OT: NCAA softball playoffs start today | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: NCAA softball playoffs start today

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Wow!!!! Another fantastic finish (if you are rooting for Stanford). They scored 8 runs in two innings to run rule LSU, 8-0. The trees scored 7 in the 5th and in the 6th, their first batter hit the 1st pitch out of the stadium for the walk off win. As the announcers said, it was chaos in the 5th.

The WCWS matchups are:
Stanford v Texas
Duke v OU
Alabama v UCLA
OK State v Florida
Games start Thursday at noon ET

Conference representation
3 Big12, 2 SEC, 2 PAC12, 1 ACC

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
It took 13 SEC teams in the playoffs just to get 2 to the WCWS...again. That seems to happen every year. SEC teams ARE NOT better than teams from other conferences. It's just a crime what the selection committee does year after year after year. Pac 12 also got 2 with only about half as many teams in the field, and Big 12 got 3 with less than half as many included.

And of the 13, 8 of them hosted Regionals. No other conference had more than 3 teams hosting. Even with the deck ridiculously stacked in their favor, the SEC can't deliver. Year after year after year.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
It took 13 SEC teams in the playoffs just to get 2 to the WCWS...again. That seems to happen every year. SEC teams ARE NOT better than teams from other conferences. It's just a crime what the selection committee does year after year after year. Pac 12 also got 2 with only about half as many teams in the field, and Big 12 got 3 with less than half as many included.

And of the 13, 8 of them hosted Regionals. No other conference had more than 3 teams hosting. Even with the deck ridiculously stacked in their favor, the SEC can't deliver. Year after year after year.

I've said it before, I'll say it again.... da hell with the $EC current and future members

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I've said it before, I'll say it again.... da hell with the $EC current and future members
Unfortunately they've gone with the "if you can't beat them, have them join your conference" approach. Adding Oklahoma should pay huge dividends in the post season. Texas won't hurt either.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Unfortunately they've gone with the "if you can't beat them, have them join your conference" approach. Adding Oklahoma should pay huge dividends in the post season. Texas won't hurt either.
I think that no matter what happens in 2024, Oklahoma will need lots of portal help for a successful 2025. They are losing 10 Seniors, a few of them All Americans and their top pitchers.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I think that no matter what happens in 2024, Oklahoma will need lots of portal help for a successful 2025. They are losing 10 Seniors, a few of them All Americans and their top pitchers.
I'd like to think they'll take several steps back, but they've been able to add plenty of talent from the portal in recent years, and with the added $$$ that goes along w/ being in the SEC to sweeten the NIL pot, well let's just say I won't be crying any tears for the Sooners.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
I have a feeling we're going to get along real well as conferences mates.

Best Friends Reaction GIF by Hallmark Channel

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Depressing bunch of teams - 4 of the teams I most dislike - Florida, Alabama, UCLA and Oklahoma.

I don't mind OK State - even though they knocked out Arizona - and I typically like Texas but don't much like Mike White.

Which leaves Duke and Stanford - that will be my rooting interest.

Reaction Score
Them Gators! Wow. Coach Walton continues to do great things for that Gators softball program.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
I guess I am in the minority (so, what's new here) but I only became interested in college softball after about 2010. And the sole reason that I started watching the sport is because of the SEC and them televising a lot of regular season games. So, I was initiated into the sport via the dreaded SEC. I don't think at this point that any SEC teams had won the WCWS, so when they did, it was kinda exciting. I also favored FSU and Oklahoma because I favored their football teams over all Big10, Pac10/12 and Notre Dame football teams. So....

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I guess I am in the minority (so, what's new here) but I only became interested in college softball after about 2010. And the sole reason that I started watching the sport is because of the SEC and them televising a lot of regular season games. So, I was initiated into the sport via the dreaded SEC. I don't think at this point that any SEC teams had won the WCWS, so when they did, it was kinda exciting. I also favored FSU and Oklahoma because I favored their football teams over all Big10, Pac10/12 and Notre Dame football teams. So....
I admit I have my biases. Just ignore me and enjoy the WCWS.

WBBTakeover

Please trade Kierstan Bell!
Reaction Score
Well, well, well...that pesky little 10-seed took out the big, bad Mizzou squad at their place! :D Coach Marissa Young continues to show the softball world that she is a force to be reckoned with in this sport. She is simply amazing!

Not surprised to see Florida advance and not at all surprised to see Tennessee falter. I may have predicted as much earlier.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
This is outstanding. Speaking as a neutral fan,, across he board Duke social media puts out quality material.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Kinda curious why the Dookie coach replaced her starter so quickly in the 3rd inning.
Of course hindsight is 20-20.
And then Maxwell was lifted early but that worked out OK for the Sooners.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Texas beat Stanford 4-0. Last game of the day underway, scoreless between Oklahoma St. and Florida.

Reaction Score
Day 1:

Future P2: 4-1 (Future SEC 3-1, Future B1G 1-0)
Other: 0-3 (Future ACC 0-2, B12 0-1)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom