OT: Parental account controls for children in windows | The Boneyard

OT: Parental account controls for children in windows

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I just did a full refresh of my computers and as part of that set up an account for my kids. They have school chromebooks but they do occasionally use our PC's. I don't use linked email accounts for personal computer access. Upon creating accounts for the kids, I started researching the microsoft parental controls - which are (unfortunately) a world apart from other device OS's such as amazon's tablets. It appears that there is no way to create age-appropriate account controls in windows without using email accounts for all users, unless you use a third party software. Has anyone used parental controls other than the microsoft family account functionality?

Reaction Score
I use Qustudio. It's for Windows, IOS, Android, MacOS, Kindle and Chromebook.

They have a trial period but I think this is comprehensive in the OS's that are covered.

Reaction Score
I just did a full refresh of my computers and as part of that set up an account for my kids. They have school chromebooks but they do occasionally use our PC's. I don't use linked email accounts for personal computer access. Upon creating accounts for the kids, I started researching the microsoft parental controls - which are (unfortunately) a world apart from other device OS's such as amazon's tablets. It appears that there is no way to create age-appropriate account controls in windows without using email accounts for all users, unless you use a third party software. Has anyone used parental controls other than the microsoft family account functionality?

are you Chief’s dad?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom