OT: songs by conventional duets | The Boneyard

OT: songs by conventional duets

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Seems like a no brainer, since we had the non conventional duet thread. Duos or bands that frequently utilize two vocalists. There are some really famous ones, but I'll start with lesser known stuff.

Sister duo from Sweden. I don't know if the host was trying to be funny, they weren't even close to being born in the 60's. They've gotta be 90's kids. Anyway the taller sister usually sings backup but she gets a turn at taking lead for part of this song.

Oh, I think I get it. The grandiose intro is a nod to the song title. I don't think they've toured with The Eagles either.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
This band has an interesting approach. Two vocalists. They don't do lead and backup, they don't take turns singing lead, they share lead vocals on pretty much every song. They also do the mirror image, matching outfits and hairstyle thing.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I think of this duo as like a less well known Indigo Girls

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
or an obscure super twangy version of Indigo Girls

Reaction Score
Seems like a no brainer, since we had the non conventional duet thread. Duos or bands that frequently utilize two vocalists. There are some really famous ones, but I'll start with lesser known stuff.

Sister duo from Sweden. I don't know if the host was trying to be funny, they weren't even close to being born in the 60's. They've gotta be 90's kids. Anyway the taller sister usually sings backup but she gets a turn at taking lead for part of this song.

Oh, I think I get it. The grandiose intro is a nod to the song title. I don't think they've toured with The Eagles either.

I love the name of the band :)

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Husband and wife. Both do some solo work, Buddy does some studio gigs and was in Emmylou's band for a while. It's great when they team up.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
short lived country duo that cranked out some good stuff before their musical partnership imploded

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Probably mostly famous for singing the theme song from the tv show Friends.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Formerly husband and wife, they put out two albums together. I'm a big fan of Kasey, I'm not familiar with Shane's solo work. I thought their collaborations were really good.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Totally changing gears. This song actually has 3 vocalists but I'm choosing to ignore the brief growling part. This song is kinda cheesy but it's catchy. Quite a few of the European metal bands utilize both female and male vocalists, not really much of a thing here in the U.S.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I think the female vocalist sings circles around the guy from this band. They've always had duel vocals as far as I know.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Gillian is the headliner but I'm pretty sure David has been right by her side every step of her career, playing the heck out of that guitar and singing harmony.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
A bit cheesy, but fun. Guilty pleasure for me.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Michelle Branch and Jessica Harp (who I'd never heard of before) combined to form The Wreckers.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Michelle Branch and Jessica Harp (who I'd never heard of before) combined to form The Wreckers.

Really good song.:D:D:D They had a big hit with "Leave the Pieces" , but went separate ways 10 or 12 years ago.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom