. Long term, imo, link is a top 3 token, as its token has utility for the network. Also, link has working products (off chain computation, vrf, price feeds, keepers, mixicles, etc...) unlike much of the top 10 which value is mostly speculative (cardano). Also, super linear staking has not been released, which means, when it does, more than 50% of circulating supply will be staked and off exchanges. Link will have over 1000 integrations by year end and is blockchain agnostic with hybrid smart contract functionality.

Reaction Score
Depends on your investment strategy. Long term, imo, link is a top 3 token, as its token has utility for the network. Also, link has working products (off chain computation, vrf, price feeds, keepers, mixicles, etc...) unlike much of the top 10 which value is mostly speculative (cardano). Also, super linear staking has not been released, which means, when it does, more than 50% of circulating supply will be staked and off exchanges. Link will have over 1000 integrations by year end and is blockchain agnostic with hybrid smart contract functionality.
Cryptonese is officially a new language. I try to learn this stuff but still can’t “comprehend” it. Still have a good bit of money in there bc people much smarter than me tell me I should.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Might as well be Swahili. Will watch the latest @uconntoatl video. Also, have planned to watch Gary Gensler's Sloan block chain course videos from a few years ago. Video Lectures | Blockchain and Money | Sloan School of Management | MIT OpenCourseWare

So true. For chainlink, simply put, is the industry standard solution to getting real-world data onto the blockchain. Currently and as originally designed, blockchains do not interact with anything that is not on the blockchain, aka real-world data. However, chainlink, has developed ways to do this via their decentralized oracle networks. You can get real-world data onto the blockchain with hybrid smart contracts. This can pertain to insurance contracts (weather data), sports betting (outcomes of events), banking transactions (see SWIFT x Chainlink collaboration) employment contracts...essentially anything that is a contract in the real world can now be deployed onto the blockchain and executed automatically based on real-world outcomes and the inherit code written for each smart contract.

Being the bridge of data from the real-world to the blockchain makes chainlink appealing to any company on any side that is looking to interact with the blockchain.

Smart contract platforms consist of ethereum, solana, zilliqa, cardano, polkadot. Chainlink's oracles are agnostic and can be incorporated into all of these, as well as their other products (price feeds being deployed to decentralized finance applications).

Chainlink also provides VRF (verifiable randomness function) to gaming platforms, so that rewards, placement in games, anything that needs to be randomized, does so in a fair way.

Chainlink is also the leading developer in what is being called cross-chain interoperability protocol. This is essentially a tool for developers building on any blockchain to send messages, transfer tokens, and initiate actions across multiple networks (ethereum to zilliqa) vs only being able to operate on one blockchain.

Also, an inherit problem of blockchain is transaction cost. If i send you a token from my wallet to your wallet, there is a fee that is paid to a miner to confirm and execute the contract. However, for companies doing thousands of transactions per day, Chainlink also allows any company using chainlink oracles/nodes using chainlink's price feeds for their product (as well as chainlink nodes that also indure cost), to compute many of these transactions off-chain with no cost., reducing fees/operating cost on the blockchain significantly.

The list goes on and on, but the big ticket is that you will be able to stack chainlink to the network that will be used as collateral to execute smart contracts.

Reaction Score
Took a big position in RAIL, 2 positives QT's, Strong revenues, great forecast, good long term hold IMO.

Reaction Score
Investment of a life time
https://seekingalpha.com/article/44...t have to worry about- just add on the dips.
[QUOTE="uconntoatl, post: 4042180, member: 6672"] [/QUOTE]

Reaction Score
So true. For chainlink, simply put, is the industry standard solution to getting real-world data onto the blockchain. Currently and as originally designed, blockchains do not interact with anything that is not on the blockchain, aka real-world data. However, chainlink, has developed ways to do this via their decentralized oracle networks. You can get real-world data onto the blockchain with hybrid smart contracts. This can pertain to insurance contracts (weather data), sports betting (outcomes of events), banking transactions (see SWIFT x Chainlink collaboration) employment contracts...essentially anything that is a contract in the real world can now be deployed onto the blockchain and executed automatically based on real-world outcomes and the inherit code written for each smart contract.

Being the bridge of data from the real-world to the blockchain makes chainlink appealing to any company on any side that is looking to interact with the blockchain.

Smart contract platforms consist of ethereum, solana, zilliqa, cardano, polkadot. Chainlink's oracles are agnostic and can be incorporated into all of these, as well as their other products (price feeds being deployed to decentralized finance applications).

Chainlink also provides VRF (verifiable randomness function) to gaming platforms, so that rewards, placement in games, anything that needs to be randomized, does so in a fair way.

Chainlink is also the leading developer in what is being called cross-chain interoperability protocol. This is essentially a tool for developers building on any blockchain to send messages, transfer tokens, and initiate actions across multiple networks (ethereum to zilliqa) vs only being able to operate on one blockchain.

Also, an inherit problem of blockchain is transaction cost. If i send you a token from my wallet to your wallet, there is a fee that is paid to a miner to confirm and execute the contract. However, for companies doing thousands of transactions per day, Chainlink also allows any company using chainlink oracles/nodes using chainlink's price feeds for their product (as well as chainlink nodes that also indure cost), to compute many of these transactions off-chain with no cost., reducing fees/operating cost on the blockchain significantly.

The list goes on and on, but the big ticket is that you will be able to stack chainlink to the network that will be used as collateral to execute smart contracts.

Interoperability is what's holding up Blockchain adoption.

I think the real problem is that everyone wants to put things on a chsin and for most cases tradition centralized databases will do.

The fee problem is by design, it's where people are making money. That's the who business model.

When crypto transactions becone seamless to the user and you don't have to store crypto in cold storage for fear of losing crypto, then I think crypto will have arrived. It's still very nascent.

If anything, the current infrustructure bill, if the language doesn't change, will hamper crypto's adoption in the US and Europe

the Q

Reaction Score

I think the real problem is that everyone wants to put things on a chsin and for most cases tradition centralized databases will do.

The fee problem is by design, it's where people are making money. That's the who business model.

When crypto transactions becone seamless to the user and you don't have to store crypto in cold storage for fear of losing crypto, then I think crypto will have arrived. It's still very nascent.

If anything, the current infrustructure bill, if the language doesn't change, will hamper crypto's adoption in the US and Europe
But it’s still the correct thing to do. Idk why people think crypto shouldn’t pay taxes or have companies not be responsible for tracking that data.

Reaction Score
But it’s still the correct thing to do. Idk why people think crypto shouldn’t pay taxes or have companies not be responsible for tracking that data.

I don't have a peoblem with taxes on any capital gains.

The problem is that brokers and assets are poorly defined.

As the bill stands, a developer, miner or even a validator could be considered a broker and subjected to unenforcable reporting responsibility.

These penalties for failure to properly report crypto activity are assumed by the CBO to reach a level of nearly $28 billion, and I say that with my pinky close to my mouth, dollars.

The bill won't take into effect until 2023, but it needs to properly define what a broker is and what an asset is.

Congress doesn't understand crypto or blockchain and if nothing changes, I don't think there will be a lot of people lining up to sunject themsrlves to FINRA laws and penalties.

Reaction Score

Thats the difference between proof of work vs proof of stake.

Miners have been known to frontrun transactions with "sandwiches". Meaning, for example, if I was a miner and you wanted to by a rando coin at a dollar, I, as the miner, could determine the order of your transaction with mine on the blockchain. Thus, as I miner, I see (my computer) there is a buy order at 1, so I decide to buy at 1 before your transaction, execute your transaction at 1.01 or 1.02 (a little bit higher than original placement) then sell my original buy after executing yours. These micro transactions add up, and that's on top of the miner already being rewarded for executing and verifying your single tranaction. This is not the intention of how the blockchain is suppose to work and chainlink is working to solve this problem.

the Q

Reaction Score
I don't have a peoblem with taxes on any capital gains.

The problem is that brokers and assets are poorly defined.

As the bill stands, a developer, miner or even a validator could be considered a broker and subjected to unenforcable reporting responsibility.

These penalties for failure to properly report crypto activity are assumed by the CBO to reach a level of nearly $28 billion, and I say that with my pinky close to my mouth, dollars.

The bill won't take into effect until 2023, but it needs to properly define what a broker is and what an asset is.

Congress doesn't understand crypto or blockchain and if nothing changes, I don't think there will be a lot of people lining up to sunject themsrlves to FINRA laws and penalties.

Yeah it would seem the solution is either govt mining and validation or corporate.

Which I’m sure would make many unhappy

Reaction Score
Missed by a mile. No soon taper. Economy and market continue to diverge.

Very terrible report, off by 500k. The Jackson Hole Fed meeting suggested that tapering was inevitable.

We'll see

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom