OT: Song titles with precise time | The Boneyard

OT: Song titles with precise time

Status
Not open for further replies.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
We have a long interval between games, so let's play. We are NOT looking for vague times of day like dawn or twilight.
Gary US Bonds would apply.

Even though Eric's song says AFTER Midnight, this qualifies, cause the Midnight in the title IS precise.

Reaction Score
Do all ways of measuring time count? For example, dates measure time albeit not in an hours, minutes, seconds format. 1/7/2017 is as specific as after midnight, maybe more so.

"It was the third of June, another sleepy, dusty, delta day."

Reaction Score
And Christine Lavin has the most precise time of day in the title: “Regretting What I Said to You When You Called Me at Eleven O'clock on a Friday Morning to Tell Me That at One O'clock Friday Afternoon You're Gonna Leave Your Office, Go Downstairs, Hail a Cab to Go out to the Airport to Catch a Plane to Go Skiing in the Alps for Two Weeks. Not That I Wanted to Go with You, I Wasn't Able to Leave Town, I'm Not a Very Good Skier, I Couldn't Expect You to Pay My Way, But After Going Out with You for Three Years, I Don't Like Surprises (A Musical Apology).”

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score

Lots of non-specific times of day, but one 7PM.

Reaction Score

Best post of all time for these reasons:
1. Grace Kelly.
2. Best movie of the western genre (according to me).
3. Best song in a western (I'm listening to it now, even as I type, and listened to it about 5 times before I started typing).
4. Grace Kelly (I know I've already listed this).
5. Overcoming insurmountable odds is always a popular theme (Armageddon & others).
6. I'm still listening to the song.
7. Grace Kelly (I know I've already listed this twice).

I give this one million unofficial likes to go along with my official like.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
And Christine Lavin has the most precise time of day in the title: “Regretting What I Said to You When You Called Me at Eleven O'clock on a Friday Morning to Tell Me That at One O'clock Friday Afternoon You're Gonna Leave Your Office, Go Downstairs, Hail a Cab to Go out to the Airport to Catch a Plane to Go Skiing in the Alps for Two Weeks. Not That I Wanted to Go with You, I Wasn't Able to Leave Town, I'm Not a Very Good Skier, I Couldn't Expect You to Pay My Way, But After Going Out with You for Three Years, I Don't Like Surprises (A Musical Apology).”

Lol, this is great!

Reaction Score
Best post of all time for these reasons:
1. Grace Kelly.
2. Best movie of the western genre (according to me).
3. Best song in a western (I'm listening to it now, even as I type, and listened to it about 5 times before I started typing).
4. Grace Kelly (I know I've already listed this).
5. Overcoming insurmountable odds is always a popular theme (Armageddon & others).
6. I'm still listening to the song.
7. Grace Kelly (I know I've already listed this twice).

I give this one million unofficial likes to go along with my official like.
I agree with most of this, and, while I think as pure drama High Noon was the greatest western (Cooper & Kelly!), The Searchers was ultimately a greater movie because its allegorical message was not only stronger but also intelligible. I don't think in the end Fred Zinnemann really knew what he wanted to say, whereas John Ford always knew, in that movie and in every movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom