OT: NFL WATT bros - why they have such work ethic | The Boneyard

OT: NFL WATT bros - why they have such work ethic

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
The focus is on TJ Watt and his mother, but it covers their family life and perhaps why they have such a work ethic and are so low maintenance for their teams and coaches. (JJ - Houston DE, Derek - Los Angeles Rams FB, and TJ - Pittsburgh LB)

Watt: 'My mom is literally superwoman'

Teamwork was part of family life.
“We had a good team effort trying to get things accomplished,” said Connie. “The kids knew from the time they were little if we were going to be at their practices and games supporting them, which they wanted us to be, they had to all chip in and do chores.

“I just always say it takes a family. We are all making the mess, we all clean up. It was fun. We had a chore chart. They would each unload the dishwasher and each do their section. T.J. would be sitting on the countertop and J.J. would be passing things to him to put away. They each had to clean bathrooms, things like that. It was important for us to instill that the household doesn’t run automatically, or that the parents should do all of the work. It didn’t take that much time out of your day in order to help make a huge difference. Then we would have quality time together. We would do family game night. It was important to have that bond and family unit.”

Both parents worked to pay the food bill. ;)
"... said Connie. “There would be coupons for steak on sale. On my way to work I would pass two stores, because you could only use one coupon each time, and I would get as much as I could find. I would go to work, and people would give me their coupons and I would stop on the way home. I would do it all over again the next day for about a week. The butcher finally said something to me and I said it would hopefully last two months, but in reality would only last about a month."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin
Top Bottom