OT: SEC to Mississippi State...Less Cowbell. | The Boneyard

OT: SEC to Mississippi State...Less Cowbell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Mississippi State has been fined by the SEC for inappropriate use of cowbells.

Mississippi State was fined for violating the league's artificial noisemaker policy a second time. The last violation was in 2010. Mississippi State fans have a tradition of bringing cowbells to games, which the league approved, as long as they are only used at approved times.

Reaction Score
Mississippi State has been fined by the SEC for inappropriate use of cowbells.

Mississippi State was fined for violating the league's artificial noisemaker policy a second time. The last violation was in 2010. Mississippi State fans have a tradition of bringing cowbells to games, which the league approved, as long as they are only used at approved times.

This is udderly ridiculious! This approved by their conference as long as they are only used at appropriate times? What rabid fan or student is only going to use a noise maker other than when it is really needed to bring the DAMN BULL BLITZ on third down ??? !!!

We were laughing at our last home game as everyone, well what was there were clapping with gloves on. You had 10,000 people patting their pillow. Good vocals from what was there though.

There are a few noise makers that get in but they must be small as we get patted down. Not saying I would ever break the rules but I once saw a guy with the plastic piece of a party horn cupped in his hand. I thought to myself it must be nice for him to go home and still be able to talk .......

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm surprised ole miss got fined. Nearly every student that came down was quickly grabbed by the police or security and forcibly tossed back into the stands. I was amazed they didn't just cuff the ones they could get therir hands on.

As for the cowbells, MSU's stadium is so small that the bells don't make the noise any more distracting than the crowd noise at the large stadiums. When they finish the expansion, the SEC will probably rein in the noisemakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom