OT: Providence | Page 14 | The Boneyard

OT: Providence

Reaction Score
Since the Hopkins injury, Carter has saved PC from a really bad year. Playing at an all-conference level. As a side note, Devin Carter looks like Ronnie James Dio.
You mean Igor?

Reaction Score
Memo to other Big East schools: Georgetown is going to hang a Quad 4 loss on someone. Not sure who, not sure when. They might finish 2-18, but someone is going down.
Jayden Epps will shoot 8-33, but 5 of those 8 are coming in the last 5 minutes

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
N
Since the Hopkins injury, Carter has saved PC from a really bad year. Playing at an all-conference level. As a side note, Devin Carter looks like Ronnie James Dio.
Needs to emulate Derrick White...

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Untitled.png

Reaction Score
Jayden Epps will shoot 8-33, but 5 of those 8 are coming in the last 5 minutes

Hard to understate how Ewing left the program in ruin. DePaul has more talent than Georgetown.

Hoyas just need some players. They're not there now.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Memo to other Big East schools: Georgetown is going to hang a Quad 4 loss on someone. Not sure who, not sure when. They might finish 2-18, but someone is going down.
It was supposed to be Syracuse.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
PC can make some money printing Devine Carter shirts.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Epic battle in Rhode Island.
Who could object to any of it?
Anybody here?
Really?

And if so, for what good reason?

The game was a pre-built hedged bet, a win-win trash TV cat fight.

Providence wins its Super Bowl, and the erstwhile hometown hero - multi-year featured face of the PC Fox network halftime commercial - reaps in proportion to what he sowed. His social-climbing grab for the gold ring at America's premiere Jesuit University has provided him with more than enough to cover the costs of whatever's needed to soothe his and his wife's hurt feelings. If not, nothing will.

Besides, shtick or tic, he has seemed to relish playing the anti-hero in broadcast & recorded comments, which should stoke the rivalry and build somebody's brand. Perhaps he'll even joke that English won with 'his' players.

Those whose takes have been stalled by their mystification that the animus was so high are entitled to continue airing their pique about something they truly don't care about, that only tangentially affects them. It'll evaporate soon enough enough, if it hasn't already.

Ed loses? "Hate to see it happen."

If Providence had lost? "Hate to see it happen."

If you tied any of this to a financial wager and lost? Well, that's on you. There should have been enough juice in the high drama and, I suppose, the game itself.

Final note: Devin Carter is a baller who did what was needed and handled his post-game handshake with the guy who sold him on Providence like a mensch.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
great environments today in the northeast for the mid major leagues.

providence secures the home upset over the hoyas and cornell knocks off the princeton tigers.

home court advantage: the great equalizer!

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
I’ll admit that I haven’t read all 14 pages of this thread so sorry if this has already been mentioned.
I hope Georgetown doesn’t play that Taylor swift song when they meet again.
1706392000637.gif

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Lol, so… How was it? Our resident Boneyard spy love the atmosphere. It sounded terrific on TV. Any good tidbits?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I’ll admit that I haven’t read all 14 pages of this thread so sorry if this has already been mentioned.
I hope Georgetown doesn’t play that Taylor swift song when they meet again.
View attachment 95708
Please let Cooley somehow finagle having Taylor Swift come to Georgetown and sing it live.

Reaction Score
Ich bin ein Providencer.

I can't believe this thread is 14 pages and I'm actually skimming through them. I think Cooley is a great fit for Georgetown, trying to bring the hoyas back to relevance. On the flip side, chances are he won't be very successful. Add in the circumstances around his move from PC to Georgetown, I don't think he made a very wise choice.

Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom