OT: Mikey Williams | The Boneyard

OT: Mikey Williams

Reaction Score
Instagram star Mikey Williams has entered the transfer portal after resolving his criminal case and not playing a second for Memphis. What an odd yet somewhat predictable story. Fayetteville perhaps? Or maybe straight to the G-League next year?

Reaction Score
Honest question, is he even G-League material? I saw a piece on him and it sounded like his ranking was dropping like a stone even before the legal issues. At the end they made it sound like he was more of an internet sensation than an impactful basketball player.

Reaction Score
I'm sure this slap on the wrist made him learn his lesson not to shoot at people.

Reaction Score
his parents letting him live in a mansion by himself while still a high schooler was a recipe for disaster

Reaction Score
his parents letting him live in a mansion by himself while still a high schooler was a recipe for disaster

I wonder if they knew about his propensity for shooting at people prior to his living alone

Reaction Score
I wonder if they knew about his propensity for shooting at people prior to his living alone
the gunplay is obviously on the extreme level but I just don't see how they thought letting a 17(possibly even younger) year old kid with 6-7 figures already in the bank have that kind of freedom and access was a good idea. way too much bad could come of that and as we saw...

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
the gunplay is obviously on the extreme level but I just don't see how they thought letting a 17(possibly even younger) year old kid with 6-7 figures already in the bank have that kind of freedom and access was a good idea. way too much bad could come of that and as we saw...
Nobody in good faith could argue it’s a good idea. I wouldn’t trust my 17 year old self with that much money and clout. Kids are dumb.

Reaction Score
Seemed pretty apparent to me that the dad was preoccupied trying to turn Mikey into a star. Unfortunately for the kid, I think a lot of programs will see character as a red flag and you can't blame them, I would too.

I think a lot of parents/kids now are a little too focused on the skills and not enough on how to handle the moments where your skills aren't carrying you. This would be a perfect opportunity for Mikey to prove himself by putting his head down, working hard, buying into a program, doing the little things right, but is that programmed into a kid who has been an Instagram celebrity since 6th grade? Who knows

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Bad situation from the start. While being Overtime’s golden child since a freshman. Can’t tell someone like that anything.

Someone like Lamelo at least had his parents heavily involved (for better or worse) to keep him on the right track and out of crazy trouble.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom