OT More surgery on my plate! | The Boneyard

OT More surgery on my plate!

Reaction Score
Just wanted to let you all on the BY know that this morning (Wednesday 6/28) I had my 2nd right foot operation!
This time for Hammertoe on my big toe!
In the Prep Room my Dr going to do the surgery noticed that the other 4 toes on my right foot were showing signs that they would windup like my Big Toe down the line sometime!
So he decided on doing ALL 5 toes at 1 operation! Saving me coming back later to finish the job!
Hopefully I'll only have to worry about my heart & Arthritis after the 3 week recovery period!
This stuff never ends for me!

Reaction Score
Just wanted to let you all on the BY know that this morning (Wednesday 6/28) I had my 2nd right foot operation!
In the Prep Room my Dr going to do the surgery noticed that the other 4 toes on my right foot were showing signs that they would windup like my Big Toe down the line sometime!
So he decided on doing ALL 5 toes at 1 operation! Saving me coming back later to finish the job!
Hopefully I'll only have to worry about my heart & Arthritis after the 3 week recovery period!
Wow, that's some procedure. here's hoping the outcome is best-case scenario, Rshermvikes! Good luck...

Reaction Score
Wishing you a speedy recovery.

I had a fusion of my big toe this past December, and the second toe screwed back together. I am finally able to fit into a wide sneaker, but the swelling will take at least another 6 months to subside. Once the bones of the big toe fuse completely I have the option of getting the hardware taken out (quick surgery/recovery) and you can bet I'm doing it. Small feet and bulky rods/screws are a very uncomfortable match.

Reaction Score
Both of these foot things sound like no fun at all. Speedy recovery for you both I hope!

I had a hip replacement done 4 weeks ago and figured it was pretty major stuff. I've mentioned it to a few people and the responses haven't been along the lines of "poor baby! " but more like "oh, my wife has had both hips and both knees replaced" (geez, so sorry about that) or "yeah, I had my knee replaced, now that really hurts and the rehab was long and painful"'. Ok, sorry i mentioned it.

If you are limping around on a bum hip for way too long like I did, get that bugger replaced! At the end of three weeks I was back on a tennis court. Admittedly not moving a whole lot, but hitting a ball. Don't expect a lot of sympathy and take care of those knees!!!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Hang in there buddy!!! Just had my left knee scoped. Going to have my right knee scoped a 2nd time in a month or so. When you’re old and your body is beaten up, it’s because you “used it”. That’s a hell of a lot better than sitting on your ass all your life….:)

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Hope it all turns out well. Take care of yourself.

Reaction Score
Chin up, RV, and toe down.

Reaction Score
Good luck. Had one done in 1970, and can’t say anything good about the outcome. It’s still there, but fused and no feeling.

Reaction Score
All the best going forward with everything, and hoping for a full rehab for you in time for the start of the season...! :)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I've had 4 toes on the right foot done. The big toe is a pain in the butt (horrible image) but I'm resisting the knife. Hope you have a great result.

Reaction Score
you have my prayers for a speedy recovery and now you'll have to rename your BY name bcuz like the 6 million dollar man you will be faster and stronger...get well my fellow By'er

Reaction Score
As always with my many health problems your BY support for me has been wonderful and much, much, appreciated!
We may at times differ on our opinions but the unwavering support for stricken members is awesome!
Thanks to you all!
Gosh I can't wait for this season to begin!
ps- - also thanks for putting up with my excessive compulsive tendencies!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom