OT Greatest Single Lines From Movies | Page 15 | The Boneyard

OT Greatest Single Lines From Movies

Reaction Score
" Smile when you say that, (partner)". This was in the book, was it in a movie
of the same name?? I 'm thinking of the plot ending that was used in High Noon.
Don't know about a movie, but if I remember correctly, in the book The Virginian by Owen Wister, there was a similar sentence: "When you call me that, smile."

Reaction Score
"You're good, kid, but as long as I'm around, you're only second best."
I didn't get it exactly right from memory, and Jim Carrey embellished the quote in 'The Mask', but here's the original.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
'In U.S. of A, democracy is very different from Kazakhstan. In America, woman can vote, but horse cannot!”
and,
'This my mother. She is oldest woman in all of Kuzcek! She is 43! This is my wife Oxanna. She is a moron.'

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
"Man's got to know his limitations."

"People keep givin' me guns."

"My blue blanket! Where's my blue blanket?!"

“A heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others.”

JordyG

Reaction Score
Quote is "I'm your Huckleberry." Val Kilmer in Tombstone is, in my opinion, his greatest work.
..and it's not even close. My favorite modern western. Soon after this it went to his head. On the set of "The Isle Of Dr. Moreau" Marlon Brando told him, and I paraphrase, "Don't let the size of your paycheck equate with the size of your talent".

JordyG

Reaction Score
"I'm a man! Well, nobody's perfect.".

"She's not my girlfriend. I find her interesting because she's a client and because she sleeps above her covers. Four feet above her covers".

"I've done some bad things in my life, Nicolai... Things I'm not proud of. I promised someone I love very much that I would never go back to being that person... But for you, I'll make an exception".

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I can't believe nobody came up with this one yet:

"Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining".

According to legend, a young, soon to be director felt the delivery of that line was so perfect that he cast the actor in what became an iconic role solely because of that (without ever having met him).

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
'If he can only perform good or only perform evil, then he is a clockwork orange—meaning that he has the appearance of an organism lovely with colour and juice but is in fact only a clockwork toy to be wound up by God or the Devil.”
this movie stinks. boring, unengaging, rude, rather pointless. like wasting an afternoon at a jackson pollock museum.
i'd rather be entertained. staring at dungheaps is not entertaining, unless you are a fly, i suppose.

JordyG

Reaction Score
'If he can only perform good or only perform evil, then he is a clockwork orange—meaning that he has the appearance of an organism lovely with colour and juice but is in fact only a clockwork toy to be wound up by God or the Devil.”
this movie stinks. boring, unengaging, rude, rather pointless. like wasting an afternoon at a jackson pollock museum.
i'd rather be entertained. staring at dungheaps is not entertaining, unless you are a fly, i suppose.
You also left out the fact that the movie was also childish, prurient and over indulgent. Otherwise a fair assessment of perhaps Kubrick's most inaccessible and barren movie.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom