OT - Hornets in town | The Boneyard

OT - Hornets in town

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Just ate sushi sitting next to Frank Kaminsky, Marvin Williams, Tyler Hansborough and Spencer Hawes. Immediately upon sitting down, Hawes asks for Sake Bombs.

Before I could ask where Kemba was, my friend walked up, said he wanted to shake their hands, and introduced himself as a Duke fan. Needless to say, they were unimpressed. Two UNC alums, and Frank the Tank still smarting from the NC game.

Not much of a story now that I look at it. They were tall. Walked out with my head down.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Wouldn't they be Hornets?

Reaction Score
Just ate sushi sitting next to Frank Kaminsky, Marvin Williams, Tyler Hansborough and Spencer Hawes. Immediately upon sitting down, Hawes asks for Sake Bombs.

Before I could ask where Kemba was, my friend walked up, said he wanted to shake their hands, and introduced himself as a Duke fan. Needless to say, they were unimpressed. Two UNC alums, and Frank the Tank still smarting from the NC game.

Not much of a story now that I look at it. They were tall. Walked out with my head down.
You are friend's with a Dukie fan? That's incredibly disturbing.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
FWIW Frank and Hawes are always out in Charlotte at the bars. Frank was tossing around beers in the air at Dandelion Market about a month back and we were right there with him. Good times.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
FWIW Frank and Hawes are always out in Charlotte at the bars. Frank was tossing around beers in the air at Dandelion Market about a month back and we were right there with him. Good times.

haha Frank was quiet, but Spencer wanted to get started on the Sake before he even sat down.

Reaction Score
Imagine introducing yourself as a "Duke fan". Why? How is it supposed to be interpreted by anyone let alone an NBA hoopster?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Imagine introducing yourself as a "Duke fan". Why? How is it supposed to be interpreted by anyone let alone an NBA hoopster?

Who knows man. Needless to say, it was awkward. He was laughing his arse off when we left. Nobody else was.

Reaction Score
They're taking a piece out of the Celtics right now in a critical battle for seeding. Kemba has 16. Lamb looks headed for another DNP - is he hurt or just not a part of the rotation right now?

Reaction Score
They're taking a piece out of the Celtics right now in a critical battle for seeding. Kemba has 16. Lamb looks headed for another DNP - is he hurt or just not a part of the rotation right now?
He is coming off a toe injury, but clifford really is not a fan of him. hell look for any reason to play troy daniels ahead of him. reminds me of how clifford played jason maxiel over biyombo last year for some crazy reason, maxiel is out the nba and biyombo is the best bench big in the league arguably.

Reaction Score
Watched them in person yesterday in DC. Daniels and Lin were beyond horrible in the game - Lamb didn't even sniff the court

Reaction Score
Watched on TV. Tommy Heinsohn issued a death threat to an official. I believe his words were something like: "That young official, I tell ya, he keeps making calls like that, he's not going to get much older."

Those are the sort of things you miss out on by attending the games in person.

Reaction Score
perhaps JC will have some words for clifford (joking), two guys with deep new england ties.

Reaction Score
perhaps JC will have some words for clifford (joking), two guys with deep new england ties.

Clifford is a weird dude because all the die hard Hornets fans hate his rotations but he has undeniably bettered his team with his new offense. And he is clearly a great defensive strategist.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
image.jpeg
It was a good night

MASSconn

Pretentious CR Critic
Reaction Score
Boston alumni who contacted the foundation got a meet and greet after the game on the floor. It was also Asian-American night at the Garden, so Jeremy Lin had a mob there to meet him right next to us (along with Harvard alumni)

Got to talk to Jim, Jim's son (Converse CEO), Kemba, Lamb, Jeff Adrien and a brief appearance from Patrick Ewing. Donyell Marhall's daughter works for the Celtics and ran the event for the foundation. It was great stuff and I hope we get more alumni up here.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Boston alumni who contacted the foundation got a meet and greet after the game on the floor. It was also Asian-American night at the Garden, so Jeremy Lin had a mob there to meet him right next to us (along with Harvard alumni)

Got to talk to Jim, Jim's son (Converse CEO), Kemba, Lamb, Jeff Adrien and a brief appearance from Patrick Ewing. Donyell Marhall's daughter works for the Celtics and ran the event for the foundation. It was great stuff and I hope we get more alumni up here.

How's Adrien? From all that's been reported, we thought he went off the deep end..

Reaction Score
I'm in Boston and definitely would have wanted to go to this but it was just a very hectic period of time, started a new job that same day so I didn't want to further complicate my life.

I would definitely be interested in this sort of thing next season, although our NBA alumni numbers are dwindling so I guess it will only make sense a handful of times a year

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
I'm in Boston and definitely would have wanted to go to this but it was just a very hectic period of time, started a new job that same day so I didn't want to further complicate my life.

I would definitely be interested in this sort of thing next season, although our NBA alumni numbers are dwindling so I guess it will only make sense a handful of times a year

The alumni association usually does one Celtics game and one Red Sox game each year. I'm pretty sure last season was the first time they did a meet & greet @ the Celtics when Shabazz came to town. I wasn't able to attend but apparently he spent more time w/ everyone than Kemba was able to this year. Hopefully they are able to do another meet and greet next season.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
The alumni association usually does one Celtics game and one Red Sox game each year. I'm pretty sure last season was the first time they did a meet & greet @ the Celtics when Shabazz came to town. I wasn't able to attend but apparently he spent more time w/ everyone than Kemba was able to this year. Hopefully they are able to do another meet and greet next season.
Visit Mohegan Sun for the bi-annual Alum game this Summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom