OT: Songs by Unconventional Duets | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Songs by Unconventional Duets

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I don't think either of these two ever hit it big in the music industry, but wow that's a nice combination. One of the more hauntingly beautiful duets I've ever heard.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
This is stretching it, but since the USC Marching Band showed up why not. Lindsey usually does solo instrumental stuff, here she's added vocals from Lizzy Hale of Halestorm.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
This was their breakout hit. The male vocalist isn't a member of the band. I'm pretty sure after the fact it came out that the studio forced this on the band. It's kind of an interesting contrast, but the dude's voice sounds fairly crappy compared to Amy Lee.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
One of my favorite Louis Armstrong songs. I've never heard another song he did with May Alix, although they almost certainly recorded a few others.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
CMT's long running program Crossroads is a series of concerts featuring a country star combined w/ a pop or rock star. They play some of both of their hits, and maybe some covers. It's yielded some intriguing combinations over the years. Here's Kacey Musgraves and Katy Perry. Audio only, can't seem to find a video. Cover of a Dolly Parton song.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
CMT's long running program Crossroads is a series of concerts featuring a country star combined w/ a pop or rock star. They play some of both of their hits, and maybe some covers. It's yielded some intriguing combinations over the years. Here's Kacey Musgraves and Katy Perry. Audio only, can't seem to find a video. Cover of a Dolly Parton song.

Fine version of a very good song. Crossroads has given us some memorable stuff.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
A sad country song, one of my favorite.

Nice. I think this one was lingering on the edge of my memory but I forgot it before I could post it.

Reaction Score
How about Alison and Gillian, 2 of my favorite vocalists. From "O Brother Where Art Thou?"

As of 2018, Alison Krausse has won 27 Grammy Awards from 42 nominations, making her the most awarded living recipient, second only to classical conductor Georg Solti, who holds the record for most wins with 31.[3] She is the most awarded singer and the most awarded female artist in Grammy history

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom