OT: Men's Side: Is it just me? | The Boneyard

OT: Men's Side: Is it just me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
I do not like that the team who won their conference tourney have to have a play-in game to make the actual tourney. If anything, make the final 8 in play in the play-in games. Let the little teams that won their conference tourneys play a real game in the tourney - they earned it.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I do not like that the team who won their conference tourney have to have a play-in game to make the actual tourney. If anything, make the final 8 in play in the play-in games. Let the little teams that won their conference tourneys play a real game in the tourney - they earned it.
I would agree.

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score

The NCAA doesn't consider it a play-in game though.. Technically, it's the first round now.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
If everyone had to play 7 games to win it all I would agree, but we all know the truth.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
If everyone had to play 7 games to win it all I would agree, but we all know the truth.
You want 128 teams?

We all know those playin teams are not gonna be playing more than a couple games anyway.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
You want 128 teams?

We all know those playin teams are not gonna be playing more than a couple games anyway.

For the most part, unless they're VCU and go on a run that almost takes them to the NC game after 5 wins. You never know.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
You want 128 teams?

No, not at all. I thought 64 was a good number. I'd rather see small conference teams who earned their way in by winning the conference championship play in the real tourney as opposed to the middle of the pack BCS schools who was sub .500 in conference play. If they want in, make them play for it. Don't penalize the little guy.

And more importantly, it screws up brackets :0)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
You want 128 teams?

256 teams with a play in game for the remaining 60 or so. I only takes 8 games, plus the play ins.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
And actually only 4 of the play-in teams are tournament winners, and one of those has a losing record. Iona, BYU, South Florida, and Cal are all at-larges, the 4 lowest rated of the at-large teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom