OT- Mike Patrick | The Boneyard

OT- Mike Patrick

Reaction Score
He was insufferable and will always be my least favorite college play-by-play guy. Vitale had his weird cartoonish appeal (to some) and loved everyone and everything (to varying extents); Patrick was an ACC homer who lacked self-awareness and made your blood boil.

A few years ago he fell off a cliff in terms of his broadcasting chops. I was surprised and impressed ESPN acted so quickly and booted him from the premium games but it was the correct move.

Reaction Score
The sight of Coach K and Duke got him instantly damp to the knees but thought he was decent if not doing their games.

Reaction Score
He was insufferable
Not nearly AS insufferable as Cris Colinsworth doing a typical NFL game. Dear lord, his voice is awful, sounds like he just got done eating a fresh dog turd left on the grass whenever he starts to talk.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Is leaving ESPN

Mike Patrick has ended his long run at ESPN

I know he has been doing his job an awful long time but he was about as entertaining as dirt doing games.

90% of the women's college basketball games I've seen over the last decade were NCAA Tournament title games. The same seemed to be true for Mike Patrick. Unfortunately for everyone watching, he was calling them.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I always thought he was the worst ACC homer of them all. He made Vitale look unbiased and even keel.

Mike pACCtrick and Dook Vitale had to be the worst combo ever for a "neutral" broadcasting team

They make Tommy Heinsohn sound objective, they make Bill Walton sound relevant and they could give him lessons on how to be a better PAC 12 cheerleader

Absolutely nauseating to listen to, BABY

In a game against BC when JJ Redick missed a free throw Mike pACCtrick actually said "JJ was fouled so hard, I'm surprised he was able to hit the rim" (no joke) (paraphrasing)

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I liked Mike Patrick when he did our games.

He’s a good announcer.

But when he was teamed with Vitale on a Duke game, there wasn’t a worse combo on this earth.

He also tripped into me at a fundraiser. I could have let him fall, but I didn’t.

Pretty much a hero.

Reaction Score
Good riddance. Not sure what was worse, his fluffing of Duke/UNC/ACC or his eyesight towards the end. Would often wonder if I was watching the same game as him as plays were happening. He was always a frontrunner type.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Duke literally held a ceremony for him. Can’t make that up.

I love his call in the 2016 AACT game vs Cincy “he takes the shot for the win.” There’s like 8 seconds left and both teams score again leading to a fourth overtime.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom