OT: One year ago | The Boneyard

OT: One year ago

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
It was one year ago that I came home from work expecting to watch UConn on the following day in the AAC tournament. We were about to start a 2 week work rotation to enable social distancing in the office. I was really excited that I'd get to work from home , see UConn do damage in AAC tournament, and catch some march madness the week after. Well, we know what happened. I didn't return, and am still working remotely from home. Fingers crossed, let's see UConn do damage in the Big East and beyond. Go Huskies !!!!

Reaction Score
I had my tickets to the AAC tournament in Fort Worth along with plane tickets and a hotel reservation. The night before my morning flight I decided to check online re the tournament as COVID pandemonium was just started to swirl. It was then that I found out the tournament had been cancelled. I was fully confident that the Huskies' late season surge was going to end with us blitzing our way to a tournament victory and an automatic bid to the big dance. CLUNK.

Reaction Score
I had tix to the Thursday game in Fort Worth and was planning on going as long as we were playing, but driving home from work Wednesday night I called my dad and we decided it probably was not a good idea for him to go. By the time I left the gym and hit BWW with a buddy, that decision was moot since they announced no fans. Then the NBA shut down while were there and the dominoes began to fall. Until last night, that was the last time I had eaten at a restaurant (ate on a patio last night, 14 days after dose 2 of the vax so figured it was OK.) Planning to head to BWW for a quick beer on the patio to celebrate one year and then head home to watch the game.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
I was at the players championship here in Jacksonville Florida. I could not wait to leave to go watch us play our tournament game. I got notice around noon or so it was been canceled. I don’t think I stop drinking for the next three months. It is amazing to see what is happening right now. It’s great to be back in so many ways.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom