OT: NCAA Square Pool Is Up... | The Boneyard

OT: NCAA Square Pool Is Up...

Reaction Score
This is not your typical bracket pool. It is a 10x10 square pool for every game in the tourney. Check out the details here: Big NCAA Pool

NUZZI

Reaction Score
Can anyone recommend a good / paid bracket pool? The one I have participated in through 2019 is no longer running.

Reaction Score
I don't know of any good bracket pools, but are you interested in a knockout pool? A friend of mine has this one:

• 20 per entry. There are no restrictions on how many entries a member can have.
  • Members will pick one team each DAY of the tournament (10 days total).
  • Once you have picked a team, you can not pick them again during the tournament.
  • The pick deadline is the first game each day. Once the pick deadline passes, all picks will be visible and can not be changed.
  • If the team you picked WINS, you will advance to the next day. Otherwise, you are eliminated.
  • The tiebreaker is the total seed points of all picks (higher number wins)
Runyourpool.com
Group ID: 150379
Password: EliteMM

Reaction Score
Has anyone gotten their square info yet ? I haven’t.
I just saw your email, Jim, and replied. The info was sent out early Tuesday morning, but I included a copy in my reply to you. Did anyone else not get the email? If so, then let me know. It is a big BCC list so some email servers might spam it out.

NUZ

Reaction Score
Thanks John ! It was in my spam folder. Really appreciate you doing this!

Reaction Score
With squares in a football pool, numbers like 0, 3, 4, and 7 would tend to come up. With this arrangement all the numbers really have an equal shot of being the last digit in a team score. So far 62 teams have played and you'd expect about 6 teams would have had scores ending in each number. I have '1' and '7' 62 teams have played and only 2 teams have had ending scores with a '1', AND, only 2 teams have had an ending score with a '7'. 58 other outcomes, and that's before figuring whether the right team has the number based on seed. I guess I'm saving up for the law of averages to kick in in later rounds with higher payouts.

Reaction Score
Pretty crazy. There is also a very surprising number of multi-winners so far.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
With squares in a football pool, numbers like 0, 3, 4, and 7 would tend to come up. With this arrangement all the numbers really have an equal shot of being the last digit in a team score. So far 62 teams have played and you'd expect about 6 teams would have had scores ending in each number. I have '1' and '7' 62 teams have played and only 2 teams have had ending scores with a '1', AND, only 2 teams have had an ending score with a '7'. 58 other outcomes, and that's before figuring whether the right team has the number based on seed. I guess I'm saving up for the law of averages to kick in in later rounds with higher payouts.
Right there with you. I also have 1 and 7 and wasn't surprised by the distribution since I've essentially been out of every game with under 2 minutes to go, or so its seemed. But it's made watching every game more interesting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom