OT: Original song material about fantasy | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Original song material about fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
Can someone provide a Donovan number, that would be a real...um, splash?

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
Willie, Johnny and The Highwaymen doing a Burl Ives classic.

And speaking of Burl, it would seem his classic about the mythical woman with strange eating habits would fit. Anyone?

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
The above is also a candidate for sawed-off songs – does a double-duty song like that get extra credit?

Living in Florida, as others await a winter, is sufficient extra credit.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Little known band, but one of my favorites.

The Ghosts of Calico - Enter the Haggis

Reaction Score
There are many haunting and also upbeat versions of this song on the web...search and enjoy some. Among my favorites are instrumental versions (the most common form I have heard) heard in person, played on simple 'native' instruments. Of course Simon and Garfunkel beautifully popularized it on a great album.

El Cóndor Pasa (song) - Wikipedia

El Cóndor Pasa (pronounced: [el ˈkondoɾ ˈpasa], Spanish for "The Condor passes") is an orchestral musical piece from the zarzuela El Cóndor Pasa by the Peruvian composer Daniel Alomía Robles, written in 1913 and based on traditional Andean music, specifically folk music from Peru and Bolivia. Since then, it has been estimated that around the world, more than 4000 versions of the melody have been produced, along with 300 sets of lyrics. In 2004, Peru declared this song as part of the national cultural heritage.[1] This song is now considered the second national anthem of Peru.[citation needed]

It is the best-known Peruvian song to anglo-centric radio play due to a 1970 cover by Simon & Garfunkel on their Bridge over Troubled Water album. Their version is called "El Condor Pasa (If I Could)".

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I was coked up last night and thought of this song...I think it fits...

Reaction Score
I would go to a park somewhere to play ball. Pop in my Bad Company cassette and when Rock and Roll Fantasy came on for some reason I just couldnt miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom