OT: Songs with cars in the title or lyrics | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Songs with cars in the title or lyrics

Reaction Score
We need something from Jan and Dean. They had Drag City, Little Old Lady from Pasadena and the prophetic Dead Man ‘s Curve. Jan sustained a serious head injury when he crashed his Corvette near Dead Man’s Curve just 2 years after the song was a hit.
From The Little Old Lady:
“But parked in a rickety old garage
Is a brand new shiny red Super Stock Dodge”

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score

This song is so real I can smell it. I remember those days and those cars and those guys. One more thing, I got the pink slip daddy has to be one of the best lines I ever heard. Brian Wilson is a genius. Of course I hadn't heard a lot of lines back then, but it is still memorable!

Bama fan

Reaction Score
"Long black limousine, shiniest car I've ever seen."

edited--Emmylou snuck in there doing background vocals, never a bad thing

That is a great song, and there is nothing in all the world that Emmylou doesn't make better.:)

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I think I've heard the story that this song came into existence during a drive from Boston to upstate New York to visit a boyfriend at the time by the lead vocalist. A bit melancholy, but lovely.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I'm still sticking with my premise that most songs about cars by men really are about cars, and most songs about cars by women are really about relationships.

Bama fan

Reaction Score
I'm still sticking with my premise that most songs about cars by men really are about cars, and most songs about cars by women are really about relationships.
You have been provided a wide range of material from which to draw your conclusions re your hypothesis

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom