OT: How did you choose your Boneyard username? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: How did you choose your Boneyard username?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
During the beginning of the 98-99 season, I found this website. At the time, I was ski bumming in Vail/Beaver Creek Colorado. I was a bit homesick, and this site helped me be a little closer to my team. So, I lived in Colorado, and love me my Huskies... I've been back in CT since 2002. I miss Colorado...

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Mine?

Simple. I grew up in CT and starting following during the Xorny Thompson years and I now live in Florida. Tie in 20 years in the Navy and that's how I got my name.

Avatar? Big Pink Floyd fan and a big fan of having friends around during the good times and the not so good times.

Reaction Score
Many are obvious—such as the multiple variants of UC9904111417—but others suggest either a good story or an interesting personal statement.

Alternatively, is there any meaning behind your choice of avatar? (Mau, you don’t need to answer this question; and I agree, by the way.)
The nickname which my fraternity (Theta Xi) was affectionately called in the late '60's.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I inherited it.

The real Fishy has been retired 15 years and living like a king in Patagonia.

At least he didn't kill you in the morning...do you get the young Robin Wright? That would be worth it.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
@Phorcys ... did you ever clarify yours? You just an old man of the sea?

My first name is Ty(ler) ... the rest of those letters are a 'scambling' of my last name, which I've been using everywhere since the 56k chat rooms.

My avatar is a representation of most of The Boneyard.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Oh man. You just rocked my world in a bad way. You're ctchamps? God I hated that motherf***ker. I mean, hated. Damn fluidlips...I guess I hate you, too.

You're ctchamps? Fo' real?

Did not see that coming. Wow.
Must of been someone else. Never went near your mother!

Reaction Score
I used the number 2 to replace the word too, and husky because I was getting fat.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I inherited it.

The real Fishy has been retired 15 years and living like a king in Patagonia.
tumblr_lo6sr0AK4n1qakh43o1_500.gif

Reaction Score
Years ago, when my wife and I got our first (single) email account from SNET, we chose our cat's (Cheddie) name for the address rather than a combination of our names. I used "Cheddie" for the old Hartford Courant message board, and have kept it since.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
I grew up rooting for New England sports and Waquoit was my favorite race horse. Here is his greatest race, the 1987 Massachusetts Handicap. A tremendous race with just an awesome stretch call.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I believe when I first registered back in like 2002 my work e-mail address autofilled the name screen, so I just shortened it.

Reaction Score
@Phorcys ... did you ever clarify yours? You just an old man of the sea?

I am a surfer, or at least used to be one.

Surfboards, like ships and boats, need to be named.

At the time I acquired my first serious surfboard, a classic Bing, I had just finished reading an apparently bad translation of Homer’s Odyssey, which described Phorcys as “the god of the salt-sea waves.” So, I christened my board with that seemingly perfect name.

Major mistake. It turns out that Phorcys was “the god of the hidden dangers of the deep,” making it a horrible name for something you wish to remain afloat.

A wipeout while surfing hurricane residuals at Narragansett Beach split the board in two.

Signing up for this board, I thought of that board.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
On prior boards, I used pretty generic variations of my name, none of which I remember exactly. Similar sounding ones pop up from time to time on The Boneyard, and I have to remind myself it's not me. Actually, I'm concerned that someone I know could think it's me. If that includes you, please Ignore them.

I was inspired by Hans Sprungfeld's prosthetic silver tongue, and how he was able to escape his past by changing his name and eventually have a town named after him. There's hope in that.

Reaction Score
I stole my name from my son who was AZHuskie.
Ironically he never uses that name anymore I don't think he wants any association with me. . I'm not even sure what his name is.
I also know my grandsons in Ct got a handle just to break them off on me me.
Sarcasm seems to be hereditary.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I am a surfer, or at least used to be one.

Surfboards, like ships and boats, need to be named.

At the time I acquired my first serious surfboard, a classic Bing, I had just finished reading an apparently bad translation of Homer’s Odyssey, which described Phorcys as “the god of the salt-sea waves.” So, I christened my board with that seemingly perfect name.

Major mistake. It turns out that Phorcys was “the god of the hidden dangers of the deep,” making it a horrible name for something you wish to remain afloat.

A wipeout while surfing hurricane residuals at Narragansett Beach split the board in two.

Signing up for this board, I thought of that board.

Hahaha I surf as well, to this day. Though not so much in the north east now. Spent 8 years in Australia, and actually grew up surfing Gansett and Newport.

I've had 20+ boards and never named one! I've been doing it wrong all along. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom